Classic K Miniatures~ ring test results...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually recommend the ponies to people who want leadrein equines. Thicker bones and shorter backs are a good combination for weight bearing. With the horses I'd only ever recommend the taller and heavier small horse/little horse height ranges. For example you'd never put a kid on my Special but he is right up on small horse height, but if she was less flighty you would put a kid on Jilla (Tilly's mum) who I'm convinced has some traditional English Shetland sitting close in her bloodlines.

Now harness on the other hand! I'll be putting my itty bitty Dreamy into harness without any concerns :D In fact wouldn't Suzie and Bindi look beautiful in harness? (hint hint
default_new_rofl.gif
)

Cassie that filly needs to be snuggled non stop
default_new_rofl.gif
The ponies just do "cute" that step better then the horses! Just don't tell my guys I said that!
yeah I agree with you Bree, I would have no problems (and have done so) with having little kids on Suzie's back of course ones that I have no problem lifting but I wouldn't consider putting a kid on Penny, and she is a small horse and heavier set then alot that are out at the moment... but I would no way put a kid on Finn he is just too little and besides the fact he is to young I think he is a bit too fine... it really depends on the horse/ pony, I have heaps of friends who have mini ponies as leading rein mounts the kids have great fun with them.

haha oh dear Bree! lol I don't know if I'm going to go into the harness side of thing to be honest, while I think Suzie has a trot that would look amazing in harness (or so I have been tol) I just don't have much interest in it... performance now thats something I like
default_smile.png
was having fun with Finn the other day but I'm dying to get Penny over some jumps again LOL

oh doesn't she just! when my friend sent me that pic I had to stop myself from jumping in my car and heading straight over there to snuggle her! lol oh and the 'cute' thing is soo true! haha mini horses are beautiful but mini ponies are CUTE to the max lol and are absoloute love bugs (well my two are) lol Penny is a love bug too but once she has had enough of you she will wander off, Suzie and Finn as long as your out there with you they are by your side demanding love and scratches lol.

anyway I must be tired, I'm good at rambling today (either that or I'm trying to sidetrack myself from work woops naughty cassie...)

I think colour is a factor to consider Cassie when breeding, I know you can't order what you want but you can steer clear from what you don't like. I am not a red fan myself even though I love a bay. You still have time to think about it so do some window shopping.
default_yes.gif
If you still choose this little guy then you will know you made the perfect choice cos you shopped around.

I agree Renee
default_smile.png
I don't heaps love chestnuts (but having Penny its growing on me LOL) i'm hoping for a silver bay, but as Suzie hasn't produced one to my knowledge as yet I don't think my chances are very good... she has had a chestnut pinto filly and Finn and I don't know what colour her first baby was... I know that was a filly also... there is my other friends gorgeous little bay stallion that I would love to put Suzie to, the one that got Supreme at the royal, but her mum doesn't want her to put him to outside mares... but maybe I should still ask her... I don't know how much the fee would be for him but he is gorgeous! then there is a silver bay stallion that another friend of mine owns who also wins alot! but he is a bit long in the head and I think I need to go something more compact for Suzie, she has a young minimal pinto silver bay colt but he isn't old enough to breed with yet... lol I think either Wade or Storm would be the best option for Suzie to get a more compact pony type...

sorry I'm rambling again, off to bed night all. oh the owner of the stallion Penny is going to sent me a new pic of him
default_smile.png

Banner.jpg

Yes, no chance of a pali with these breeding for Suzie!

A gorgeous boy for Penny!!! Just so handsome!

If Suz has had a chestnut before then that confirms she has a red gene. Since Wade can only give a red gene (chestnuts being double red) then you're relying on Suzie to pass her black gene along with or without her agouti. I do love him as a conformation/type match but I do agree colour is important, when you factor in her red you have a 50% chance of a chestnut. Up to you how you feel about that
default_smile.png

haha I know its so hard! he is the perfect conformation type for Suzie I think, I just wish he was a different colour... hmmm

this is Storm, I'm sure I've show a pic of him before...Storm.jpg

what do you think of his conformation to pair with Suzie? I'm going to msg Sarah (his owner just to see if she would offer his service to me...)

I think he is horrid, SO horrid that I volunteer to let him hide in my paddocks :p
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif

He is a DARLING and would also compliment her well.

You ALMOST have me wishing I had my own pony to play with!

HAHAHAHA maybe we should do a swap hey? LOL when Suzie's new baby comes along you can have that one
default_smile.png

waiting to hear back from Sarah, this is Storms first foaling season and I know she wanted to get her own babies out of him (to make sure he produces as good as him) before he goes to outside mares... but she may just make an exception for me I'm hoping
default_smile.png
lol his service fee would probably be more expensive then Wade's he has one supreme pony at Sydney Royal two years in a row LOL

I'll let you know what I hear back
default_smile.png

If I go over to the Dark Side and pinch a pony I'll keep you in mind
default_wink.png

Have to applaud the owner for being careful with him! But I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

If I go over to the Dark Side and pinch a pony I'll keep you in mind
default_wink.png

Have to applaud the owner for being careful with him! But I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
haha do
default_smile.png

yeah I totally agree, and I think its a good decision to make, as so many people just get their stallions straight out there.

without thinking of colour... who do you think is nicer?
default_smile.png

Aw they both look lovely! How can you pick? lol At least with the other boy you can see the foals he has produced where if your friends mum said yes you wouldn't know what Storm is going to give you. But looking at him, how could he possibly go wrong lol

Hard choice, the photo of the bay is a bit more flattering due to the angle it's been taken at and you can see his neck.

Both are lovely examples of true mini pony type!

If you have to choose then take a good look at Suzie, ask yourself where she is weak and if the stallions are strong in that area. Wade has the advantage of foals on the ground so you can see if his foals are also strong in those qualities.

Thanks girls
default_smile.png
I guess the biggest factor will be whether Sarah will even let me put Suzie in foal to Storm, LOL I think both would produce an amazing foal!
default_smile.png
I just want to go and check out Wade's movement and see him in person... thanks for the help Bree and Hayley
default_smile.png

Good choice Cassie, go and see Wade in person before you even worry about the bay, then take it from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard back from Sarah, and she is sticking with what she said earlier, she wants to see what Storm will produce before letting him out to outside mares which is fair enough I totally understand
default_smile.png

will probably go up and see Wade after the show I'm taking Suzie to in 3 weeks time
default_smile.png

Thanks Renee
default_smile.png

Haha oh dear Renee!!! Yes it is lol (though I don't know if I'd call the baby Suzade lol she might get picked on at school lol)

I'm sure that sarah will let me put suzie to storm if I ask in a few years time
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back