Driving Me Buggy 2019 Hours!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3749.jpg 90 minutes ground driving Zorro today with one line. He was wonderful mixed with a bit of crazy. He can't be perfect every day ;) I'm very excited to be heading to a driving clinic this weekend! We have been trying to get over there for 4 months!! With the new horse trailer the weather can't hold us back any longer... whoot whoot!

We had a blast at the clinic! Can we share the minutes from that or is that not allowed?

That looked like lots of fun! I have a hard time with the marathon courses. My mind just can't process it for some reason (perhaps because I have a hard time telling left from right) Cones I can remember OK, but not the obstacle (barrel) part, I just get completely lost o_O. It's really bad, lol.
Zorro scoots nicely right around those turns, doesn't he? Good boy!

I’m a little late to the party but I have been keeping track of our drives...Coady and I are at 180 minutes for the year, all in the awesome Hyperbike! Now that the weather in PA finally seems like it is leveling out I hope to start getting serious...it’s time for he and I to get some miles under our belt. Mindy, that clinic looked like so much fun, and Zorro never ceases to amaze! He’s such an awesome little trooper!

Attachments

• 0960BAAE-37CD-4EE8-84D0-ED93D7E50DB7.jpeg
    0960BAAE-37CD-4EE8-84D0-ED93D7E50DB7.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 2
This sounds amazing, Mindy! I've had a few driving lessons and clinics the last years, but never with my own ponies. Hopefully we will do this soon. I will have a look next weekend on a drivers training in a driving school. Maybe it will be an option for us to start visiting trainings there.

But, we've had an awesome driving weekend on our own!

4/2: 40 minutes for Teddy
4/5: 20 minutes for the team Teddy/Massai/Moony
4/6: 30 minutes for Teddy, 20 minutes for Massai and 70 minutes for Moony
4/7: 70 minutes for the team Massai/Moony/Teddy

I noticed we got faster than last year... We needed 40 minutes last year for a route we now make in 20 :) I need some new routes soon! But there's a lot of traffic around us.

It's raining :(.
Snow tonight.
Then,
Rain
Rain
Rain.
No driving in the foreseeable future.
I agree with Peggy that this is the longest winter ever.

Opened my eyes this morning and couldn't figure out why everything was so darn BRIGHT! I was getting ready to google this heavenly phenomenon when I realized it was the SUN! :p

I tossed the harness on Peanut and we had a great walk, worked on some stretching and once he warmed up practiced having him "follow through" with his hindquarters when turning. It was a nice, peaceful morning.

30 minutes for Peanut. Thank you MC :)

Latest posts

Back