What Are Your Hobbies, Other Than Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me as another reader! I love to crochet and make beaded jewelry. My primary (non-horse related) hobby for the past couple years is writing - I love it, and hopefully one day it'll be more than a hobby.

I never miss watching a Flames game on TV if I can help it - does that count as a hobby? ;-)

My latest new hobby is making greeting cards. I've done a couple horse related ones that I thought I'd share. These are for friends who have a sorrel and a palomino. I think maybe I'm gonna have to try a buckskin or dun next. I haven't finished decorating the second one yet, just got him done late last night.

BrendasCard.jpg

palominocard.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always loved to draw, but usually dont have the time for it anymore. Everytime I sit down to draw one of my kids interrupts me. LOL

I do alot of reading. Mostly at bedtime to get my mind off of things so that I can sleep.

Most recently I have started a small rabbitry. Raising Holland Lops and Himalayans. They are wonderful. The kids do alot more with them than they do with the horses. AND they are alot cheaper.
default_smile.png

For me its crocheting and scrapbooking...But, I never have the time for either anymore..

I like to fish for crappie, bass, catfish, and trout. Love a good canoe or kayak trip and swimming in a mountain river swim hole. Day hikes of 4 to 10 miles followed by a shower and good night's rest on a comfy bed since I am too old and stiff to sleep in a tent anymore. I love to water ski.

My husband likes to chase tornadoes and take pictures. I will go along but cannot exactly say I like it although it is exciting to watch "rotation" forming.

Also weather related we like to watch the night sky. Just make a little pit fire and admire looking at the stars. Especially when meteor showers are predicted.

We like to watch concert videos. Some of who we have are The Eagles, Marshall Tucker, Los Lonely Boys, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Norah Jones, Steely Dan, Diana Krall, Fleetwood Mac. Admittingly we don't just watch. We turn into singalong groupies after a while.
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

We enjoy our anatolian shepherds although we decided this past year no more litters. We also enjoy our three rotten indoor poochies (a sweet Japanese chin and a sweet shih-tzu and a spoiled chihuhua).

Also enjoy grandsons' and their ballgames.
default_firstprize.gif

Listening to books on audio.

An occasional game of Scrabble, Sequence, or Bible trivia.

My husband sculpts and is very gifted at it. I critique his work but have learned to wait for him to ask me to. Will be so glad when we move out of the starving artist mode to rich and famous.
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

We are both interested in history. Loved going to the civil war re-enactments when we lived in NW Arkansas. Hopefully when retirement comes I can go from spectating to becoming one of the characters.

Researching where we want to move to (an utter passion with us) might as well be a hobby. We want cooler temps, less bugs, more open spaces, some mountains, some clear running springs, and too many less ofs and more ofs too mention.

I love keeping up with politics, too!

My husband collects silver coins and bayonets.

I don't collect anything. Been there, done that, and can't stand the clutter. Sold off my collections and am SO much happier!

We also love hunting and fishing, and starting in January we go antler shed hunting. That's usually when the bucks start dropping their antlers, so we'll be outside somewhere from January till the end of May, usually three to four times a week, hunting for them.

I am a voracious reader!

I garden to the point where it's an unhealthy obsession, lol!

I love going trail riding, and we love four wheeling on our trails. (About six miles of nice, groomed trails).

I'm also a watercolorist, and love doing that in the winter months.

And of course, my labs are with me everywhere I go outside!

My latest new hobby is making greeting cards. I've done a couple horse related ones that I thought I'd share. These are for friends who have a sorrel and a palomino. I think maybe I'm gonna have to try a buckskin or dun next. I haven't finished decorating the second one yet, just got him done late last night.

BrendasCard.jpg

palominocard.jpg

Everyone is so interesting! But these - what is the horse made from? These are really cool!

Oh gawd so much haha

Training Miniatures and Shetlands for jumping and driving

I customize model horses, resculpt and repaint

I keep reptiles, Crested Geckos, Chameleons

I am a HUGE aquarium buff. I keep 4 planted tanks. I breed Wild type Mouth Brooding Bettas. Betta Albimarginata, keep discus and altum angelfish. some puffers

I have a band, im the lead singer.

I sculpt snake pendants

i love researching animals

I have 3 rats who are my pride and joy.

Huge music nerd and i love going to rock concerts. most recently my favorite band the pretty reckless.

When I have the time I love to sew Roadster silks and show jackets but have not done much of that lately--also sew or crochet dog blankets and sweaters. I do crochet afghans during the winter months. Love to read historical romances and adventure trilogies.

When I was younger I loved to do paint by number painting --just don't have the talent to draw--used to do a lot of fabric art painting (TriChem) my Dad still has two black velvet painting I did years ago that Mother framed and hung in the living room. My ex-mother in law has one I did of a bull fighter and another of a flaminco dancer hanging in her livingroom or at least she did that last time I was there--boy that was years ago
default_wub.png

For down time I sometimes work 1000 piece puzzles--have one I really want to do--all green background with a white peacock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, I got so many hobbies that I don’t know where to start
default_rolleyes.gif

- I run a website and forum for people with dental phobia in Norway.

- I’m member in different associations and tend to be active in all of them, so I do a lot of writing in different journals, attend conferences at different universities in Europe (mostly England) and so on.

- Got a huge passion for books and work in a bookstore, so I spend a lot of time either reading, writing or talking about books.

- I’m doing a lot of “hobby” studies beside my own studies and I tend to study psychology, neurology, consciousness and psi-research (research in human potential).

- I’m very fond of wolves and try to be active in getting their voice heard and educate people about them, both the positive and negative (I always tend to look on both sides).

- I’m also very fond of dinosaurs and paleontology, and even though I’m not a member of any associations, I spend a lot of time reading and educate myself about this field.

And did I write that I’m student and working part time too? Don’t know how I get the time to do all this, but surely I do (somehow
default_laugh.png
).

Latest posts

Back