Meet Stella :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Stella is almost 5 months, just a few days shy, and her dam is an older lady who is starting to struggle a bit too much (in fact Stella is probably her last) so I made the decision with the breeder to bring her home this weekend. I have to say that I'm in LOVE, complete love! She is a total sweetheart, probably the easiest foal I've ever weaned aside from my most favorite gelding in the world who doesn't let very much bother him at all :D. I'm taking as a good sign that she'll make an excellent driving pony and bring me a step closer to CDE.

She has hollered a little bit here and there but for the most part hasn't had much trouble and has taken to everything with ease from the dogs to the goats, to the tractor and everything in between. We even 'ponied' her from the back of the cart today, kinda..I drove my calmest and most reliable boy while my dad looped the long lead thru the seat and walked along with us. He was ready to drop the lead and let it slide through if she'd spook. It wasn't needed though. She had no problems with it whatsoever and was trying to nibble on my elbow most of the time, lol. Her mind is just so great! When she does get startled it's a little tiny jump or a sideways look, then she takes a better look at what bothered her and moves on.

Unfortunately my brother's finger was covering most of the pics and this was one of the only ones I could really save. You can see how calm and relaxed she was about it. We didn't walk very far or long, and honestly it wasn't planned we were just going to get her used to the cart banging around and she did so well that we stepped it up a notch. What weanling, not even 2 full days off the mom in a brand new place, would you try that with?!? I've never had one that took to things this easy, heck I've had supposedly well trained horse have more trouble settling in to our barn. So you can see why I'm in love! 2013-08-18 11.48.29 (2).jpg Excuse her 'dirty' I haven't tried bathing her yet, she's fresh out the pasture with mom.

She Looks Super Nice
default_smile.png

PRETTY!!! And yep, love it when it all comes together in a great personality that way. I managed to purchase one who is like that last year (as a yearling) and I LOVE IT and HIM.

What is her breeding?

Latest posts

Back