Dinky Doo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She a darling she really is..loves all the attention shes getting now..still no teeth though (thankfully) as she loves to give you a scratch back
default_rolleyes.gif
she gums the grass and doesnt seem to have any problem with hay either!! where theres a will n all that i guess
default_smile.png
Iv bought her a pink diamonte head collar really cute and im going to start a little gentle work with her next week..just putting it on for a little while while i watch her and slowly progress to a lead rope
default_wacko.png
should be interesting to say the least
default_biggrin.png

Good luck! Playing with these babies can be so much fun - dont forget the pictures of little Dinky in her new headcollar, she's going to look so very cute!
default_yes.gif

oh Lindi where did you get the headcollar from? I can't find anywhere to get mini foal ones and your one sounds adorable!!!
default_wub.png

can't wait to see pics!

I got it from a tack shop close to me called snaffles..just the job for my cutie baby girl
default_wub.png

cant wait to see updated pictures of you little one with the new halter. Cams new "thing" it biting the back of my legs and he does have teeth!! He gently bites or nibbles when something feels good ...like a bum scratches....I cant tell if it tickles or hurts. I always thought Dinky was born a week before Cam.I thought Cam was a chunky monkey...now Im not so sure when I see Dinky.Is he stealing moms food yet?

They are so funny with theyr little naughty ways
default_smile.png
i still spend hours sat watching them
default_rolleyes.gif
..Dinky had a thing about kicking me last week she kept turning her rear end and aim fire lil minx it really hurt to as she was so quick and a fab shot..she seems to have stopped that now thankfully still turns her rear end without the kicks..just sits on your lap and loves a tickle..not eating mums food yet hasnt even tried..iv been watching so i can get her her own foal creep once she starts but she still has NO TEETH
default_unsure.png
she gums the grass and the hay lol without any problems
default_laugh.png
..its great being able to watch and listen to what Cam is up to as well theyr so much alike..wonder if they will turn out the same colour or totally different..watch this space eh lol..be so nice to watch them growing and changing
default_smile.png

Oh havnt managed to even get the headcollar close yet lol tried a few times but only to adjust it to the right size..always looks about right then it either slips off or its too tight..any advice on how to keep a crazy 2 week old foal still for more than a few seconds will be greatfully received
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL!! Lindy. You really need a second experienced person to help, someone to keep her still with ichies and scratchies while you pop the headcollar on. If they really know what they are doing then while scratching they could slip their arms around her an actually hold her, but be prepared for fireworks as soon as she realises she's 'restricted', and I say an experienced person to help as it is so important that they hold her safely and DONT LET GO (important lesson for her benefit - I cannot escape humans if they are holding me!) while taking care not to cut off her breathing with the arm that is supposed to be round her chest, but can slip up to round her neck (if you understand me!)

Cant wait for the pics - and I do know what you mean about the difficulty of getting the right fit, it always takes several tries and ajustments. LOL!!

Cant believe 3 weeks today my lil Dinky arrived in this world..some new pictures for you to see how shes really staring to fill out and believe me she has alot of attitude
default_yes.gif

Sorry about the widdle picture couldnt resist so cute

318838_2184006494187_1667744376_2246538_7647160_n.jpg

318838_2184006414185_1667744376_2246536_1413212_n.jpg

chasing the guinea fowl out the paddock

318838_2184006454186_1667744376_2246537_4140397_n.jpg

318838_2184006534188_1667744376_2246539_6558695_n.jpg

303644_2183980013525_1667744376_2246503_1261609_n.jpg

What a beauty! Love to see her curious and chasing the guinea. She looks like a sweety.

what beautiful color...much more vibrant and bright than Cam....hes alot lighter. Cam has done no shedding around the face yet and i do have a soft brush that i take on the walks and try to get an occasional brush on the face. The both have matching bubble butts!! We have mastered the halter on our walks but I dont leave it on him for more than 30 sec. just slip it on buckle and remove nothing else..then he goes running off to explore something else. havent even done it w/a lead line attached. He does stand pretty good w/just an arm around the front while scratching his bum but does get fiddgety after a couple minutes then its off to something else. Has she started eatting Moms food yet? I need to invest in a creep of some sort soon but I do have 2 different bowls and they are fine w/that for now. I wish you lived closer for play dates!! Has she run into any fences yet? Cam has and scared the heck out of me!! Maybe girls are a bit smarter than boys/ ya think?

I think in her case Megan looks are deff deceptive shes a little cowbag
default_yes.gif
..Iv been reading about Cam's running into the fence trick..ouch!! shes not done anything like that thankfully always manages to find the brakes last minute..they are a constant worry arnt they??..not sure about girls being smarter than the boys lol but theyr deff more moody..she pins her ears back at me and tries jumping on me..started turning her back on me again and launching both feet as high as she can..think she may grow a set of horns in a few weeks lil minx..she loves a scratch but wont be taken in when i try get the headcollar on lol..i wont rush it iv all the time in the world..not stealing mummy's food yet STILL NO TEETH..where are they??..Im sure i will be sorry i said that as shes rather generous with her scratches back if you tickle her shoulder hmm its going to hurt with new little teeth in that mouth no doubt..Id love her to have someone to play with would be great fun to watch..she tries to entertain herself.. i watch her running around the fence into the next paddock waiting for mum to call her back..she stands there peeping round until she calls then she goes galloping down as fast as she can..then starts the whole game all over again..bless her she would love a play mate..mum is much to busy munching to be playing games
default_rolleyes.gif
Im still enjoying every second as im sure you are with Cam and everyone else who's lucky enough to be blessed with a little munchin

She is just adorable, so kissable! I think you need to feed her up though
new_rofl.gif

Yes I think she follows mum there..only has to look at the grass and a few pounds appear on those hips
default_biggrin.png

Oh she's coming along brilliantly Lindy - still such a pretty little girl too.
default_wub.png

I see the cheeky monkey has started her kicking habit again LOL!! Perhaps now is the time to try the smart clap of the hands with a pshtt noise to make her jump just as she's about to strike? Dont forget that while her wonderful Momma might put up with her antics, other mares would not be so happy now, and would be raising their back leg at her or turning round with a quick nip to send her scuttling back to her Mom's side. You are another 'mare', part of her family herd, in her eyes!
default_yes.gif

Also I have to admit that most of your 'problems' would fade to nothing if she had a companion. LOL!! Why do you think that even if we only want a couple of foals in any one year we always cover 3 or 4 mares anyway - allowing for a couple of them to possibly not 'take'. A single foal is quite something to manage as it grows up! Our first foal this year had to wait almost a month for her 'companion' to be born, although she did 'pair' up with and play with one of our yearling fillies. Once our little boy was born, she immediately wanted to get him away to play, and soon learnt some stiff lessons from the colt's Momma, who was not ready to share her son! Oh she had quite a few hissy fits while she was waiting for her new friend to come and play - we had also removed her filly friend and bought her back here! But she soon learnt that other mares are not to be tampered with, and now that both mares and babies are back here with me, they are as happy as sandboys and spend their days racing and chasing, while their Mommas stuff themselves on the grass to keep the milk bars well supplied!

Do keep those pictures of the cute Dinky Doo coming, she is just so delightful.
default_wub.png

Managed to get one of the 3 ponies in the same picture..Dinky sticking close to mum as ordered

299922_2189383508609_1667744376_2254907_771151_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back