Fall television shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
Now that the new shows are starting up, which ones are you watching? Which old favorites are you watching again this year?

I think my favorite is still The Amazing Race, and we actually get Dancing With the Stars this time around...can't say that I'm really taken with any of the contestants this year though...and we're watching SVU as well as CSI Miami, New York & the original Vegas. I started watching Castle reruns a few weeks ago & so am going to keep on with that one. We tried the first episode of Blue Bloods but didn't find it to be that good so dropped it before watching the 2nd show. We watched the first Law & Order: Los Angeles but were a bit disappointed in it. We'll see what the next one is like.

Is the original L&O series finished, or will it be coming back? I heard rumors that it wasn't coming back but at the time that wasn't official & I haven't heard anything more. If Criminal Intent is on again I guess it won't be until spring again?

Criminal Minds I watch once in awhile but not often--sometimes it's a little creepy--and I did want to watch the first episode of No Ordinary Family but then ended up not turning it on. I tried My Dad Says but that was totally lame. I love Hot in Cleveland but now it doesn't seem to be on any more?

We did start out watching So You Think You Can Dance Canada but quit after a few shows--I don't like it as well as the US version for some reason.

I don't really get a lot of time to watch TV in the evenings so we tape most of the shows & watch them here & there when we get the time. Sometimes we end up with quite a pile of tapes, and then catch up a bit on sweeps week when they have reruns or in the spring when the reruns come on again...

I am not much of a TV buff really, but so far, I've been watching Heartland, The Mentalist and Big Bang Theory. I also watched Medium, but truthfully, really lost interest in it last year. It used to be I couldn't miss an episode, but it's really been going downhill and now I don't even care if I miss it anymore. I also watched Trauma last year I was hoping they'd continue with it this year, (I thought is was EXCELLENT!) but I guess it won't be back either.
no.gif
I do plan to watch American Idol again once it resumes.
yes.gif

THE EVENT!!!!!!! I just KNEW aliens was going to be involved!

Blue Bloods

Criminal Minds

The Mentalist

ok, I admit that I am watching all the Martha Stewart shows I can since it seems she has taken over the Hallmark channel. Atleast for now for holiday ideas.

The Event, Sons of Anarchy, Terriers, Greys Anatomy, Private Practice, Medium, and House all get taped so I can skip the commercials and watch them during the day.

Although I am not much of a tv person I do enjoy Crimminal Minds and Big Bang Theroy. I used to watch CSI but lost interest when alot of the characters left.

Dancing With the Stars, Survivor, SVU, H e l l 's Kitchen. I saw some of Chase the other night and it was pretty good. I enjoy programs with more action and not so much hum-drum dialog. Sons of Anarchy is ok....I'm having a hard time believing "Peg Bundy's" character and taking her seriously tho. Other shows I tape and watch during the year are: The Bachelor/Bachelorette, (Bachelor Pad was pretty good), Master Chef, Dating In the Dark, Wipe Out, So You Think You Can Dance & Idol to name a few.

Ellen (at work sometimes, when I can catch it before the kids get home from school), Lie To Me, Big Bang Theory, Glee, Parenthood (watch it on-line during the day), So You Think You Can Dance when it comes on again, and the USA shows when they come back Psych, White Collar & Covert Affairs (love them!). Tried a few others, but not much has kept me interested.

Ellen (at work sometimes, when I can catch it before the kids get home from school), Lie To Me, Big Bang Theory, Glee, Parenthood (watch it on-line during the day), So You Think You Can Dance when it comes on again, and the USA shows when they come back Psych, White Collar & Covert Affairs (love them!). Tried a few others, but not much has kept me interested.

Dancing with The Stars,Survivor,Amazing Race,Brothers and Sisters(It is so much like my family)Food Network(I just like to see some of the weird ingredients)used to watch Criminal Minds(but it got too goorie for me)Big Band Theory sometimes,CSI and Private Practice sometimes

We have DVR, so i can record 2 shows at once and i hardly ever watch a show as it is playing. I can't remember the night that Criminal Minds comes on but there are 3 shows i lke that are on at the same time so CM had to go, like others have said, it got to scary for me.

