Cinnamon. Rescue mare: **FILLY**!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here I am Amy!! =D You really need Jessie though, she is the only reason I stayed semi-calm through Summers labor!! Cinn looks fabulous! I wish I was there!
default_sad.png

Hayley, did it work??? Growing boobies yet?? Hahaha! I just went and checked numbers again. Looks to be between 7.8 and 8.4. Hooha back red again, but she had eaten all her supper. I gave her another small scoop so I could get under her and do my thing. It's stormy as all get out here...lightning every second, sharp claps of thunder, soaking rain and tornado watches. She will likely make it tonight, lol.

Then again, we may be here another week, or even a month!

Oh Amy your killing me with all your big wonderful beautiful boys!!! But keep the pics comin anyway cuz I love 'em!!! : D yes me and Mindy are here for you and Cin!!! So wish we could come be with you for the birth.... If my 10 month old didnt think that she still needs to nurse every hour at night (she is a sweet heart tho) I would come to you for sure! Lol. Keep us posted and you will do awesome helping Cin get her baby here! You have already done awesome with her so far!

Last edited by a moderator:
No Amy, didn't work
default_new_rofl.gif
. I still can't believe she is doing this to me. Day 360 today and this is my first foaling. How cruel can she be? lol

Oh my. I'm gonna need help. Diane, could you hop on a puddle jumper and get here?? Mindy and Jess, yall aren't far away at ALL!!

You know I'm always only as far away as the phone 863-990-3210, so I'm here for you!!

She looks simply fabulous, and I can't wait to see this little one!!!

Thank you for your number, Diane! I knew I had seen it on another post, but if we got in a bind, there's no way I could have found it! Programming it in my phone now!!!

This is getting monotonous...wish she WOULD or WOULDN'T! Makes me nervous. pH not going below 7.8, but at least it isn't neon pink anymore. Udder large but not quite as hot and hard as it was yesterday morning. She looked interesting around 3 this morning, laying down, getting up, repositioning, going back down...guess she was just uncomfy. Baby has moved somewhat, yesterday I could feel a really hard knee? head? butt? in front of her flank, and it's moved now.

20130510_085042.jpg

20130510_085053.jpg

20130510_085118.jpg

20130510_085126.jpg

Love your drafts!!! She getting that point on top my guess would be a couple more days...seems to need to drop a tad...she sure looks well taken care of..nice shiney coat!! Very pretty

Almost forgot...I love the little shed/barn I see in the back ground

Last edited by a moderator:
I love our gentle giants too!!! I've posted pics of them all throughout this thread, but that's A LOT of pages to go through! Let's see, is it Heidi? Poor little Cinnamon has come a LOOOONNNG way. All she needed was a little feed and a little grass, and she turned from that pathetic baby on the first page to what you see here. I only recently began playing with minis, my heart has always belonged to the drafts, but after this whole ordeal, I'm in love!

That little shed is a portable building!! It serves as our harness and tack room. It's actually just what we need, and will do just fine until I win the lottery and get to build the barn of my dreams. (I have it all planned out in my head)!

Anywho, fixing to run to make a check on Cin, let's see if she's done any rolling!!

WOW!! Looks as though baby has dropped - almost there!! I know the weekends can be busy for you, but do you have family members who can watch her closely while you are working?

Love those pictures of your biggies, they are soooooooooooooooooooo magnificent!!
default_yes.gif

Anna, the only issue I will have is Saturday night from about 6-9. My middle kiddo is graduating, and we can't miss that! I would be the world's WORST mother if I missed that, but my stepdad has offered to stay home, which I don't think is fair to him. My stepmother just got released from the hospital this morning, so there is a chance I can talk them into sitting at mom's house watching the monitor, (we are weird like that, even my ex hubby and his girlfriend come hang out with me and my hubby...i even babysit their twins!) but she just had surgery, and Dad is disabled, so they really wouldn't be able to provide help if Cin needed it.

I don't know what to do, except hope she goes before then, or waits till we get home! Neighbors already have their granddaughter's surprise graduation party to attend, and that was my only other option.

Amy, I do know how difficult things can be sometime, plus I know how much you have done for, and are doing for Cin, will hope and pray that she waits for you to get back - of course you cant miss the graduation!! Actually I have yet to have a mare foal between 6 and 9pm in all my years of breeding - 10pm yes, so hurry home as soon as you can!!

ps. I have an 'extended' family similar to yours, and we all get on really well - but I think that we might be the lucky ones?

Well then, I'm another lucky one. Close family that always vacations together -- getting ready for our week vacation at the beach beginning June 1. I'll have to post the pictures of the new place, Anna. It's finally BIG enough for all my kids and grandkids, my mom and sister, and the "ex" and his wife. (Now THAT's an "extended" family for sure -- but It's been over 27 years) -- and since my daughter only comes 1 week a year from Texas, I just try to be kind and let him come spend time with the grandkids, too (since he never spent time with his own kids).

We'll just have the pretty little lady WAIT until you return! I don't think I've ever had a foal born during those times either, come to think about it! So, we'll just count on it being just fine!

And the dreams start...night before last, I thought was a fluke. Dreamt I missed it, but Dad saw it. Was a red bag, but he sliced through and brought forth a sorrel filly!

Then last night, I dreamed I missed it again, but by moments. She had a colt that was tiny and lanky like a colt, but just as tall as she was...and a GOAT. Dear Lord, what goes through MY mind???

Updates when I get back from bringing oldest child to work.

Oh please enough of those types of dreams!! we will have none of that nonsence going on here!! Warm happy thoughts only!! Oh filly thoughts are good too

HA! Boy do we know what you're going through! Let's hope that soon you will be having "normal" dreams with a beautiful baby sleeping in your lap!

Last edited:
She's holding steady at 7.8. When I was gone just now (been sleeping at Mom n Dad's so I can check her every 20 minutes), Dad said he thought she was about to do something...he said she went flat out, legs out and head back!! I ran out to see (she was up by then on the monitor), and she whinnied for her breakfast. Started chowing down. I think she still needs to roll a bit more, but udder hot and hard again. Hooha was red, but that could have been because she had just gotten up.

At one point when I woke up and looked at the monitor, I said omg she had it!! It's not moving!! Ran to get a closer look at the tv, and it was a huge pile of poo!!! Gracious goodness, don't know how much longer I can do this!!!

Note to self: NEVER purchase a horse that's expecting without knowing EXACT breeding dates!! She could go like this another month!

NO! I don't think she will go another month!
default_thumbdown.gif

But you're doing fine and she's doing GREAT!!!! I really think we'll be reading your announcement soon. How about a few new pictures?
default_yes.gif

(Don't forget the mare that went from 7.4 to foaling in 4 hours! Things can change VERY fast with these sneaky little girls!)

LOL!!! Yay! I'm not the only one dreaming Summer was giving birth to other animals birth to other animals and seeing "poop" or "shadow" or "piles of hay" babies!!!

You can do this!! I so wish I could come help watch her for you tonight!

Latest posts

Back