Dreamers post surgery

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

So Glad Dreamer is doing good!

Hi Rita,

I was lucky to meet Rita at the Central Championship Show in 05!

Bill

Hi Bill and Robin
default_saludando.gif
and of course Theresa, Art, and Theresa's mom. It was so good to meet them.
default_aktion033.gif
What a nice, loving family. Dreamer sure did look wonderful, after all she's been through. I am so happy for all of them. I do hope she gets to come home soon.

My little mare Dede was so fortunate that I got her there quickly enough not to cause any damage to her, we think. Am very lucky to get to bring her home so quickly. The beautiful black pinto filly was in a sitting dog position - supposedly the hardest dystocia to re-position unless under general anesthesia. She's been such a wonderful broodmare, 15 years old and this would have been her tenth baby. I need to start a new thread, instead of hijacking this one, but I'm so tired. Just got in from delivering my 4th live foal for the week/year, and may have 4 more this week.

Anyway, Theresa, take care and was so good to visit with you yesterday.

Rita

Oh this is a much easier thread to read!! I was always afraid to read the other one...
default_wub.png

Great pics. I will look again when my tears clear up. LOL! Thanks for posting the update.

I know she will do great. How can she not with all that love around her??? Hugs!

So happy for you and Dreamer. She'll recover soon enough with everyone there to love her.
default_aktion033.gif
Great news and the pictures say it all.
default_wub.png

Great news sooooooo glad she is doing well
default_smile.png
by the pictures she looks good. Will keep praying for a speedy recovery...
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png

Oh Theresa and Art, I am so happy for all of you! The pix were great! Thanks for sharing some of your precious time with Dreamer...

She looks really good! Keep us posted this week on hows shes doing and I will be waiting to see pix of her after she comes home next week..

(((HUGS))

Missy

My goodness what a roller coaster this has been but what a wonderful ending! Glad things are looking up and one can see the love you both have for this wonderful little mare. Lavonne

That is absolutely fantastic news! I am so happy to hear that she is now on the road to recovery. The pictures are wonderful and brought tears to my eyes. I will be keeping her in my prayers.

Tammie~

Wow, she DOES look really good, despite what she has been through. This is SO awesome!! Marty, love what you did with the photo, LOL

That is great, thanks for sharing the pics... sounds like it was a good day for all!! Keep us posted. You guys are so caring- needs to be more in the world like you guys!!

What wonderful pictures, thank you for sharing them with us
default_wub.png

What a blessing she is doing so well, we will continue to pray for Dreamers recovery!
default_smile.png

default_saludando.gif
I waited and kept checking for an update on your trip to see Dreamer, then I lost my internet until now..
default_no.gif
I am so glad that she is doing good, and thanks for the picutres.. Pictures are worth a thousand words-- Seeing you two together, wow!!
default_wub.png
She will remain in my prayers until she is completely recovered!!!
default_yes.gif
default_wink.png

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures of Dreamer! Again, I hope when things settle down, you will be able to take all of the photos and different pieces that you have written and have someone publish them for you. I'm an elementary school teacher and have read thousands of children's books. You have a a very special story to share. There is potential to publish it several different ways and in different formats that would be lovely. I have a couple of friends that I could refer you to to help you get something going. I know you are dealing with a ton right now...just an idea to file away for later. Your family and Dreamer continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Best wishes, take care, and we are thrilled for Dreamer!
default_aktion033.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
~ Becky

Hi Rockinr,

I followed your story... I'm verry happy to see that mom is ok now, it has been a hard time for you all!

Take good care of her, she will need it!!

Wishing you goodluck for the future!!!

Hi Theresa hoping this finds Dreamer recovering well and you getting some well needed rest.

I was wondering what surgical procedure they ended up doing to fix Dreamers injury. I think this would be good info to have just in case something like this ever happens to someone else. I know it is very possible and I was thinking the average vet might recommend to put an animal down under the circumstances. Having the knowledge of what they did for Dreamer would be a plus.

Thanks so much,

Still many prayers coming your way for the speedy recovery of your beloved Dreamer.

Mary

Theresa-

Hope Dreamer has had a couple of great days since your visit. I know you can't wait to have her home again.

I just received a phone call yesterday telling me my Dawn (now 3, born with dislocated hip, fractured femur, surgery @ 4 1/2 days) had been bred. I'm excited, but scared too. All I know is the surgeons gave my girl a clean bill of health and said go for it.

Can't wait till Dreamer is 100% again.

Barbie

I was wondering what surgical procedure they ended up doing to fix Dreamers injury. I think this would be good info to have just in case something like this ever happens to someone else. I know it is very possible and I was thinking the average vet might recommend to put an animal down under the circumstances. Having the knowledge of what they did for Dreamer would be a plus.

Thanks so much,

Still many prayers coming your way for the speedy recovery of your beloved Dreamer.

Mary
The surgeons removed her hip ball. approx. 2-1/2" in length, so she will hobble some on her right back leg. Since a horse does not have a hip "socket" just like a small bowl "cup your hand and that is what the hip ball rests in" attached by "tendons and ligaments". In time it will form a false cup for the hip to rest in. From my understanding most vets will recommend putting the horse down. But Dreamer was fortunate enough to have soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people love her and want to see her live a long life. And that she will!! There are other alternatives like: **pin the hip in place which causes severe arthritis is a few years and would have to remove the hip ball anyway. ** leave it as it is and hope it will heal as best it can, this was not an option for her as the ball was under the pelvic?! or **remove the ball. Which was the only option for Dreamer. Somewhere on the original thread I posted a pic of her x-ray. I would be happy to answer any questions that I possibly can. I can't speculate on anything because I only know what was best for Dreamer and I am still asorbing everything that has happened to her. Thanks for asking and keeping her in your prayers....Dreamer, Art and Theresa

It all seems miraculous to me that so much can be done for these horses that years ago wasnt even possible.Continued prayers for Dreamer's recovery and trip home and beyond.

Thank you Theresa for sharing what they did for Dreamer in the way of repairing her hip. I think this is a realistic choice for this type of injury. I hope if people are armed with this kind of knowledge there will be more of these life saving procedures performed on our awesome equine breed. We are very lucky in that our breed is small enough to be able to utilize these types of procedures to save a life unlike the larger breeds that are difficult to manage the recovery phase due to there size.

Thanks again and sure hope Dreamer comes home this weekend it sounds like her recovery is progressing really well.Thanks for the pics and the one of Rita she is the breeder of the sire of one of my horses that of course I just love to pieces.

Mary

Latest posts

Back