Coyote Winds Knockout

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prayers coming your way for your little guy to be improved today and for his speedy recovery. Your are doing a great job taking such good care of him.

So sorry to hear your boy is having such a rough time. Thoughts and prayers coming your way for both you and Cody.

Robin

Thinking of you and hoping that your guy pulls through

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: we wish you and Cody the best.

Vet just came and a bit of good news. When vet came we had just tubed him and vet could see he had more spirit then yesterday. Once we let him go he started playing with the water bucket, bang, bang, bang which he did not do yesterday and then he put his nose in bucket while vet was there as it has water in it and he lifted his head up high and swallowed, did it twice and vet was impressed. The best sound I could ever hear. Vet did not give him the botulism shot as he said he is much improved since yesterday and said if he keeps improving he'll make it. He said I'll know in a week, so hoping Cody is still with me next tuesday. Keep your prayers coming as they are working. :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Shana. So glad to hear he is still hanging on...that's a good sign! One thing I was thinking, and not meant to "stir the pot", but was wondering about whether or not the vet examined his jaw for brken bone matter?? I know you said you thought he had been kicked, and if it is bruised, it makes me wonder if maybe something was missed? I thought Botulism makes them very unsteady on their feet and he is still on his?? I am just trying to be helpful, in case maybe in all the emotion and commotion, perhaps something was overlooked, and since the vet is returning today, it might be a good time to ask about his jaw bone if it slipped your mind?? Sending continued prayers and the best possbile outcome for your little man. Good Luck with him!!

I'm glad to hear there's been some improvement. I'll keep you and Cody in my prayers...
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

MONA he doesn't have a broken jaw vet looked first thing, then noticed he could not swallow, checked his tongue and he pulled it out an dit stayed there whereas it should have gone back in. When he put teh tube in him the odor that came out was rancid, very nasty smelling which vet said was not good. He had 3 cases last week, same symptoms and all 3 died but they were larger horses and owners coudl not be with them all day as they worked. I can be with Cody 24/7 during weekdays and my hubby can be with him 24/7 on weekends. I work weekends and hubby works weekdays. Also my father and mother in law live 200 feet away next door and both will help with the tubings as it takes 2 people, one to hold his head and one to tube him. A lot of work but I don't mind as I love this boy.

Edited to add: Vet says at the start the horse is more steady on the feet then gets worse over time and thinks we caught Cody early enough and that Cody is a fighter. He was really impressed with him this morning, also checked him over before heading up the road to the neighbors place to do her horses shots.

Hopefully there's a good outcome for your guy l would be more then worried sick..

MONA he doesn't have a broken jaw vet looked first thing, then noticed he could not swallow, checked his tongue and he pulled it out an dit stayed there whereas it should have gone back in. When he put teh tube in him the odor that came out was rancid, very nasty smelling which vet said was not good. He had 3 cases last week, same symptoms and all 3 died but they were larger horses and owners coudl not be with them all day as they worked. I can be with Cody 24/7 during weekdays and my hubby can be with him 24/7 on weekends. I work weekends and hubby works weekdays. Also my father and mother in law live 200 feet away next door and both will help with the tubings as it takes 2 people, one to hold his head and one to tube him. A lot of work but I don't mind as I love this boy.
Oh, that is good to know that he checked him over good. I just wasn't sure, as I know when something like this happens, I often don't think straight and wish I had mentioned this or that. So glad you did!
default_yes.gif
:

Edited to add: Vet says at the start the horse is more steady on the feet then gets worse over time and thinks we caught Cody early enough and that Cody is a fighter. He was really impressed with him this morning, also checked him over before heading up the road to the neighbors place to do her horses shots.
This is WONDERFUL news!!! It sure sounds VERY hopeful for Cody!! Keep up the good work!!! :aktion033:

Cody was quite the handful at the 10:30a.m tubing. I like him that way right now, means he is fighting. He also swallowed some water on his own, not much but a start. He also was not holding his nose in his water bowl and standing at the back of the stall, as soon as he saw us he came right up to the door and put his nose in the water pail like he was saying hey I'm thirsty. I think he knows we are trying to help him. I did put a blanket on him at 8:30a.m which is to big for him but I taped it so it would fit. Is my B sized geldings blanket and only mini blanket I have right now. He is partially clipped and it was a bit cold in the barn. He looked much happier at 10:30a.m. I really hope he'll make it.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...I lost my Cody in January and it changed my world...

Liz R.

So glad to hear some good news on Cody!

I thought I was going to lose my 29 yr. old TB-cross earlier this year (long story) and the vet was not optimistic. But he's a fighter and had the spirit and will to live so he made it. Sounds like Cody has the same fighting spirit. It makes a world of difference, and so does all the care you're giving him.

I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

What great news- what a little fighter he is. Hang in there, you are doing your best and sending every ounce of 'good karma' in your direction!!!! I sure hope he makes it- some of them do!

:cheeky-smiley-006: I'm so glad to hear he's doing well and fighting. :bgrin

Still sending warm thoughts and good energy to Cody, and hoping he will make a swift and complete recovery.

Latest posts

Back