Does Hardship still exist?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aBreeze

Reaction score
I have a 37" or 38" 4 year old mare that is out of grade stock... are there any options available to us? I haven't found anything on hardship registry still being available. I did hear a little bit about PtHA starting a "breeding stock" registry so noncolored horses can show and earn points... my girl doesn't have a speck of white on her so it seems a little ironic that I'll have to look into a pinto registry over a miniature horse one.

Educate me!

My very unfit little mare...

IMG_2128.jpg

To the best of my knowledge AMHR no longer offers hardshipping unless the horse is already AMHA registered. AMHA does hardship I believe (hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong) but only up to 34.00" tall. As far as pinto I am not sure what there requirements are either.

Very pretty mare you have though
default_smile.png

She is a very pretty mare! And a SHAME that AMHR won't recognize her
default_no.gif
AMHR does not do true hardships anymore.

You can go with WCMHR hardship for open shows, but many don't like them.

I'm sorry there isn't much more for you.
default_sad.png

I have a 37" or 38" 4 year old mare that is out of grade stock... are there any options available to us? I haven't found anything on hardship registry still being available. I did hear a little bit about PtHA starting a "breeding stock" registry so noncolored horses can show and earn points... my girl doesn't have a speck of white on her so it seems a little ironic that I'll have to look into a pinto registry over a miniature horse one.

Educate me!

My very unfit little mare...

IMG_2128.jpg
If she's unfit, then I'll take 10 of those in my pasture, cause she's more fit than many I've seen and I few I already own. She's very pretty.

I know little about the Pinto association, but I thought that the breeding stock division was for solids out of known pinto parents (and, perhaps even only out of already registered pinto assoc horses). But, I just don't know, there are a couple on this board that have PtHA registered horses, so they might know and chime in.

If she's unfit, then I'll take 10 of those in my pasture, cause she's more fit than many I've seen and I few I already own. She's very pretty.

I know little about the Pinto association, but I thought that the breeding stock division was for solids out of known pinto parents (and, perhaps even only out of already registered pinto assoc horses). But, I just don't know, there are a couple on this board that have PtHA registered horses, so they might know and chime in.
I havent seriously looked into PtHA, word of mouth made it seem like it was an open registry however your right. It probably is just for horses with a PtHA pedigree'd horse.

I am so frustrated. I would like to be able to get her in a program that means something, however my options so far have been zip. It just makes me more angry when people dont register their animals when they have the opportunity.

As for her figure... she holds an ideal weight very easily. Its muscle that doesnt come naturally to her. lol

If anyone has any other idea's please, do share!

Back