Classic K Miniatures~ ring test results...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe wasn't she soo cute as a baby! <3 love her little head lol (they are pretty crappy photos my apologies, her breeder finally sent some through for me lol)

here is a horrible pic of her mum but can see the pinto in her
default_smile.png

Raylee Park Tiffany.jpg

she also sent me a photo of Suzie as a baby, I am absoloutly horrified at the living conditions that she was in! :/ I don't know the circumstances, you could hardly tell its my pretty Suzie except for her adorable face...

Baby Suzie.jpg

here is a pic of Suzie's mum, Fenwick Tabitha and I think I have shown you a pic of Suzie's dad before, Mini World Laddie... don't know how a palomino and a black could produce a silver bay...? any ideas??

Suzie Mummy.jpg

OMG Cassie. Those poor girls
default_sad.png
Penny looks her usual adorable self but Suzie is hardly recognizable

hmmm possibly. Here is a pic of him anyway...Jade &amp; Laddie 028.jpg

I know Renee isn't it horrible...I can't believe she sent me a pic of her in that condition! I can well believe why Penny would have trust issues after being brought up like that but Suzie is such a love bug, shows her great temperament, I was almost not going to show you the pic of Suzie but I had to let out my frustration of that pic... :/ can't believe my precious baby girl ever had to live like that
default_sad.png
so glad they are with me now...

I bet he is a silver buckskin.

Suzie definitely looks like she needs some loving in that photo. Poor girl, lucky she didn't break her legs on that gate! For owners to send photos of them in this state shows they don't actually see anything wrong. Bit scarey

I don't know about dad, he really looks pali but he can't be if Suzie is silver bay. I am useless at colours but if he was silver buckskin I would think he would have dark legs???? Do you know anyting about grand parents Cassie?

Last edited by a moderator:
The breeder down the road from me told me the only way to tell the difference between a pali and a silver buckskin is inside and the tips of their ears are darker if they're a silver buckskin. All other dark points are silver. She has the most beautiful horses. Assuming the Auzzies on here know her, she owns the Apoco D stud. Totally drool worthy.

Other thing I thought of, maybe Suzie is a dark pali. Their colour ranges quite a bit.

oh yes Apoco D Stud, has beautiful horses!!
default_drool5.gif

haha wow I have no idea LOL I sent the breeder an email asking her... but she usually takes a while to get back to me on this sort of thing... I might msg Renee (Anyssa Park) and see what she thinks... lol

OMG!! Poor little Suz, bless her!! But I love her Momma - can see where Suzie got her sweet face from.
default_yes.gif

I'm no help with colours either so cant help you find where Suzie's silver might hve come from.

Penny looks cute, but I'm so glad you got them both home safe and loved as they deserve. Lucky girls!!
default_thumbup.gif

I asked Renee, and she said that black and palli can produce silver bay... crazy LOL, I wonder if there is much chance of Suzie ever throwing a palli? lol

OH MY! I would definitely say you rescued poor Suzie.. Yikes, that is pretty daring on the breeders behalf to send you that photo. Thank goodness these babies now have you Cassie!

On the colors - yes a black and a pali can produce a silver or a silver bay - carried/passed thru the pali. Silver gene only shows on black - just like bay. So a chestnut base can carry both a bay gene and a silver gene and you'd never know without getting the silver or silver bay or testing the palomino. Then the palomino can pass both the bay and silver gene to the resulting foal and it will show up IF the base color gene on the foal received from the other parent is E (black).

So we have what we think of as a palomino, but he tests, color wise, as a silver buckskin. Ee, Aa, nCr, nZ. So, he's heterozygous black w/ bay modifier w/ cream and silver. So he's a bay with both cream and silver, making him a silver buckskin. His sire is a cremello (not color tested) and his dam is a heterozygous black, homozygous silver.

051411_052.2.jpg

His 1/2 sister (same cremello sire out of a palomino mare) is a chestnut base, with 1 bay gene and two creme genes. ee, Aa, CrCr. Since she's a red base, you can't see her bay coloring. SO, she will pass on her little "e", her "Cr" to every foal but can also pass on her bay modifier - "A" or her non bay "a". If she's bred to a black horse and gets the "E" - the resulting foal could be a buckskin or a smoky black depending on the bay modifier... A black horse can be either homozygous black or heterozygous black - EE or Ee. If her foal gets the "e", then that foal would be a palomino - even if it also got the "A" - which doesn't show up on ee or red base.

