Eagle isn't well

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no!! I dont believe it. How can a vet use the wrong thing and not notice?
default_new_shocked.gif

I'm so sorry Renee that you will now have to wait another week for the results, and that's another week of waiting for Eagle too. What a shame!

How annoying having to wait again
default_no.gif
Hope it all goes well when you finally have your results
default_smile.png

I am so angry, the vet was supposed to come this morning and I waited and waited and then finally gave him his breakfast at 9.00am and he wasn't happy either. I hate living in this country
closedeyes.gif

That really is too bad!! Poor Eagle having to wait for his feed when there was no need - I would have been setting the phone lines aflame so can well understand your frustration.

Sending ((((HUGS)))) to you both.

naw Renee!! how frustrating for you!!! poor Eagle little man!! hugs and kisses to you precious boy!! we love you so much!!

and we love you Renee so much!!
default_wub.png

Thanks Cassie, Anna I sent 3 messages and called twice and he still hasn't answered and it is 11.15 am

I am going to call a different vet

gosh how absoloutly ANNOYING!!!! especially when yoru so concerned about poor Eagle! let us know how you go with the other vet Renee!! thinking of you n Eagle!! come on vet get your act together!! we want Eagle better!!

CHOP CHOP!! HURRY UP!

hubby just doesn't get it and made some very non horsey comments this morning when he came out on the balcony for a cigarette and caught me in the garden poking at Eagle's poop with a stick
laugh.gif

default_saludando.gif
yep my husbands the same not horsey at all thinks iam i nut sitting on the computer for hours

chatting horses

but i hope your little eagle gets better soon

YAY for elephant poo
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Diane,

You are just too sweet! We joined the forum last week. You probably missed it being a very busy lady
default_yes.gif
. We too are proud to call you our friend!!!

Sister Kristina

Thank you Sisters

I bought Eagle from Sister Laura who is a Christian orthodox cloister nun.( I hope that I have translated that correctly)
wub.gif
They breed Mini's and Alpaca's so Eagle will be very comforted to know that he has met some new friends who are praying for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry Eagle is having to wait on more test. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to you and sending more prayers to Eagle
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif
:pray The more prayers the better I always say. Keep us posted

Im so sorry you have to wait again, Renee! I am praying for Eagle!

You have translated it correctly!!! Just give Eagle a big hug from us and tell him to get well very soon !!!!

New vet should be coming today.
pray.gif
Eagle is driving me nuts, I put straw down in his stable last night as it has got really cold ( 40° at night compared to 75° during the day) and he has eaten loads of it and this morning he has diarrhea. I will have to try to spray it down so he stops eating.
closedeyes.gif

Good Luck and hope your vet figures out his problem.

Looking at your video he looks like you might have had

him on a diet.

Might be he is loosing weight too fast, watch he does not get a falling crest.

Alfalfa and beet pulp can put on weight.

The belly could mean needs higher protein in his supplements.

If you try to loose weight too fast and change of his diet could be part of the problem in his digestive system.

Have you noticed this blood more than once?

Hope all turns out OK with him, and sending prayers your way...

I am going to take him this week to be weighed as I am not really sure what he weighs. I feed him 13.8% pellets with beet twice a day and hay twice a day. his back is fat and he has a huge belly. His neck flopped over last year when his health problems started. He lost a lot of weight even though he was on grass with the other horses who were all fine. Nothing had changed and he had been with the same horses for several years. I had blood test done and he was put on a special diet. He seemed to get better until about a month ago. I took him off grass and brought him to the stable behind the house that has a small pen around it so I can control what he eats better. Since he has been here he has got even fatter. I am at a total lose as to what to do with him.

I took these at the weekend.

The first photo was after I cleaned him. Sorry he is dirty but it hasn't rained for months here.

Latest posts

Back