Classic K Miniatures~ ring test results...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bit of a stupid question... but when a mare is on heat does their hoohaa get elongated or more relaxed at all? I guess I'm just trying to work out the signs to know when she is in heat, have NO idea if this is one of them LOL. help?

haha, sorry can''t help. Sweety was obvious and Bindi doesnt show and I never worked it out. Will be interesting to see what 'hidden' signs they have.

Since I always had stallions here, I could just walk a stallion past a girl, and she would squat and squirt! Simple as pie -- unless you don't have a boy around! LOL

haha thanks Diane, lol no I don't have a boy around lol have just been trying to note any signs so I have more of an idea what time in the month I should get her up to Tamworth... the owner of the stallion said she would do that, present Penny to Banner every day and until she is ready (they will be handbred as Banner is so tiny
default_smile.png
lol

Probably best that you send her up Cassie, as it will also give her time to get settled in to her new surroundings.
default_yes.gif

Because we also have boys, we do the same as Diane and lead a boy down past the mare's field and watch carefully for 'reactions'. !!

I use the boys as well so I get nice and clear signs... except from Ashanti! She is Miss Subtle Pants even with the stallions around.

The boys make working out heat cycles SO handy.

hi all,

got some pics last weekend of the horses and thought I would share them with you
default_smile.png
they are all getting fluffy, and Finn got to go out in the big big paddock for the first time (was hoping for a bit of excitement running around etc... but of course straight to eating, which you will see in the pics LOL)

046.JPG

053.JPG (Suzie had just had a bath hence the halter)

058.JPG when I first let Finn out in the big paddock I kept a halter and lead on him to make sure he would be ok, these both came off before I left them
default_smile.png

062.JPG

076.JPG

085.JPG

more in the next post
default_smile.png

078.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Suziemay.jpg my precious Suzie Q we are going to a show this weekend
default_smile.png
she will be going in 3 maybe 4 classes
default_smile.png
taking my big camera and hoping to get some good pics of my pretty girl.

my beautiful big boy Kingston

king3.jpg

king2.jpg

and our special little Casper

caspermay2.jpg

Caspermay.jpg

king1.jpg

yesterday Smartie gave us a big scare!

I had just brought him in from the big paddock and fed him Dad was using the loader in the other paddock so I left him in the side paddock. Dad said he would move him after he had finished.
I went back down to work to do the tills and when I came back up Dad said we had to go find Smartie, he spooked, bolted crashed through the gate and was in the big paddocks it was dark now and we had to try find him make sure he wasn't hurt (he got spooked by Dad using the loader... a bit strange as Dad uses it all the time and he doesn't care, I think as it got dark his eyesight etc wasn't as good and he freaked out) anyway I'm freaking out and Dad and I go looking for him, I was calling him and he is so beautiful he slowly walked up to me and let me lead him back to the stables (he didn't have a halter on and was still so scared)

took him up to the stable and put a halter on him.

Dad held him while I checked him over he was quite stiff and sore but luckily no signs of cuts or breaks etc, I gave him some bute and some feed and put him to bed... poor bubba.

this morning he was a little sore not too bad and as the day went on he got better, he is now not lame at all thank goodness! we were sooo lucky he didn't hurt himself...

here are the pics of the damage he did to the gate... poor Smartie...

the gate this morning... we are not sure if he tried to jump it, or just couldn't stop... photo(9).JPG the gate is usually bolted to the fence on the RH side...

photo(10).JPG the post...

photo(11).JPG the gate...

photo(12).JPG

photo(12).JPG

photo(13).JPG Smartie feeling alot better out in the big paddock this morning.

We are so lucky that the gate broke off the hinge otherwise I think it would be alot worse
default_sad.png

Poor silly guy
default_sad.png
I am so glad he is feeling o.k Cassie, you must have been so frightened. The girls look great and Finn is just soooo adorable
default_yes.gif

Sending hugs and prayers for Smartie and for your show this weekend.

The pictures are fabulous Cassie - they all look so well and happy. I love the ones of Kingston, he is just so beautiful
default_yes.gif

Goodness that must have been really scarey for you Cassie! Poor Smartie - so glad he escaped serious injury, bless him.
default_hypocrite.gif

Boy oh Boy, smartie got lucky there didnt he. Glad he's o.k. but geeze how scarey for you both. Cassie your fur kids look awesome. Dont let my horses see Smarties pasture or they will be on the first flight out of here. Thanks for the pics.

Poor Smartie and poor you! What a scare!

The others look awesome though
default_wub.png

Oh Cassie poor Smartie and what a scare for you!! Happy to hear he is OK!! These fur babies can really give our nerves a work out at times!

Love seeing all your pictures!! Finn is adorable!!
default_yes.gif
Kingston and Casper look so sweet! Kingston is a big boy!! We have a chocolate Lab Abigail she is 7 months and growing, wondering how big she will get!!

Thanks everyone, yes as you know Smartie is my special boy! I was totally freaking out! so very glad that the post broke. Can't imagine how much worse it could have been if not. was so happy when I heard him walking up to me.

misty's mom, Kingston had the biggest paws when he was a puppy lol we always knew he would be big, love my big bubba so much! he gave me a scare also today he is 13 years old I was home for lunch and heard all this noise on the verandah, Kingston was down and couldn't stand up. he was shaking his head side to side and I don't think he could see.... seemed like a seizure he kept shaking and was so scary! I stayed with him and after a few minutes he was ok... was so worried. don't know what I'll do when I lose my big man.

a pic I took of a bird we have here called an "Ibis" pretty proud of this pic
default_smile.png

ibis.jpg

What a fantastic picture Cassie - well caught!

Poor Kingston, I suppose at his great age he may well have the odd funny turn - just like us human oldies do - hope it was just a one off and he will be fine from now on bless him.
default_yes.gif

Great pic Cassie
default_thumbup.gif
Sorry to hear that Kingston had a funny turn, bless him
default_pray.gif

Latest posts

Back