Cinnamon. Rescue mare: **FILLY**!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Birthday Jeremy, I am sorry about Nathan my first child would have been 15 in February so I understand how you feel.

Cin is progressing fast now it is so exciting
default_smile.png

Back to 7.8 this morning. She pooped ALOT last night, but just normal consistency. Nothing interesting happened last night, went down sternal a few times, but just resting. Was eager for her breakfast, started gobbling it down, then went outside when it was not even half gone. Again, running out of room I suppose. She looks like that belly is hanging lower from the back view, and that's a piece of shaving on her teat. She wasn't keen on me being under there this morning. Udder hot and HARD. Here's what we have today:

20130509_080144.jpg

20130509_080253.jpg

20130509_080240.jpg

20130509_080222.jpg

Oh, and Diane, y'all are ALL gonna think I'm weird, but I still have Austin's (now 19) umbilical cord... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Amy she is looking awesome!!! Yu have don't such a wonderful job with her! You should be proud of yourself! Come on Cin we want to see what you have been cookin! : D

She's looking great this morning and in my opinion, closer to foaling?? So maybe tonight??? How's the colour inside her hooha?

Still pink, Anna. Goes from red (couple of days ago) back to pink...this morning it may have been a *little* darker, but not much, and she wasn't very relaxed, she had it somewhat scrunched up.

*sigh*. So much going on. Jeremy's graduation is Saturday evening, and I really don't have anyone to watch her for those couple of hours. Had a plan of horse-savvy neighbors (they just had two colts), but they will be at a surprise graduation party for their granddaughter. Still need to think on it. There has to be SOMEONE!!!

I wish I was closer, I would be over in a flash, well now I think about it you would have a hard time getting rid of me
default_whistling.gif

Come on Renee!! Got plenty of room around here!! Updates shortly, I'm still in town, visiting with stepmom in hospital. Mom keeping close eye on Cin.

I'm getting excited...ready to see what we have!

I would love to come over to help out too, but have a feeling that with the distance I might be too late!!
default_yes.gif

Bwahahaha!!! Then that means that she should foal before a trans-Atlantic flight would get here!!!! Oh now I'm nervous...all this waiting and hoping, now I don't know if I'm ready!

Think I did that with my first kid...I was soooo ready (42 weeks), but when doc said he was going to induce the next morning, I was like, wait, wait, I don't know if I'm ready!!! But still had a baby within 24 hours, lol Ready or not, here we come!!

Sounding very promising still. That pH can drop within hours, and she looks very ready -- one more roll or two!

Hot and hard udders are, to me, the ultimate sign. Even my dodgy udder mares will do that and I always have a foal within 24 hours
default_smile.png

WOW! Watch her carefully!!

I still can't believe this is the same mare that was so skinny in the beginning! How fabulous she looks, and I just can't WAIT to see this baby!!!

She is looking so amazing, you'd never thought it was the same mare. Off to show Sweety Cinnamons lovely udders
default_new_rofl.gif

While we wait...

Sampson, getting a pedicure and new kicks from the cutie-patootie farrier. This horse is my heart and soul. He started carriage work 10 years ago as a 4 year old. And let me tell you, was INSANE! He spooked at everything! You NEVER took your eyes off of his ears, because that was a pretty good indicator of what he was about to do. Now, an 18 wheeler could fly past and he would sleep through it. Huge fireworks displays are common in our town, and we used to have to unhitch him and lead him a block away, behind some buildings. Now he seizes the opportunity for a nap!!

20130509_193858.jpg

20130509_194335.jpg

Here's little Bud, wanting his new shoes too!! He isn't scheduled till next week, but the noises of the hammering and the torch are not bothering him AT ALL. As a future carriage horse, he needs to be 1000% bombproof. Out of six, I think Sampson is the only one who fits that description.

20130509_194407.jpg

Back