Driving Me Buggy 2019 Hours!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There it is folks, February's driving minutes are in the books. I did end up going south but it had and was raining so much that the arena was a pond and the entire property was a mud puddle. No fun for hitching in. Hubby did drive the Fjord a bit while I baked a cake with my niece though. He's tougher than I am ;)

I'd pass up a drive for a slice of cake.

I had Peanut out today for 40 minutes total. 20 ground driving and 20 driving.
Thanks!
There it is folks, February's driving minutes are in the books. I did end up going south but it had and was raining so much that the arena was a pond and the entire property was a mud puddle. No fun for hitching in. Hubby did drive the Fjord a bit while I baked a cake with my niece though. He's tougher than I am ;)

Thanks MajorClementine! I've a few minutes I can add to February:

2/27: 30 minutes for Teddy
2/28: 30 minutes for the team Massai/Moony

and for March:
3/2: 30 minutes for Teddy, 60 minutes for Moony
3/3: 40 minutes for Teddy

Zorro drove in the cart for 30 minutes today and then we did 90 minutes of ground driving! He is out of shape so I can't expect him to haul me very far right now. And we still have lots of snow!

We did manage to get the easy entry cart balanced perfectly for him.
beforecart.jpg
You can see the seat is tipping back. That just means I need to adjust the shafts to be a bit longer on the bottom there. Then this happens:
cartafter.jpg
It's level as can be. The bubble of the level was right in the middle ;) I love the new shafts and my suspension kit! There is too much snow for this cart but we did have fun going up and down the road a bit. It was slick and the snow was deep in parts so we kept that part short.

But our walk was pretty!
zorrononourwalkmountains.jpg
zorroonourwalkwiththemountains.jpg

3/5: 30 minutes for Moony
3/8: 30 minutes for Moony, 50 minutes for the team Teddy/Massai
3/9: 30 minutes for Teddy
3/10: 30 minutes for Moony, 60 minutes for the team Teddy/Massai

We had kind of springtime last week! Warm, but rainy and stormy.

Drove Zorro in the sled today - 80 minutes!
As of today our snow is gone :-(. I only used my sled about eight times this winter as we had lots of ice along with snow. I am looking forward to getting the cart out but now we have "mud season" to get through.
When does Spring come to Montana?

As of today our snow is gone :-(. I only used my sled about eight times this winter as we had lots of ice along with snow. I am looking forward to getting the cart out but now we have "mud season" to get through.
When does Spring come to Montana?

That is really hard to say. We have literally FEET of snow still and I doubt it will all be melted until the end of June beginning of July.

This is my driveway right now...
drivewaymarch2019.jpg

We have been below zero so much in February and March and it just kept snowing and snowing. But it is supposed to warm up this weekend and next week. Yesterday we were sitting at 28 degrees and we were all sweating! LOL! It seemed so hot. Next week we'll be in the 40's! Whoot whoot!

Did hardly any driving last year and haven't gotten out this year. I'm itching to go! I did do about 20 minutes of ground driving with May a couple weeks ago, but either she's gotta loose some weight (def needs to haha) or I gotta get some bigger harness parts for her before I can really do anything.

Zorro and I had a FANTASTIC drive with the bike today! We crossed water and met a neighbor on the road so he had to stand quietly while we visited. She was riding her rodeo horse who was a bit nervous and fidgety, but Zorro stood perfectly the entire time. When she left Zorro got a bit antsy, but settled when I asked and we had a nice walk some of the way home and then he trotted nice and relaxed when the road wasn't too slick.

As for the water. There were HUGE mud puddles in the road. Most of the time the ponies do NOT want to walk in them. I never make a bit deal about it because at some point they will have to when the puddle takes up the entire road. But not Zorro. He made a beeline for the mud puddles and walked straight into them. No hesitation at all! And he drank from them as well. I loved to see that because when we do our big group drives this spring, summer and fall there are often water crossings and it's such a huge bonus if the horses will drink from the creeks or lakes or puddles. Last year Sky really struggled with this BUT she did over come her intense fear of water after a few drives. I'm so happy that Zorro doesn't have a fear so far!

Zorro did 80 minutes of driving today :)
zorrodrinkingfrompuddle.jpg

Good thing he didn't decide to have a nice roll in the puddle :D . I have one that thinks about it. Fortunately it has never progressed much passed thinking about it. Once or twice I've caught him sort of starting to lower himself :eek:.​

Latest posts

Back