Two and Half Men

Rules of Engagement

NCIS

NCIS LA

CSI, CSI NY sometimes the Maiami one

Private Practice

Brothers and Sisters

Desperate Housewives

Law & Orders

Parenthood

The Mentalist

Big Bang Theory

Weeds

I usually watch 1 crime show and if i'm still awake i might watch a short show like a comedy. It took me 3 tries to watch Private Practice last week, lol.

Minimor: I like Hot in Cleveland too and i'm hoping it comes back on later in the year.

Oh, before the fall shows came back on I was watching Royal Pains.

Smallville...its my 'non pony' obsession. I've been an avid watcher since season 1 and we are now on season 10!!!! This is the FINAL season - I am excited to see it end / how it ends...but its going to be hard to not have new episodes to look forward after this..

Im not a big TV watcher...

They are bringing Conan back??? OH MY!!!! EXCITING
default_new_shocked.gif
default_laugh.png

I am so glad that

Grey's Anatomy

Survivor

Private Practice and Brothers and Sisters are back!

But another show is ending that I like called the Glades anyone else watch it?

HAWAII 5-0....Loving the new series....... and who can get that song outta their heads?....loved it from the original and so glad they kept it...... plus they have some nice eye candy to watch!

Let's see what else? GLEE (how can you resist a show about music?), Rules of Engagement, Big Bang Theory...Modern Family.....I like the fun, goofy shows.....but am loving Hawaii 5-0....... tried Blue Bloods......couldn't get into it....

I also like to DVR the Chelsea Lately show.....Chelsea Handler just cracks me up.

Miss The Bonnie Hunt show...good, clean entertaining talk show....still like Ellen, though and watch when I can.

Watch True Blood when it's going, now the season is over.....Kathy Griffin when it's new......

NCIS....nuff said
default_wink.png

Actually that is the only series I watch anymore....

but hockey season starts this week, so that will keep me entertained for awhile....

~kathryn

I love TV; it's my major form of 'in-the-house' entertainment!

My list is long: 5-0; I LOVED the original, am liking the new one, though perhaps not QUITE as well

Criminal Minds

All of the CSI shows

NCIS

I Survived

the Animal Planet 'animal cop' show

Intervention

The Glades-1st season just ended, but should return--CUTEST(I may be old, but I'm not DEAD!!)young man in

the lead role, an Aussie but plays it

w/an American accent!

The Little Couple- LOVE Jen and Bill!

American Pickers(History channel)

Pawn Stars (History channel)

Taping "The Event", haven't gotten around to watching yet, but sounds like something I'll like

Detroit 1-8-7---liking it so far

This is only the ones I can think of just now; am sure there are more, but most would be more 'occasion', as

in, episodes that sound interesting!

Must say, I MISS "Lost", which was my favorite for its run. Also, the original "L and O". I sometimes watch

the other older ones. LOVED "Southland", but appears it's never coming back
default_sad.png

Tried "Blue Bloods", new LA "L and O", not too impressed

Margo

Well, I was sure disappointed when I watched CSI:Miami this week--they killed off Jesse. I liked him & am sad to see him go--I'd have liked it better if they took Eric off the show instead.

I too miss Lost ... and Ghostwhisperer.

Nothing can compete with 24. Miss it so much. But still WHEN I watch it is usually crime/mystery/cop/attorney stuff:

CSI

Law and Order

Bones (yeah, often hokie)

Criminal Minds

Mentalist

The Closer

The Glades

trying to get interested in Blue Bloods

House

1000 Ways to Die (If you are able to watch more than 20 minutes u r a sicko!)

Lifetime movies and Reba reruns fill in the gap. CMT if I am cleaning house.

Dexter

Criminal Minds

Grey's Anatomy

Bones

Law and Order: SVU

NCIS

Survivor

And my usual Sunday cartoons, of course: Family Guy, Simpsons, American Dad

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mentalist

CSI: Las Vegas

Castle

Rookie Blues

Brothers & Sisters

Desperate Housewives

NCIS

One Tree Hill

Pretty Little Liars

Rizzoli & Isles

Bones

Just to name a few...
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Dexter (But how can they top last season with John Lithgow?)

Modern Family

Rules of Engagement

Big Bang Theory

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

What did we ever do before DVRs? We rarely watch anything "live".

Latest posts

Back