Cinnamon. Rescue mare: **FILLY**!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Diane!!

Another Sunday full of work here. Stall cleaning/disinfecting (that Cinnamon is a pooping MACHINE), trailer cleaning, house cleaning and vehicle cleaning. I haven't washed my truck since bogging down the other day, just sprayed the huge clumps of mud off. Need to weedeat and mow grass, and then follow Cin around with a stick, poking her. Kidding, but I'm not right in the head right now, lol.

The house may have to wait, as I cannot STAND being indoors on a pretty day. My house suffers during pretty weather!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I totally understand. I looked around mine this morning and chastised myself for the mess! But I don't know if I will listen to myself and actually DO anything to make it better. I so enjoy the weekends when it's sunny and nice! It's hot here, but there is a beautiful breeze blowing through, so it's just perfect weather!

LOL!! Well I was a good girl - actually got the hoover out this morning and did a blast through!! (and it's a beautiful day here too for a change). Did look at the windows and decided they could wait for the next downpour of rain to help with the outside cleaning! Rewarded myself with a peaceful cuppa sitting on my swingseat looking at all the daffs growing all over our lawn and listening to the singing birds - swallows have just arrived for the 2013 summer breeding season, so the skies are getting pretty 'active' round here right now
default_yes.gif

That's a beautiful coloured fella you have there - look at that gorgeous shine on his coat!!

Cin is looking really good, not long to wait now I think - she could go soon and then fill that udder once foaled!

Our little Cin is looking wonderful and is progressing wonderfully
default_smile.png
I love your coloured boy, he looks the picture of health.

The warm weather has brought me out of hybernation and I have been a busy bee cleaning the house and tidying the garden.
default_smile.png

Windows??? You're supposed to clean those?? Lol not since all this chaos!! It's still a little cool here from the front that came in over the week, so I spent some time indoors today. Got a good start on laundry, but that's about it. Maybe it will be a bit warmer tomorrow and I can mow grass.

Here's tonight's udder pic. I think I'm looking at it too much, because I'm having trouble determining if it's going up or down. Her teats seem to be filling well.

20130505_192013.jpg

Oh, and here's earlier this afternoon. Not ready here!!

20130505_131151.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope! Not ready yet, but growing beautifully!!

Her udder is filling nicely, so expect a lot of rolling very soon!!

I'm to the point where I want to lay Cin down and roll her over MYSELF!! Udder and teats continue to develop, fill then reduce, and her numbers continue to be high. She had two very loose stools this afternoon, of the cow pattie type, but nothing else to indicate she's ready...baby sideways, and red has disappeared from hooha. Sometimes it's real loose, sometimes she scrunches it up. One day I can move her tail anywhere, and the next, she promptly takes it away from me.

20130507_093019.jpg

20130506_165552_2599.jpg

She's doing fine, although it's frustrating we know. She really looks great!!

G' Morning, first I'd like to say I Love the name Cinnamon..always wanted to name a horse that same name. Your cinnamon is so pretty..love the rich color. She's filling in nicely and looks wonderful and so does your paint..another beauty!!! Couldnt help but notice all your other horses...you sure have your hands full dont you!! I love draft horses.

Anna, after reading about all your cleaning today Im exhausted...think Ill go sit under a tree with my coffee and just watch Sneeker..phew..I havent done windows since diane was here 2 years ago!

Did we have a mare on here who went from 7 to foaling in a very sort time???? Is it time to get excited about Cinnamon??
default_impatient.jpg

Omg. Now yall are making me nervous!! Poop back to normal, and she's grazing, but as I understand, a mare here (gosh I don't remember WHO, there's so many to keep up with!) was eating, dropped and foaled, and finished her bite of hay!!!

I'm heading out to clean up my truck, but going to do that in the back where I can keep an eye on her.

There are pics of just about all our horses mixed into this thread. Little Cin has come a LONG WAY!! As for cleaning, only outside! Weather is beautiful, 78 degrees, and I'm outdoors and in heaven!!

Pics coming shortly!! She's been grazing as usual today. Flies seem to bother her more, but I'm unsure whether or not I should spray her. Made sure stall was immaculate so there would be no flies in there. Anyway, middle son is 18 years old today!! Little Nathan (the baby I lost) would have been 14 yesterday. It's an emotional month, and here's Miss Cinnamon adding to it!! Getting excited and nervous all at once!

pH back up to 8.4 (or above), but LOOK at the calcium! And it's been like that for a while. Udder hot and hard this evening. That one is a little blurry, but you can definitely see the shape.

20130508_184250.jpg

20130508_182955.jpg

20130508_183016.jpg

20130508_183200.jpg

Oh she looks right on track for this baby!! And looking at that udder I think you might be in line for a record dropping ph level!!

Happy Birthday Middle Son - so sorry about little Nathan.

Record dropping, Anna?? We want TEXTBOOK, lol. Not looking to set records! I don't think she has baby lined up all the way yet. I haven't SEEN her roll in her stall before (plenty big enough), but the other morning she had shavings all over her, so she must have. It's usually the first thing she does when I let her out in the mornings. What else? Oh, still not finishing meals until much later, alrhough I understand she has GOT to be running out of room.

I guess I will test her again in the morning (if nothing happens tonight) and go from there. I've been impressed with the udder!!

Thanks, Anna! It never gets easier, but we have Jeremy's celebration to ease it.

I understand completely. I still have my first hospital band.
default_yes.gif

Remember, she could roll that baby into position in a minute! She's certainly looking good, and udder is quite nice. Hope she just does everything "textbook" for you, and your little one should be here soon, by the looks of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back