Divorce and MY horses, thank you all

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a JERK! Im sorry he had your hopes up.
default_unsure.png
My thoughts are with you and your horses!
default_saludando.gif

Oh so sorry
default_no.gif

I really believe, what goes around comes around
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing today.

Court tomorrow at 1pm

Can't answer some of the questions and others just shouldn't be said for the world to see, for now.

Thank you again so much for your support, it is truly appreciated.

Only one more sleepless night, right?

What a scum ball. He had better look over his shoulder often because what goes around comes around.

Someone, someday will pay him back. He should read up on doing GOOD deeds and how they are rewarded.

default_wub.png
Have been reading posts and realized that it was the 26th. Sending prayers from SC. Go in there strong with your head held high! Will be waiting with everyone else for the Good News!!!!!

Prayers for a good outcome today. Stay strong!!

Barbie

I am so sorry you are going through this, this is why all of my horses are in my name! But for my birthday I wish that you get to keep all of your horses!
default_wink.png
Hey its worth a shot.

I just found this thread, so I may be late with this advice.

I went through a divorce in 2006 and we were separated for 1.5 years before the divorce was final. Anyway, I decided to move out of state before the divorce was final. He had already moved to an apartment. Our house/horse property was going to have to be sold. I said I wanted to take the horses with me - none were ever registered in his name. His lawyer objected to the horses leaving the state. My lawyer was a horse person I had known for years and was a 'ball-buster'. When his lawyer objected, we simply said ok I'm moving anyway so my husband would have to take over all responsibility for the horses and find a place to board them. My lawyer and I even offered to take the horses over to the apartment and tie them to his door. We then went through the depreciated value of the horses (most high end ones were bought/owned by my parents and consequently weren't involved) and what the areas current board rates were (including training to keep their value up). My ex, who was reasonable throughout, told his lawyer that in no way did he want the responsibility/expense of the horses and that I could have them. I did sign away my rights to his 401k in exchange (which wasn't worth much).

Maybe some of this will help you with a tactic.

Sure hope your day went well.

When you have a moment please update us, if you would like to share.

I am sure you are tired, hope your day ended Ok for you.

Thinking of you in your time of need
default_pray.gif

Carolyn, I am hoping that the day went well for you.
default_please.gif
default_ohnoes.jpg

Sorry guys, have been mentally exhaused and came home and slept some.

Like every divorce in the world, there is no winner. To sit and listen to a man say in 10 seconds, you are no longer married, and you aren't, is some what hard to take. We worked to be married for ten years and weren't married in ten seconds, or so it seemed.

The hearing seemed to take forever. Several times back and forth on things not yet agreed to, some things not agreed upon at all, was decided for us.

But,,I was given the house, I can now offer my son stability. Was given my truck and the trailer. My tax return had been frozen, it is now only mine.

I was given all horses and all their tack/equipment. I am paying him no part for them, or for any of the above.

We did have 2 very large bills acquired when now ex was sick. I will have to pay half of both of those. I expected that but it is the only thing I owe him for.

If you know anything about me and my horses, you know what they mean to me,,,I love them all but especially Prints. For the beginning of her life I hand fed her every hour for days. Today I get home, the boys are lounging, as usual. The rest of the girls are playing in the lot, except for Prints. She is standing at the gate with her head peaking through. Not her. Get out of the truck and walk to the house, she walks down the fence line same direction as me.I go in the house and take care of the dogs, look out the window and Prints is in the same spot staring at the house. Again not her. So I head on out to see what's going on. The boys pop up, yeah supper time! Get their hay and grain, go to the girls side, put grain in pans and am ran over as usual, but Prints never moved. I walked over to her, knelt down and she walked around me, put her head on my shoulder just like she did as a baby, and just stood there. I shed a tear or two, ok, or 5 million, and I told her we were all going to be ok, giving her a kiss on the nose. She then pushed me over, pawed one time at my leg and ran and pushed Sam out of her feed bowl. She is the Queen and they all know she does what she wants.

Did she know? I can't say for sure, but what she did for me in that minute was exactly what I needed.

To all of you, and I mean each one of you, I can never thank you enough.

I'm happy and sad for you, big hugs.What would we do without our horses
default_wub.png
,I think some horses do know when we're sad. We're here for ya if you need us.

Carolyn,

What a huge load of stress - GONE. It sounds as if it went well for you. Did Prints "know"? You BETCHA she did!
default_wink.png

YAHOO!!!! I am so happy for you!!! You get to keep your horses. AWESOME NEWS!!!!

I'm so glad I shed a few tears too after I read the part about Prints.
default_smile.png
They know, those special ones know.

I feel so relieved for you! That is wonderful that you get to keep the house, truck, trailer, and HORSES free and clear. I'm sorry you are going through this tough time but at least this part has gone your way.

I have not posted before now, did not know exactly what to say. I could only imagine if it were me in your shoes and the possibility of losing my life as I know it. Couldn't think of any thing helpful. I have been keeping up with your story tho, and so glad things are not going to fall any more apart than they have. You get to keep your horses--Yeah! I know you are relieved this part is over. <<hugs>>

Oh as a tear is coming down my face, I would just love to say!

You go girl, and Bless you... I am truely happy for you and your horses.

Wish you the best, in years to come..& lots of ((((hugs))))

Do not know why this has happen but as we always say as one door closes another will open.

thanks for sharing
default_wub.png
and God Bless.

Sounds like things turned out pretty good. At least you got what meant somthing to you. It is sad that things can be over , just like that. It will take a while , but in the long run you will be better off. As far as the two bills, just pay on them when you can. I had a friend in kindof the same situation, and she was told as long as she made an effort to pay ( even a dollar a week) there wasnt anything they could do. Just do what you can, thats all you can do. I am happy for you, and will continue to think of you and your family.

Linda Killion

Latest posts

Back