Commercial Airline Travel with "tiny" mini?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hill Haven Farms

Reaction score
I am in the process of getting Roozer fitted for a QUAD wheelchair, that has a pull handle for re-hab work or to raise him up and take him for a walk... (think of a stroller... but he wouldn't have to hold his own weight or balance.. )...I would love to fly him from Kansas City to MA to be appropriately fitted....I guess if I had too, I could drive? Just a long way to drive....If I do drive... Anyone up for a road trip? He does great with his splints, but I think getting him up and some of his weight off loaded would allow him a much better chance at being stronger. We still plan to have surgery, but I have to have the funds to do that. With a price of $3,500 a leg x 4 legs quoted... it will be awhile unitl I have that saved up. (I plan to do one at a time...)

Roozer at Christmas 8 mos old, 20" tall. (Been a gelding since he was 6 wks due to hernia surgery) He literally has 2" of fuzz cover his body!!

397484_10151069336525461_560040460_21692911_790936579_n.jpg

380124_258394900893253_223594291039981_811666_1000277582_n.jpg

Have you given any though to trying the "MAGIC SHOES" for him first? That has worked for some minis that seriously looked to be hopelessly cripled and unable to support themselves. This would be the absolute best long term sollution for him if at all possible.

Have you given any though to trying the "MAGIC SHOES" for him first? That has worked for some minis that seriously looked to be hopelessly cripled and unable to support themselves. This would be the absolute best long term sollution for him if at all possible.

Thanks Mona, Where would I go to find a pair of them? He would need for all 4 tootsies... I like the idea of having a cart of sometype to help with PT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard great things about the shoes too , Id definately try them

Latest posts

Back