Dinky Doo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many thanks
default_smile.png

LOVE all of your pictures!!
laugh.gif
What a sweet little filly you have!

Your barn is beautiful too. Your dad did a great job. Sorry to hear of your mom, very sweet plaque idea.
wub.gif

Thank you Megan
default_smile.png

I let them out in the paddock today for a good old gallop..and boy did they gallop.. lil Dinky going as fast as she could to keep up with mum..poor lil mite thought the big bad wolf was hot on her tail im sure

What beautiful pictures of a more beautiful subject
default_aktion033.gif
I wish i had one of those big old apple shade trees in my yard. I cant get over her color being so much like cams and yet completely different color mares. As renee said....keep the pictures coming!! Thanks for sharing!!

Yes a thought that will stay with me forever..2 new babies the same colour born the same day on different sides of the world (well almost)..fantastic never fails to amaze me how fabulous life can be..Im sure there were many more but its hard to make a connection when you dont see it
default_smile.png

The pictures are fabulous Lindy - they 'shout' happiness and contentment.
default_yes.gif

I'm so sorry about your Mum, I lost mine in 2007 too and once my life here gets sorted I'm going to have a special area in my garden dedicated to her and my Dad (1987).

I just love your little Dinky Doo, what a charming little girl, and so friendly too - just like her Momma.
default_wub.png

Do please keep the pictures coming!

Hopefully she will grow out of this but Dinky has started kicking the little maddam..not little kicks either very hard and meaningful kicks lol..i first noticed she was doing it to mum alot..and always in the face..now mum turns away before she catches her..now shes doing it to me..she comes over acts all cute n cuddly then turns her back and gives you both barrels with all shes got..anyone else experianced this in such a young foal??..what should i do ??
default_wink.png

Linda I just saw the new pics of Dinky she is gorgeous!! and I LOVE your stables!!! absoloutly FANTASTIC!!!

sorry to hear about your mum love the plaque idea though how sweet!
default_wub.png

how is Dinky going?

thats naughty of her with the kicking!!
default_no.gif
bad girl!
default_wacko.png

Linda I just saw the new pics of Dinky she is gorgeous!! and I LOVE your stables!!! absoloutly FANTASTIC!!!

sorry to hear about your mum love the plaque idea though how sweet!
default_wub.png

how is Dinky going?

thats naughty of her with the kicking!!
default_no.gif
bad girl!
default_wacko.png
Thanks Cassie..she is a little monster but a gorgeous one..shes coming on so well..such a character naughty naughty and more naughty lol..you wait youv all this to come
default_rolleyes.gif
starting pouring down yesterday so put mum in her stable for her lunch hoping Dinky would follow and i could shut them in to keep them dry..nope Dinky had other ideas..poor mum couldnt get to eat her lunch in piece had to keep dashing out to find her..its so much fun watching them..I spoke to Anna about the kicking and she said not to worry its "normal"..I value her oppinion so I shall ignore it hope it goes away lol..I will get some more pictures when the sun returns thats if i can keep up with her !!

hehe aw thats good. can't wait to see some more pics, could we have a video maybe???
default_wub.png

Im not a computer wizz kid but will try get my daughter to sort 1 out as shes going out in the small paddock today to give her legs a good stretch as its not raining be nice to show you all how crazy she is lol..a week old tomorrow cant believe it
default_wub.png

Glad to hear all is going well with Maxime and the Dinks! Looks like we have a decent day coming tomorrow weather wise thank goodness coz we will be at a show (the Welsh Mini Champs) - our first this year, so hoping that we may get one of ours 'qualified' in the morning to compete in the Championship in the afternoon. It's at Peniel - about 3 miles from Carmarthen on the Lampeter road - too far for you to pop along I suppose?

Maxime will soon give her naughty daughter a nip if the kicking continues - I always find that the fillies are much naughtier than the colts. LOL!! But, seriously, they do grow out of it, it is just a stage at the moment, they are trying out everything and finding out they can fling their legs in all directions is very exciting! If she lived in a 'herd' situation, the other mares would also ignore her beause of her age, but a few more weeks and they too would be snapping at her or even turning their hind ends towards her and lifting one of their legs, perhaps giving her a nudge with their foot if she was near enough, but not actually kicking her. In horse 'language' this would tell her that kicking is not acceptable and she would stop. As I said to you, as yet she is too young for the types of correction you might use if she was a lot older, but make sure you dont do anything to encourage her and in a week or so a loud clap of the hands behind her, if she starts backing up to you, will startle her and make her think twice for a while.
default_yes.gif

More pics when you have a moment would be wonderful!

