Dreamers post surgery

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy tears...this has been quite the emotional roller coaster. Once again the tough little girl hangs in.
default_yes.gif

Lots of happy tears from me as I type this. I have been checking every half hour for an update. Thanks God - prayers answered once again and prayers continuing for a speedy recovery from this set back so that she can be home with you soon. Little Dreamer - you are one very special mare. What a big heart and will to live you have.

Drive carefully as you go to see her. I know you would like to blink and be there. Please give her a hug from me. I'll be waiting for your next update.

Barbie

I've been following Dreamer's story. What a roller coaster!

We're praying for a good recovery w/ no more set backs.

How emotionally drained you must be.

Best wishes!
default_wub.png

Oh wow, what a wild ride this has been! I'm SO glad to hear that Dreamer is recovering from the impaction after her great start at recovering from her surgery. Keeping all of you in my prayers!

Thank God she is Ok. I prayed all night that the vets would be able to clear her. Impaction is a common side effect of anesthesia in horses. Thank God she was still at the vets were she received 24/7 care. Prayers still with Dreamer to carry her through this test of her will to live. Go little girl Go!!!

God bless,

Mary

Theresa ,

I was afraid to read this - I am so thankful that the news is good and that Dreamer is back fighting to live.

Lots of HUGS and PRAYERS for you, for Art and especially for precious Dreamer!!

She is indeed a special little mare and through this wonderful LB Forum - so many people have come to look for info about Dreamer. She is truly a little miracle mare - the outporing of love and support for each other during difficult times make me proud to be a mini horse owner and proud to be a Lil' Beginnings member!!

I've been following Dreamer's story. What a roller coaster!

We're praying for a good recovery w/ no more set backs.

How emotionally drained you must be.

Best wishes!
default_wub.png
Ditto!
default_aktion033.gif

OMG, I was afraid to keep reading this.... and once again, your post brought me to tears.. I am so happy she is doing better. I hope she keeps improving with NO setbacks...

Do they think she just wasn't drinking enough?? Got dehydrated and impacted?? Maybe take her some soaked beet pulp as a treat? That is good to keep the gut moving.. and add some moisture..??

Most of my mares foal at about 335 days and some even earlier, so keep an eye on your other girl. I bet they miss Dreamer too.

As I was up all night watching my mares, I was praying HARD for Dreamer and sending her my best healing thoughts. Thank you so much for the email Theresa! I had happy tears!!!!

Oh thank God! And I'm glad you're going to see her! I was saying that last night.

I can't wait to hear how your visit went!

You need to drop by again when you can........
default_wink.png
default_yes.gif

I am sooo glad that at least this update is good I will once again ask God to hold you Art and Dreamer in his hands and help you all through this with successful results. It feels like she is our horse with the emotional ups and downs. I told my hubby when I read your post about the impaction to him that Dreamer needs Theresa its been too long. Now she will have you and will again have the will to keep trying. I wish you could stay up there with her. Love is powerful medicine. Continued prayers from Maine for you and your little girl.

When I read your update, first I got chills and then tears of joy. I am so happy that Dreamer is up and looking for her Mom. I know she misses you Theresa. Continues thoughts and prayers for Dreamer and her human Mom & Dad.

Yeah! I was scared to read... but SO GLAD it was GOOD news! Continued prayers for a continued recovery!

Jessi

We are back....Sigh....She is doing ok, she is very weak. She has been thru alot. We spent all aftenoon with her. Her spirits are very high. She has not passed all of the impaction yet, but the vet thinks she will. She is getting bran mash and beet pulp... and drinking lots of water!!! He said the impaction is moving, so that in itself is good news! He said not to even ask when she will come home
default_no.gif
, to soon to tell. But she is in excellent care there. Seeing us did help her, we got her to eat some yummy mash. We will be going back tomorrow and spend as much time as they will let us.. Sorry no pics this time. We will take some tomorrow. Thank you to all who pray for her and ask about her....Theresa and Art

So glad she is improving. I am sure seeing you helped her a lot. I'm praying for continued improvement. Please try and get some rest tonight so you are ready to pick up her spirits tomorrow.

Barbie

Last edited by a moderator:
Here I was, reading through the posts anxiously awaiting the one that described Dreamers return home.

Then.......Oh NO! Impaction colic? Why? Why? After that, like others said, I was afraid to continue reading. But, once again, Dreamer has shown us what a little fighter she is.

I'm sooo glad she's passing the impaction and seems to be on the road to recovery once again. Thank you SO much for letting us share this time in life. Prayers will continue as long as we know Dreamer needs them.

Continued prayers for you Art and Dreamer. Oh and for a successful foaling for MIranda too. Hang in there I know it must be so very hard. Im sure she will be looking for you tomorrow saying OK whens mom and dad coming. So glad she got some time with you it will make a difference I just know it will. Thank you for updating us when you have to be soooo exhausted.

Latest posts

Back