Beyonce the DEFINITELY pregnant pony - SHE'S HERE!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her manure is not cow pie yet but definitely softer consistency than usual, she usually has very solid pebbles but they have become softer and all clumped together. She's now gone the opposite direction and just licked my face all over like a dog, I think someone is a hormone factory today lol. She's being sensitive about her udder being touched so can't recheck it yet.

Lol usually with what I have seen, once the Maure and vulva change it is usually days or hours. Keep us posted.

Fingers crosseds! Can you post new pics of udder and belly?

Can get a pic of her belly later, but here is her udder this morning.

Sounds exciting. Keep a close eye on her. Definite udder changes, but she's got a ways to go in that department. But could fill at foaling. Keep us posted.

updated pics, last night I was up every 2 hours as we had cow pie poos and lots of belly kicking and sitting down etc but nothing today. Udder hasn't changed much but more veins coming up around it. Spoke to my vet and she thinks she'll bag up entirely when foaling. She reckons she'll just show no signs then pop one out when no one is looking lol. Gosh I hope I'm there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is she "slab-sided" so we know that baby is lined up for delivery? If so, then I would be watching her constantly, as we know she can fill that udder at delivery. Can you get a picture of her from behind please?

pictures from this morning. Foaly has been moving a lot less. It basically has one small jiggly a night with a couple of kicks and that's it. She was obviously uncomfortable last night and she's started tightening up her vulva when i pull her tail back so i did my best, it's much much looser than it looks in the pictures generally. She's very slab sided this morning but she has been for several days now.

Her belly doesn't look as dropped as it has been though,

From the pics on the 12.1 to the ones today , baby not riding sideways as was in the Pic on the 12.1

She looks great , I think someones on the home straight
default_smile.png

Much the same. My friend the vet who had a pony much the same as Bey with her pregnancy had a little filly foal last night though! She had a look and long talk to me about Bey yesterday and she's pretty sure she's going to go soon and just not show any signs until the last moment. She says she doesn't think she's very far off at all.

In the meantime enjoy the photo of Evie my friend's new filly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we'll see a little more elongation and loosening before she goes, but she's really doing very well.

Keep the pictures coming, but if she still has some tail resistance, she's got a little more to go. That tail will become completely "useless" and easy to move. Getting very excited.

Fabulous little filly for your friend. Tell her thanks for sharing the picture! We LOVE baby pictures!

so last night she rolled in her stall twice which she's never done before and this morning her belly has changed shape. during the night between 9-1am her tail gets so loose, she elongates, everything becomes jelly and she's super uncomfortable and then after 1 she gets over it and is back to normal. But the belly has changed dramatically today

Don't quote me, but last year when talking to my vet I am sure she said that during the final stages of a mares pregnancy when you are noticing she is uncomfortable at times, that is usually the time she is planning to foal.

Has anyone else heard or experienced this. Agree with Rebecca great Progress.
default_smile.png

is your foaling kit & mushy feed ready to Rock and roll , have a SMALL feeling you will be needing it soon.

Cant wait to hear what the others think. Being her first u may not see a completely "dropped" tummy, to me tho it looks like it may be moving in that direction
default_smile.png

Foal kit all ready, vets on standby everything is ready to go. Except her lol. Yes the uncomfortable time is the 'foaling window' generally that's when they'll give birth, which si great news to me because it's not ridiculously early lol

Latest posts

Back