Driving Me Buggy 2019 Hours!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved the video. Every time you got into the mud and I could hear his squishy hoof beats in it, the captioning said "Applause" :)

Oh my gosh! I LOVE this!!! It seems very appropriate :) I was grinning like crazy and laughing my butt off as we cantered through the mud!

My little guy was a roadster and was stressed out and unhappy with his bit when I got him. Was always rushing to get relief and had been passed around by several owners. Long story, but he has been re-trained and is now living the good life using a Bowman UTR bit. (Ultimate tounge relief) plus the bit lifter offers a little relief too.

I don't know what all happened to him but he is now the sweetest guy and so light in the mouth....really fun to drive.

Spring-like weather was here today (and maybe tomorrow also). I had a nice relaxing drive with the old fart.

Sundance Kid
45 mins

Attachments

• 5BEEA240-1DDE-4A5D-8048-C51BCC568EB1.jpeg
    5BEEA240-1DDE-4A5D-8048-C51BCC568EB1.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 4
20 minutes ground driving today (thanks MC!). He was a good boy and started to reach for the bit and take contact. This is where we left off last Fall. He was a little more limber today and warmed up quickly. The first few times I worked with him this month he was stiff (he has those "mini stifles") so I'd have to warm him up slowly. I should've done his stretching exercises all winter, but I stopped in Jan because it was so cold. My bad :(

Whew.... you guys are driving some miles as the winter dissolves into spring! I love getting caught up on all the time spent driving and the driving adventures. This years "Driving Hours" thread is full of pictures and it's really fun to see.

I am trying to connive a way to get my minis home ASAP! Hours are caught up :)

What stretching exercises where you doing with him? Clementine has one moody stifle as well. I always ground drive her at a walk before hitching her even though she wants to trot. If not that thing is clicky and angry.

Let us know how the ultrasound goes.

Usually I do his stretching exercises after I work him when he is warmed up but I have done them before work. It is kinda hard to explain but I will try. I stand at his hip, facing his tail and pick up his hoof like I was going to clean it, I then grasp the toe in my hand and gently guide the foot forward and down (not outward to the side, but forward and underneath as if they were taking a big step). Gravity does all the work, you don't push or pull, just guide slow. The horse will do the work. He gets to a certain point and I slip my hand out from under his foot before he gets to the ground and steps :p on my fingers (he has!)
This is supposed to stretch the hamstrings but it seems to help his stifle too. At first he could barely stretch but he is getting better. He is generally tight through his whole heiney so we do what we can to keep him loose.
Massage helps him, too. Wish I got as much pampering as he does :cool:

I do that stretch with all my horses. I was told it was good for the stifle. When Dapper Dan is having trouble, he cannot get his hind leg all the way under him at first, but after a few days he can do it. It's so funny to do this stretch with Dapper Dan, who is 32", and with one that is 36"! The legs are so much longer.

SPRING is finally arrived in Switzerland too! :D I was driving a lot the last two weeks:

3/15: 30 minutes for Moony
3/17: 60 minutes for the team Teddy/Massai
3/19: 20 minutes for Massai
3/21: 30 minutes for Teddy
3/22: 30 minutes for the team Teddy/Massai/Moony
3/23: 40 minutes again for the 3-in-hand-team
3/24: 50 minutes for the team Teddy/Massai
3/26: 20 minutes for Moony
3/29: 30 minutes for the team Teddy/Massai/Moony
3/30: 30 minutes for Massai, 30 minutes for the team Teddy/Massai/Moony
3/31: 60 minutes for Moony, 70 minutes TANDEM with the team Teddy/Massai

GROUND DRIVING: