Cinnamon. Rescue mare: **FILLY**!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Mindy, those dang dreams were so real!!! Almost ran out to check the "poo baby" because I thought maybe the camera wasn't doing right! I plan on testing her again right before we leave this evening, and pray for the best. Dad said he may stay home, but if she's still high, maybe she will be okay for three hours. So, so nervous. More weddings coming up next weekend, not much during the week, so MAYBE BABY before the weekend?? Please Cin???

ETA: I've been checking her tail for evidence of a mucous plug, and haven't seen anything there. Do they ALWAYS lose it a day or two prior, or can they expel it during labor?

Last edited by a moderator:
You may never notice the mucous plug. I'd say in the majority of cases here, I never found it. But it's a "sign" if you do see it.

I never saw one either.

Yes those dreams got me to call Jessie and the whole sha bang at 4 in the morning!! Lol

Oh good girl Cin!!! I'm not real sure but she looks front center to me! She looks good to go! But I sooooo hope she wait for you to get home tonight!

She's looking really good! Hoping the rolling is getting this little one lined up perfectly -- so we'll be a complete "GO" !!

Hey Diane, with all the rolling she has done today, baby doesn't seem to have moved. Should I be concerned?

On another note, a Facebook friend of mine posted a pic of a pretty mare with a little mule baby, and said that's what they woke up to this morning...they didn't even know she was pregnant!!! Guess that would eliminate worry! How sweet is this little one??

facebook_1216584459.jpg

What a little cutie!!!!!!

No, don't worry, she'll get down to business when the time is right and baby will move around. If you remember, Joanne's mare didn't even do much rolling -- that baby turned a lot on its own while momma was standing stomping her foot!

LOVE that picture!!

Oh my she really looks ready to go - just to prove Diane and I wrong when we said that we hadn't had a mare foal between 6 and 9 pm!!

I really dont know what to say, just going to wish you good luck whatever you choose to do. Will be sending prayers for a safe and smooth foaling. I hope she will wait, but thinking about the time difference between here in the UK and you over there, she might not wait that long.

Oh dear what a choice to make!
default_frusty.gif

Cin - how could you do this to your Momma!!

Dad stayed home...he said he would text me if something happened. I just hope I have time to get there. C'mon, I just need TWO hours!!!AAbout to be sick cause of nerves...

Then again, she could wait and wait like Summer!

I think I'll split after he gets his diploma...if she waits that long!!

I'M HOME!!!!!! Made it, amd she's standing in her usual corner, just resting!!! Whew, dodged a bullet there!

And again, no baby between 6-9pm!! ;)

Phew, just came in and had to come see your thread!! Glad you made it home and didnt miss anything. ...including your sons graduation!! Im heading to bed myself but when I get up in the am I hope to read about your new arrival Good Luck and Safe Foaling!!

7.2 pH, pretty restless tonight. Some looking at belly, some butt rubbing, and zero interest in a little snack. Checked milk before we left, and it was the "usual" consistency...just now, it was so thick it didn't want to be pulled into the syringe. She seems a *bit* more friendly, actually wanting her face petted, whereas she usually draws back and prefers her neck rubbed. All the signs are there, so settling down with a book, popcorn, and a blankie. Foaling kit just outside her door. Yall pray for us both in case something happens! !

20130511_221744.jpg

Latest posts

Back