Erica's Geisha is acting funny

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geisha would've had that baby by now had she come HOME to TN!
default_yes.gif

Hey Erica, where did Geisha go?? Every day I log on thinking that I've surely missed her foaling, and every day she's still waiting....

Hey Erica, where did Geisha go?? Every day I log on thinking that I've surely missed her foaling, and every day she's still waiting....
Lori, She's already outside for today. Compared to snow Thrus and Friday, today it's in the 60's.....so she's out playing. As she looks about the same
default_new_shocked.gif

I don't think I'll have to put Rowdy and Echo under till maybe this weekend, they are progessing but not there "yet" but getting close...both bred to Big City.

Did Geisha do this last year? Or was she 'right on time'? I was watching her last night and i swear she looked thinner LOL. Just my eyes placing tricks on me
Leeana,

Geisha didn't foal last year (as in 07) though I would have thought a late fall foal. She foaled April of 06 with Memoir and didn't get a good cycle with follice until I weaned her fall of 07. With her age I opted to try and bred for a fall baby, when any other time I wouldn't.......well she's still hanging on to it. If nothings here by next week I'm going to try to get Doc out to do some Ultrasounds on a few maidens and do her as well. She was with foal, but we couldn't get a good look at it when US'd spring 07; and she has NEVER gave any inclinition of a phantom pregnancy, or that she slipped a foal. Stayed fat and sassy all year and all winter....She's been up at the barn all year so I would have noticed if she gutted up or lost weight or lost a foal of size...

I'm just
default_wacko.png
She has to have it in Feb or she got bred through a fence or by a ghost stallion, or that she's overcooking the baby by a LONG time..

Is tonight the night?
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
Its gotta happen soon I think too. The first thing I do when I come in the house from morning chores is check your foal cam lol. It's ridiculous but it does give us something to do and think about in a time when its freezing outside.
default_laugh.png

~Jessica

Hi Erica,

I just watched you checking on Geisha. I was kind of expecting you to give a thumb's up or down to the camera. What was the condition of her milk? Do you feel odd in her stall knowing that any number of people are watching everything you do? I am starting to feel I know you! Don't ya just love the internet and how small it makes our wonderful world. Happy Super Bowl!

Diane in OR

HEY HEY HEY Geisha is standing with her butt on the opposite side of the stall now! Maybe, just maybe, it is a sign? I have yet to see her stand with her butt on this side of the stall and she has her head hanging low. I've never seen what her left side looked like LOL.

Im thinking tonight is the night, i have a feeling. How did she look Erica? I bet you have one heck of a head ache and the first foal isn't even on the ground
default_smile.png

I have been Watching her too

Last night I watched her for a few hours I thought she was going to Pop!

But here we are today still no foal
default_sad.png

I think she is waiting until nobody is watching lol Smart Girl :DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well she looks about the same yet again.....turned her out as it was warm today and she ran and bucked like a two year old. She's sunk in, in the hips and bellied down. She's got milk still, bag is there, it's not "hard" but full; I'd expect it to be a tad "tighter" but again she's 23 so I keep thinking maybe she's going to be different; and since I've only had her for two years and one foal I don't really know...

Im thinking tonight is the night, i have a feeling. How did she look Erica? I bet you have one heck of a head ache and the first foal isn't even on the ground
Actually right now is not "too" bad; at least it's just her on watch now.........when it gets hairy and very tiresome is when I have 3-4 under high watch, and that usually starts about the time I put about 10 show horses up that are on "high maintence"; makes for long days working full time and then dealing with both of those, as well as taking care of 50 other horses.... But I wouldn't trade it for nothing....we'll I'd give up the full time job to just do horses, but that will have to wait.

As for the first foal headache, I slipped in the first foal; mare was on cams at the house but not on marestare...easy, read the book and on time, and a goregous outcome........but this second one (who if she don't hurry up won't be the second is giving me a few premature gray hairs)
default_smile.png

Well she looks about the same yet again.....turned her out as it was warm today and she ran and bucked like a two year old. She's sunk in, in the hips and bellied down. She's got milk still, bag is there, it's not "hard" but full; I'd expect it to be a tad "tighter" but again she's 23 so I keep thinking maybe she's going to be different; and since I've only had her for two years and one foal I don't really know...

Hey Erica, my older mare that foaled at 21 and 22 years old (now retired) had a stretched-out bag so her bag didn't get as tight as my younger mares when she was due to foal.

Maybe Geisha is enjoying this "being famous" too much to give it up by foaling?
default_biggrin.png

Lori, that's what I keep thinking with hers. Now my other older mare who is her same age her udder gets very full and tight an hard still.....

Cams are being very
default_wacko.png
this morning, maybe it's the weather, it's thick, sticky, foggy, stormy.......

This might have been asked before and i missed it but what size stall is it that Geisha is in?

Her belly keeps growing..and growing....

Some snapshots I took off her cam, 32", 22 yr old mare....

tinytrotter_2008-02-02_22-11-37.jpg

tinytrotter_2008-02-04_21-12-34.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I wish I could watch!!! Thanks for posting some pics Erica!!! At least I got to see something :DOH!

She is sure making you wait Erica, hang in there!

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your beautiful foals again this year!
default_yes.gif

The foal sure has a strong feline gene
default_wink.png
I know I was so excited when I turned the cam on and saw a small creature in there behind Geisha... then i relized it was a CAT!! LOL

Latest posts

Back