Beyonce the DEFINITELY pregnant pony - SHE'S HERE!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Ryan I agree. And a mare I helped over the summer did just that. She was also a maiden. I don't think her stomach can drop much more..if any more at all. Just cause she was carrying so high to begin with. But I'm normally dealing with mares in the last stage of there pregnancy. So I don't usually see them from start to finish.

Many maidens carry high and tight, so they don't seem to drop as much as the good old brood mares. She's definitely changing, and looking good!

Hows Beyoncé this morning ?
default_smile.png

Beyonce has a slight viral infection so is on trimidine for 7 days. the vet just thinks her immune system has dropped a bit due to pregnancy and it's nothing serious just a cough and a snotty nose but she's being extra diligent just in case. Nothing new on the pregnancy aspect. Pretty much to same.

We opted for trimidine since I don't really want to needle train her at the end of a pregnancy while she's sick and she's a pig so eats anything you give to her in a bucket, so I won't have any problems giving it to her lol. I'm absolutely exhausted though. Foal watch with no EDD on a maiden mare sucks!

Once baby arrives you will forget how tired you are and how long you waited. Just wait until that little one "snuffs" in your face and kicks up its heels at you. You will be smitten and completely forget the long frustration! The birth of a little one is what keeps us all going and looking forward to the next one!!

The baby's almost here! her udder is rock hard and almost completely full in under an hour , cow pies everywhere and she's a moody biache trying to bite me whenever i go near her lol. Yay! Leaving her to it and watching from a distance!

Oh! exciting!! please keep us posted! Safe foaling vibes sent your way!!

Thank you, she's currently kicking at her belly and looking at her sides with her butt pressed against the wall, udder is rock hard and looks to be leaking a bit. She won't let me anywhere near her back end so doing my best to see what I can

Anxiously awaiting news!!! Can you get pictures of her udder even if from a distance to show the newbies how it can come in last minute? Hope all is well!!!!!

default_pray.gif
:pray Waiting anxiously all day for this news!!! Come on momma!

Last edited:
so udder is hard as a rock and shiny as a new penny, after hours of moaning and groaning and stretching and pooing baby still remains inside his haven of happiness. She's currently out grazing but exceedinly unhappy about everything and with her udder the way it is and how quickly is came up i would say not long now. will get a photo of the udder as it was filling last night and one today

Sounds awesome! She seems to be waiting to go til nighttime perhaps... We are so anxious to see this lil one!

She started at 9pm last night and went all through the night, maybe she's on American time?

Lol great to know she is on the way to foaling. Hopefully its out by know
default_smile.png
. Can't wait to hear how everything is going.

She's been off all morning, refuses to come out of her yard, sitting down then standing up, still eating but not hungrily like she usually does, just picking and rubbing her nose along the ground. Not long i don't think.

Latest posts

Back