What Are Your Hobbies, Other Than Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
What are your hobbies and pastimes other than horses (which I know we all enjoy)?

Apart from horses, my hobbies are:

• Spending time with our dogs and cats
  • Reading, especially Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and Charlaine Harris (mostly listening to unabridged audio books -- I can get 2hrs a day in w/ my commute on days I keep office hours!)
  • US Politics -- passionately interested and have to get frequent daily doses of what's going on
  • Fishkeeping -- We have several large aquariums and I love watching the tanks and maintaining them
  • Watching Movies -- at home! I like watching them best with my husband AND dogs so home it is (Yay for NetFlix!)

What about you folks? What do you do for fun?

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than the horses, I enjoy making beaded jewelry and have ventured into wire jewelry. We also have a dirt Late Model race car so we go racing every week. Most spending time with my husband and son.

well I don't have horses anymore, but I still don't have enough time to do all I'd like to.

some of my hobbies are:

fishing, boating, bow hunting, snow skiing, fly tying, bowling, reading, metal detecting, camping, piano, golf carts. I work full time so I don't get to do these things as near as much as I'd like to...only 8 more years to retirement and then I will have more time
default_smile.png

Art

Hand spinning Yarn (one of these days I am going to find some that is really good a knitting and have them make me a sweater!)

Playing with the cats

Reading books in front of a fire.

Archery, every once in awhile.

*hanging out with the dogs (showing, training, herding, etc....)

*knitting

*reading (when I have the time to and don't fall asleep reading the first page)

and just plain enjoying the outdoors (more so when there is no snow on the ground....)

Great topic Jill

~kathryn

Reading, beading, just learned how to crochet and am making a butt ugly afghan for the dogs.
default_rolleyes.gif

In addition to the horses, we love camping! Husband isn't much of a horse person, although he is supportive of me and the girls, but camping is something we all enjoy as a family. We took our big trip out west last year, so we're just staying close to home this year. But I always look forward to camping season!

Reading is my other huge hobby. I love to read and am blessed with two girls who love to read, too. Most days, you can find all three of us curled up on the couch with books in our hands!

I also love scrapbooking, but it is hard to find the time to fit that in. But I love it when I get a chance!

Barbara

Reading or loving on the horses, cats & dogs are not hobbies, they are a fact of life!
default_smile.png
Must haves!

Hobbies I guess you could say, drawing, painting, making things like show bows, sculpting little horse heads, counted cross stitch, pretty much making anything that's fun! I love to challenge myself to invent new projects! And collecting things!

Everyone has some great hobbies. Some of mine include...

Anything horse

Training and caring for llamas

Reading

Drawing

Painting

Felting llama wool

I eventually hope to learn fiber arts and spin and knit llama/alpaca fiber

Dan.

Other than spending time with Joe, My Mini, I like to raising Chickens, doing Stained Glass and sew. I'm hoping to get a riding horse in the near future.

Both of us enjoy reading. During the warmer months we garden - both in the vegie garden and our flower gardens. Larry is very active with astronomy, which also provides a side income for us. I am a volunteer with a local NO KILL animal shelter, plus am constantly blogging/writing - which occasionally pays.
default_rolleyes.gif

Gee, you mean there are things to do other than horses?
default_biggrin.png
Lets see...I love dogs and enjoy taking photographs of them and my horses, I do a little flower gardening. I like to read and enjoy autobiographies and Christian fiction. I also like to browse horse forums, etc on the computer. My husband has a car that he drag races every week so that takes up alot of time (and $$) Guess that's it!
default_yes.gif

Well, this is a good topic...

Love raising my doggies, Shih Tzu with Poodles

Watching my grand daughter
default_wub.png
growing up so quickly.

Have one pygmy goat hope will have a few more.

Breeding Fallow Deer & doing web sites.
default_saludando.gif

I like to do a little quilting, read, scrapbook (when I have printed pics, most are currently on the computer), SPEND time on the computer/on-line.

That is neat how many of us read!!

Couple of Knitters and Fibre Artists, out there too.

Those Pressed flower cards sound very pretty Maryann. Do you have photos of them?

Oh my husband would dearly love to be able to do astronomy like Larry does!!

I am a professional dog groomer, so that consumes most of my life as a full time manager job / groomer.... At home I own horses, dogs.. and lots of snakes.. it's a lot of work.. Not really anytime for other hobbies.. I plead the 5th.

I think you all should post pics of the things you do! Mary Lou I'd love to see your pressed flower cards!
default_yes.gif

Everyone has so many cool hobbies!
default_smile.png
My hobbies include:

Photography is my real passion besides horses.I can spend hours outside with my camera(s) and take hundreds of pictures

I love hanging out with my mum, we do tons of things together.

Watching movies and some tv.

Also some reading, writing and drawing.
default_wub.png

Well I won't post pictures of my hobbies but you guys can view my website for my photography Mountain View Photography <---Click here.

Now that I am a very AGED MARE I read a lot and do family history research and go to the gym and work with a trainer.In the past when my eyes were better and I still had steady hands I did ceramics, China painting, stained glass, wood working,knitting, crewel work and sewing.When I got Mini horses 24 years ago and parts of the body rebelled I stopped doing lots of those things Lots of interesting folks on this forum

Latest posts

Back