Dreamers post surgery

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so happy to hear she came through surgery well!! Such wonderful news! I bet you can;t wait to get her home again. That is quite the incision there!

Rita...nice to "meet you" and to be able to put a face with your name!
default_yes.gif

It's been a couple of days since anything has been posted on Dreamer. I sure hope she is progressing rapidly and is going to be coming home this weekend. Has anyone heard anything?

Barbie

Theresa will be here in an hour. I'm dying to ask her myself!
default_yes.gif

Dreamer comes home tomorrow! WHOOO HOOO!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Oh I'm so happy - please give Theresa a hug from me - I am so excited - you would think she is mine. Looking forward to seeing pictures - hope she'll be back on the camera for a while. WHOO WHOO is right!!!!!

Barbie

Last edited by a moderator:
Im so happy she will be back home soon cant wait to hear the good news from Theresa and Art. Continued prayers for continued good health.

Very bad news.

As Theresa was coming up my drive she was on the phone with the vet. Seems Dreamer was down last night with colic and the tech worked on her. Finally at 2 AM the tech called the vet and they say she is impacted really bad and for Theresa & Art to not come get her now. And they didn't tell Theresa until 5:30 PM today that she was down. She can't/won't get up and is in a lot of pain. Poor Dreamer. She won't eat either.

Poor Theresa cried. I hugged her and felt so helpless. She asked me to post this as she's not up to it right now. Her heart is crushed. They hope to go up there to visit Dreamer tomorrow or Sunday.

PRAYERS ARE NEEDED PLEASE!!!!

Robin

OH GOD!!!! PLease protect Dreamer!!!!!! Everybody PRAY PLEASE!!!!

Robin

Oh I am so sorry to hear that! I was also getting excited for her to come home, now colic, bummer!

Please keep us updated on her, I will be worrying..

Missy

OMG - poor Dreamer, Theresa and Art. Prayers heading that way. Please God, make her well - she has been through so much as has been such a trooper. I hope she'll be ok. I wonder if she has been eating her normal diet - poor baby.

Praying for good news!

Barbie

NOOOOOO Please God after all this hold Dreamer in your hand and make this just a hurdle in her recovery one she can overcome. Prayers also for Theresa and Art that they are able to make the trip and visit and lift Dreamers will. Please let this little mare continue with her progress.

Very bad news.

As Theresa was coming up my drive she was on the phone with the vet. Seems Dreamer was down last night with colic and the tech worked on her. Finally at 2 AM the tech called the vet and they say she is impacted really bad and for Theresa & Art to not come get her now. And they didn't tell Theresa until 5:30 PM today that she was down. She can't/won't get up and is in a lot of pain. Poor Dreamer. She won't eat either.

Poor Theresa cried. I hugged her and felt so helpless. She asked me to post this as she's not up to it right now. Her heart is crushed. They hope to go up there to visit Dreamer tomorrow or Sunday.

PRAYERS ARE NEEDED PLEASE!!!!

Robin
Thank you REO for posting this for me...You have been a rock for Art and I beiing so close to help us. Once again we are numbb, but this time we know what is wrong with her. She is getting arouund the clock care so we don't worry about her carer, we worry about her having enough strength to pull thru an impaction after all that she has already gone thru. At 530pm vet said she was dehydrated, not eatinng, or getting to her feet. He said it is bad but, not to the point of no return yet! See could go either way. I am still waiting for the vet call me, but he said it could be morning before he doees. I guess no news is good news? I just can't seem to stop crying for her, sooo fare away from us, I know she is frighteend and dosent understamd what and why this is happennig to her. So just once moree I ask, please pray for "OUR" Dreamer..
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif

default_no.gif
I have been following Dreamers recovery and am so sorry to hear about the colic. She has been such a fighter so I hope that her will to live and everyones prayers will see her through this crisis. God Bless!

Theresa, Art, and Dreamer our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you from Washington State. We will continue to check in until she is home, please keep us posted when able....Many Hugs!
default_ohnoes.jpg
default_pray.gif
~ Becky

Oh no!
default_sad.png
After all she's been through, she just HAS to get better!!!

Jessi

default_no.gif
Oh no!!! I was just reading this thinking Dreamer will be on her way home this weekend. I am so sorry that this has happened. I'm sending lots of prayers for her. Please keep us posted.

Theresa-Hoping for good news this morning. Hopefully she is a little better and you and Art can go see her and give her a hug. This poor little mare has gone through so much. Come on Dreamer, one more time, please be strong. Theresa, hugs to you and Art.

I'm praying for a good update.

Barbie

I'm so sorry to read this, I'm sending prayers your way for a full recovery. Kathy

default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
After all this poor mare has been through please let this pass so she can continue to heal and return home safely to her loving family. Theresa and Art, I still pray for you all daily.
default_yes.gif

Oh, Theresa, I'm so sorry to hear of Dreamer's setback. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you all.

Rita

The phone rang at 330am. Between Art, myself, and three dogs in the bed WE ALL ended up in a true dog pile in the middle of the bedroom floor trying to get to the phone! :DOH! NOTE: (There were no dogs hurt in the answering of the phone, I got a bump on the head, and Art got a paw in the mouth), true story! Sorry, I am just trying to keep on the bright side of this....Anyways, I answer the phone... Hello??? Is Chris there??? HUH?? Is Chris there???...You have got to be kidding me, DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS???? Yes, Can I talk to Chris?? You have the wrong number! Are you sure, this is the number he gave me? Why would he give me a wrong number? I hung up!!! The vet has not called yet. I never did go back to sleep, so I watched Miranda on the tv, she is due by May 12th (342 days). As soon as we can get her cam up she will be on Wefoal. We have been sooooooo asorbed by Dreamer that we have only kept one eye on Miranda, we need to pay more attention to her, this is her first foal with us, she has had 2 foals with her previous owner. I am sorry to be rattling and rambling on like this. As soon as the vet calls I will post as to her condition this am...If I don't hear from him by 10am, I am going to call.

UPDATE:::: The vet called as I post this...It is with a very FULL HEART to tell you, Dreamer has pulled thru the impaction!!!!!!!!! She has not passed all of it, but she is UP!!!, has GOOD gut sounds, Drinking LOTS OF WATER, and her ears are up!!!! Vet said once again, when she hears a female voice, she is looking for me!!! ME!!! After all that she has been thru, she is weak. He thinks it is a very nessasary that I come and see her. I called Art he is on his way home from work, so as soon as he gets here we are leaving to go and see her. Then we will go back tomorrow. THANK YOU....THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!!! FOR ALL WHO PRAYED FOR HER LAST NIGHT! OH I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!

Latest posts

Back