Do you know my mini?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We have one miniature horse amongst our 7 Morgans, he is 22 years old, one eyed, no-butted, straight shouldered and big headed. I hold no illusions about him, but he is one of my most treasured horses! We picked him up at a yard sale in Cali. years ago and brought him here to Texas. He is devine with children, kitties, dogs, everyone. I have only sketchy info about his past, I did contact his breeder, but they didn't remember him
sad.gif
. His registered name is "Bears Sho Gun No. One" and his number is A26610, apparently he did sire some foals way back when and I wonder if any of you may know of his progeny or if he were shown? It's just a matter of curiosity, he is at his forever home, and the mini type has improved to the point where he would no longer be "breeding material". So, if he is in your pedigree, or you have knowledge of his life and travels, I would be very excited to hear about it. Thank you.

I don't know your horse, but I wanted to say, welcome to the forum!
default_saludando.gif

I'm glad you got him at the yard sale and have given him a loving home! There's *something* about minis!

Welcome to the Forum.
default_smile.png

Here's his info from the AMHA Studbook.

BEARS SHO GUN NO. ONE

NAME REG. NO FOAL DATE S CL BT ST HT

BEARS SHO GUN NO. ONE A 26610 04/16/1988 S SBR - - 31.000

SIRE PINE MEADOW IIS NOVEMBER BLUE R 03251P SPA - DC 29.500

DAM SHENA A 11634 SBK - - 33.500

BRDR RALPH BEAR

OWNR VICKIE L. SOEJOTO

FOAL(S)

[Top]

FOAL KAY BEES CHAMP A 48235 06/18/1992 S SCR - RV 00.000

PARENT 4 GS HEMLOCK BROOK BLOND BEAUTY

FOAL KAY BEES TIPPET A 38855 05/20/1991 S PBR - RV 00.000

PARENT KAY BEES PRINCESS

FOAL KAYBEES GOLDEN BEAUTY A 38854 05/16/1991 M SPA - RV 00.000

PARENT KAY BEES DUTCHESS

FOAL SIMMONS CHARLIE A 39209 04/18/1991 S SGR - RV 00.000

PARENT EAST ACRES OPAL

TOTAL 4 Foal(s)

Maybe somebody has more knowledge of him or his foals.

Welcome!

It sounds as if your fellow's heart is more valuable than his papers..........May he continue his wonderful legacy! (We have a gelding like that as well.)

I don't know your horse, but I wanted to say, welcome to the forum!
saludando.gif

I'm glad you got him at the yard sale and have given him a loving home! There's *something* about minis!

Thank you, glad to be here, I've never participated in a forum before. Hope I am putting this in the right place!

Welcome to the Forum.
smile.gif

Here's his info from the AMHA Studbook.

BEARS SHO GUN NO. ONE

BEARS SHO GUN NO. ONE A 26610 04/16/1988 S SBR - - 31.000

SIRE PINE MEADOW IIS NOVEMBER BLUE R 03251P SPA - DC 29.500

DAM SHENA A 11634 SBK - - 33.500

BRDR RALPH BEAR

OWNR VICKIE L. SOEJOTO

FOAL(S)

[Top]

FOAL KAY BEES CHAMP A 48235 06/18/1992 S SCR - RV 00.000

PARENT 4 GS HEMLOCK BROOK BLOND BEAUTY

FOAL KAY BEES TIPPET A 38855 05/20/1991 S PBR - RV 00.000

PARENT KAY BEES PRINCESS

FOAL KAYBEES GOLDEN BEAUTY A 38854 05/16/1991 M SPA - RV 00.000

PARENT KAY BEES DUTCHESS

FOAL SIMMONS CHARLIE A 39209 04/18/1991 S SGR - RV 00.000

PARENT EAST ACRES OPAL

TOTAL 4 Foal(s)

Maybe somebody has more knowledge of him or his foals.

Oh wow! 4 babies! I had seen the Simmons name on "all breed pedigree". Thank you

Welcome!

It sounds as if your fellow's heart is more valuable than his papers..........May he continue his wonderful legacy! (We have a gelding like that as well.)

Thank you, he is so neat! He can pull a cart and will let small children ride him bareback (only under 40 lbs and with me leading, perhaps because we have larger horses I feel quite protective of him). The former owner took him to nursing homes at Christmas dressed in santa gear, he is so polite and gentle. He is still a stallion though, he just never seemed to need to be gelded, no biting, kicking or rank behavior in all these years. He has sure won a lot of people over to minis.

I don't know your horse, but wanted to say welcome from Sunny Southern California!!!

Liz R.

Thank you for making my day!

Your little guy sounds like such a sweetheart! Others may have the desired looks, but your little stallion's personality is what it's all about.

I hope you stick around and share more stories about him.

I know his breeder well and think very highly of the Bears. I have several Bear Farms horses each of which I cherish deeply. None of mine are from the same bloodlines as yours though.

If you're interested in looking, there is a link to my website in my signature and a link to Bear Farms at the bottom of my home page.

Welcome to the forum.

Yep looks like the breeder was Ralph Bear and they are still very respectable miniature breeders, etc. They have a very nice website Bear Farms, located in Shawnee, Kansas. Both Ralph and Shirley are very nice and would probably share all they know with you - just send them an e-mail (which you can get off their website)- maybe they'd even have photos!!!
default_yes.gif

he sounds like a real sweetheart , Id love to see pics Im sure hes much nicer than you describe lol!

Oh, thank you, everyone! Wow, that is a total of 22 registered foals! I never dreamed that there would be that many! Someone thought he was hot stuff at one time! I never recieved any other registration papers with him, only AMHA, I am his registered owner through them. I did contact the Bears and they did not remember him, other than to say he must have been one of their earlier breedings. I will try to put some pics of him on my profile, but I think most of mine have too many "bytes". Oh, this is very exciting! So many babies! Again, thanks to you all.

Latest posts

Back