Day 342...which mare won the race?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Liz! "She" is a true cutie!
default_smile.png

nootka said:
Not 100% sure on the name, but we were thinking "Bett'n On Red" since Gramma's name was Betty (registered) and of course we KNEW it would be red (two red parents)....
Then of course her "adult film" name is Cherry Valentine.
I like both names! Of course I'm partial to the first one since if you pick it I get to brag I've named two of your foals.
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png
Vicarious breeder, that's me!

Leia

how sweet she is! My husband loves the name Cherry Valentine and I do as well!

Vicarious breeder, that's me!
Well that's the best sort to be!

Less gray hairs...not to mention sticky baby poop on clothing. I am washing my Carhartt jacket, today, and crossing my fingers...they should bottle that stuff as glue. She has lots of it in her tail, too, which is not very glamorous, but her mane is the neatest cascade of little, fluffy, soft-as-clouds red ringlets with gold highlights. No doubt she will be flaxen (sire is not) when she grows up. Wonder if she got her dam's silver gene, too...?

She did get her grandmother's large, dark and wise eyes. I only wish she could have been here for this filly...she was so weary of the colts and their tryouts on her just because she was so patient (not to mention slower than the rest of the girls).

Thanks, everyone...it's a drizzly day but she has a few visitors coming to see her so perhaps we'll let them have a little run. She's a tiny bit back at the knees, still, but she's smaller and a little more refined overall than big brother/nephew Pyro (Pyro's dad would be her half-brother).
default_wacko.png

We'll see how she fits into her new names.
default_smile.png

Liz

Cherry Valentine... hahaha!!!!!!! Love it!!

Just set up my phone to get email, so when I saw yours I had to race inside to view the pics on my laptop.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kari

Congratulations, Liz! She's a pip! :D Will be a fun one to show, I do believe! :D :D

I should have an announcement within the the month as well.... getting very excited!!!

default_rolleyes.gif
Boy or Girl Cherry Bomb sure did good. A Pretty character. Congratulations!!! Give mother and child an Arkansas hug!
default_smile.png
(thats a great big one)

Ahhh, Cherry Bomb came through for you.... a filly no less and on Valentine's Day......she sure loves to produce those red heds.....
default_biggrin.png

Congrats Liz, she is just a cutie patootie.......... Cherry Valentine........yup, it fits her like a glove!
default_aktion033.gif

She's adorable, Liz! Congrats!!

I have always loved her mom's pretty head. :)

Susan O.

Latest posts

Back