Exciting Horse Announcement for Us

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I'm very excited that Erica Killion has agreed to let Ericas Echos of My Destiny HOF, whom we have proudly co-owned since 2005, stay on with us permanently at Whinny For Me Farm! As far as I'm concerned, though, Erica will always be his God mom!

In the time Erica and I shared Destiny, she turned him into such a dream come true. He became a National Champion (halter) in 2007 and was also inducted into the Hall of Fame for Halter that same year. In 2008, he became Reserve National Grand Champion (driving). He has repeated National Top 10 honors in halter, repeated National All-Star, AMHA Honor Roll, and too many good ribbons for me to even hang them all up (and I have displays in multiple locations!).

It was just a fluke that Erica and I ever talked about Destiny in the first place as I had wanted to bend her ear about another horse I had my eye on. She said if I'd consider a colt, she had one she thought could do big things. I still remember Erica calling me from his first show and telling me "he did pretty good" (Grand and Reserve Grand) and how excited I was. That was the first of A LOT of good news calls. Then in 2007, she called right after his class at Nationals and said "Hey, I just wanted to tell you he won!" I was so excited but had to ask just to be sure "Does that mean he's a National Champion?" ("yeah, that's what it means.") I remember me here watching his 2008 Nationals Stakes Driving class that was webcasted and Erica at her house by then also watching and us IM'ing when he got Reserve Grand. I was cheering so loud! It meant so much more over the years having someone else to be proud of him with together!

Destiny's also a complete joy to have around. For a horse who can "blow steam from his heels and walk on air" (Erica's words), he is just a marshmallow when you want to love on him. He apparently knows when it's time to turn it on and when it's time to tone it down! Based on what a handful he was when I first met him "in person" in 2006 I guess, I had a lot of apprehensions about him coming home, tearing down stalls and fences, etc. Ha! He's just a good, good boy. Grew up a lot. I would have missed him badly if we alternated him back and forth every other year as we had planned, and even though we do not breed a lot of mares, he's so important to our plans. It's a load off my mind now that he will not be leaving for a year this fall.

Thank you so much, Erica. I promise to never stop loving this boy and in my heart and his, he's always going to belong to us both. He is a real treasure in my life. You've been such a good friend and helped us so much over the years -- and it all started with "Destiny"
default_wub.png

[SIZE=12pt]Ericas Echos of My Destiny (HOF), a/k/a Destiny[/SIZE]
2004 AMHR / AMHA 33” smokey silver black stallion

National Champion (halter) / Res. National Grand Champion (driving) / Hall of Fame (halter)

Grandson of both Alvadars Double Destiny and Little Kings Buck Echo

Now also a Proven Sire of Show Quality, Typy Foals

Destiny%202007%20Nationals%20Sign.jpg
Destiny%205.jpg

Destiny%20Pictures%20By%20Shannon%20--%20June%202007%20--%20002.jpg
Destiny---2008-Center-Ring-Win---Small.jpg

Destiny-----2008-Nationals-Driving-----Smallest.jpg
Destiny%204.jpg

I love this for you Jill. Its great when someone is so devoted to their horse, the loves really shines. And with Destiny being such a well behaved boy around the farm, that's the icing on the cake. Now let's have some pasture pics already!

Great news!! He is a spectacular horse!
default_smile.png

Oops...sorry! Double post! That just means he's twice as spectacular!!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Jill! I know how happy you must be to know this boy will stay at home with you!
default_wub.png

Carol

That is great. I know how excited you must be. Destiny has sure made his mark at the shows.

Wow! Jill I know you really love that boy!

Destiny is such a wonderful fellow. Congratulations! I know you feel glad all over.

Mary

Congrats Jill and Harvey! He's a wonderful horse and you should be very, very proud!

Congratulations Jill, I bet you are so excited and happy to have your wonderful Destiny with you forever.

It is always great when miniature horse dreams come true!
default_biggrin.png

I share your happiness !

That is so wonderful Jill, Erica is such an awesome breeder and sounds like a fantastic friend. You so derserve this. Destiny has an wonderful forever home with you. Congrats!

Good news Jill, Congratulations!! I know you are very excited!

Congratulations
default_biggrin.png
l bet your just beside yourself
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

And I can say I knew him when he was a baby LOL. congratulations. I remember him very well when Erica bought his dam and he was on her side. He showed a lot of spark at that young age as well.

Back