I will proberbly come down to have a look isnt that far from us only about an hour and we often go for a drive in my husbands new toy (his TVR) on the weekends if the sun is shining..think he was feeling left out with the impending birth lol so had to keep himself busy
default_rolleyes.gif
..what time will you be there and how will i go about finding you??..would be great to meet you in person and see the ponies..i will leave my mobile no. on my profile page..hopefully we can somehow find eachother
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Dinky seems to have calmed the kicking a little thinkfully i just stand up and move away when she turns on me and it seems to be doing the trick she loves all the attention and has realised she doesnt get any if she turns her tail on me..shes such a cutie and most deffinately more cheeky than the little colt we had into everything..we just love her to bits
default_wub.png

Aww what a pretty little Dinky Doo!
default_wub.png

It was wonderful and such a suprise to see you and hubby (Neil I think your said?) at the show Lindy. Sorry you got a bit 'involved' and landed with holding minis, but we dont normally take so many horses to the shows, nor do we usually enter that amount of different classes, but as this show is more or less just down the road from us, we do like to support it as much as we can. So thank you for your help, it was much appreciated.
default_yes.gif

I'm sorry I didn't catch you post saying you might call in - glad you found it without any directions! When things get a bit more sorted here (hopefully in the next month) you must take one of your weekend drives and come call in, we are a bit nearer to you than the show today. Hope you enjoyed your scenic trip home, hopefully to find that that little pickle of a Dinky Doo had been behaving herself. LOL!!

Once again, thanks for making the trip - we must get together again soon - perhaps more time for a chat!

More than enjoyed looking after the ponies while you were busy and thanks for making us feel so welcome..so nice to meet you, your family and all the ponies they were all so gorgeous but have a real soft spot for spot-bum
default_wub.png
..enjoyed the trip back ..dont like to admit being a bird spotter
default_wacko.png
but i do love to see the red kites..fabulous birds to watch in such beautiful surroundings..Dinky seems to be over her sloppey pooh episode already so no need to worry after all..not that we ever stop worrying
default_rolleyes.gif
..would be great if we can catch up again sometime really enjoyed chatting to someone that actually shared my interest lol usually falls on deaf ears
default_wink.png

naw how cute!! I love her little face!!
default_wub.png
glad you and Anna had a great time catching up
default_smile.png
its so much fun meeting people online then in person, a new friend of mine, lives a few hours away I met her from here and she is a breeder and has been helping me heaps! she even came down to check on Suzie!! they are all so wonderful!

keep us updated on your special little girl! she is a gem!

p.s what colour will she be do you think?

It was so nice to meet Anna Cassie as im sure you felt the same with your cyber buddy lol..I was wondering how i was going to find her not knowing what she looked like or anything really..then i found myself standing next to this lady that i felt i had a connection with even though i didnt recognise her lol so strange..was only there for about 10 mins and decided to ask her if her name was Anna lol..i was sure it was her and i was right
default_yes.gif
..Dinky is such a cutie had a bit of the scoures yesterday morning had me worried
default_rolleyes.gif
but shes fine now thankfully not the easiest of chores washing off a crazy week old foal lol..yet again Anna put my mind at rest and said its normal for them around the time of the foal heat to have that so long as she was her normal self..shes a nightmare to try get a decent picture of lol she doesnt stand still unless shes laying down..did get a video of her and mum in the paddock but havnt figured out how to get it on here..Im not the best with computers
default_wacko.png

as for colouring in the future hmmm thats anyones guess but shes got a bit more than bay going on i think so will be watching closely and of course consulting everyone here with the pictures
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
yay how funny that you were standing right next to her!!! thats awesome!!

can't help you with the videos lol haven't had that issue yet but I know Renee (eagle) has posted videos before I'm sure if you pm'd her she could help!!
default_yes.gif

glad she has got over her scours!! keep us updated on you gorgeous little girl!!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back