13jan21ke584.jpg

13apr20ke471.jpg

Since our silver mare of the colt above is tested "aa" (no bay), the bay gene is carried by their cremello sire! I don't know that the palomino dam of our cremello mare has been color tested.

Colors are a lot of fun! It took me a long, long time to understand that a chestnut could carry bay genes and not show it... Not until I understood that bay acted just like silver (only displays on black but can still be passed onto resulting offspring), did I finally wrap my mind around a chestnut producing a bay when bred to black... Actually I used to think that a chestnut bred to black always produced bay - but then that's been proven not true,
default_smile.png

The above mare could carry silver. Her test is with her paperwork and I don't have it handy and can't remember if we had her tested for silver. But don't recall her parents having silver either...

cool thanks for the colour advice Paula
default_smile.png
and for the pics! I love all the different colours too
default_smile.png
its so very fascinating! love it all!

Paula has it all very right :D I reckon the dad is hiding silver.

At least you know Suzie has a red gene, she'd have to with a pali father. Although she won't be able to produce a pali without getting the sire to contribute the cream gene as it doesn't skip generations.

Can't believe the conditions she was living in! Poor Suzie
default_sad.png
:(

oh wasn't it horrible Bree
default_sad.png
I still can't believe she sent the pics to me!
default_thud.gif

ok so I was talking to my friend who breeds miniature ponies and showed her a pic of Wade (the boy Suzie is going to) and she think they have a good chance of producing a pali! (while I would absoloutly love a pali) how would these two colours produce a palomino? 559517_10151483501389027_831234180_n.jpg

Wade.jpg

(so confused right now) these are the colour results I get... lol

33.33% -
Chestnut 29.17% -
Silver Bay 29.17% -
Bay 4.17% -
Silver Black 4.17% -
Black

Perhaps she's confusing silver dilution with cream dilution?

But I'm with you, I see NO chance of pali. But a 100% chance of CUTE
default_wub.png
I can't wait to see this little pony baby!

Perhaps she's confusing silver dilution with cream dilution?

But I'm with you, I see NO chance of pali. But a 100% chance of CUTE
default_wub.png
I can't wait to see this little pony baby!
haha thanks Bree, lol she got me so confused (secretly I was hoping there may have been something I had missed lol but I didn't think so)

haha yes I think so too
default_smile.png
I just looove Wade's head! 580603_485324084846637_541127774_n.jpg

another friend of mine and I are going to go up sometime in the next few weeks. to meet him in person and check out his movement etc, wish I could do that with the stallion that Penny's going to but that would kinda be a big drive LOL

oh and here is a pic of his little filly, isn't she adorable!Wade baby.jpg she is a silver bay (her mum is very similar looking to suzie)

He definately is a cute man. Perfect match for Suzie
default_smile.png

Since mini ponies are more stockier than mini horses does that give them more strength? As in carrying children? My hubby reckons I should get Bindi broken in one day (hate that word) to carry little kids but even tho she is small horse she's still pretty fine boned. Not sure if she would be strong enough.

I usually recommend the ponies to people who want leadrein equines. Thicker bones and shorter backs are a good combination for weight bearing. With the horses I'd only ever recommend the taller and heavier small horse/little horse height ranges. For example you'd never put a kid on my Special but he is right up on small horse height, but if she was less flighty you would put a kid on Jilla (Tilly's mum) who I'm convinced has some traditional English Shetland sitting close in her bloodlines.

Now harness on the other hand! I'll be putting my itty bitty Dreamy into harness without any concerns :D In fact wouldn't Suzie and Bindi look beautiful in harness? (hint hint
default_new_rofl.gif
)

Cassie that filly needs to be snuggled non stop
default_new_rofl.gif
The ponies just do "cute" that step better then the horses! Just don't tell my guys I said that!

Latest posts

Back