Az Fall Youth & Amateur Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eohippus

Reaction score
Yesterday Az had a one day Youth and Amateur AMHA show. It was a lot of fun! It was warm in the sun but it wasn't as miserable as it has been the past few weeks. There seemed to be a pretty good turn out and every one's horses looked great. I was glad to see a lot of youth there too, not just amateur. I also saw and talked to quite a few spectators, which was even better.

I decided to leave my geldings at home and just take Kinson. At first I wasn't sure, due to some other things happening in life, if we'd even be able to make it. So our sign up was last minute at the show (which is super stressful to me). Of course I had everything running down to the wire and was running late. Thats when Murphey's law kicked in and my neighbor called asking my Mom and I to feed his horses breakfast as he had gotten food poisoning from the night before. We couldn't saw no, he's helped us so many times in a pinch, but it delayed us even further (I wasn't sure if we'd make it in time to measure in). Turns out theres very little traffic early on a Sunday morning and we were able to make it in plenty of time. Kinson got a unanimous first in Amateur Junior Stallions Level 1 then went on to take the champion ribbons for Amateur Stallions. We met the girls from I Am Ranch and Kinson fell in love with their palomino weanling filly. Unfortunately she didn't return his affections. She really put his small statue in perspective though; at roughly 7/8 months she was as tall as he is (and he's just a few months shy of 2).

azfallshow1.jpg

Before his class; waiting like a good boy (watching all the girls)

azfallshow3.jpg

In the arena. He had some trouble at first then got impatient standing there. He'd already been waiting around for his class for 5 hours at that point though.

azfallshow2.jpg

Our "champion photo" infront of my car haha

azfallshow4.jpg

Kinson's love interest!

If any one else attended and has photos I'd love to see them
smile.gif

I saw Laurie's, from Heather Glen Farm, trailer drive in them drive away two seconds later.. Did you show, Laurie?

Congrats on the ribbons!
aktion033.gif
I didn't make it up there. It is pretty far from my house.

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Are you going to the show in March? It's at West World of Scottsdale and its a bigger show (friday, saturday, sunday) plus it will be MUCH cooler out! I also just realized what kind of dog you have in your avatar-I love Ibizans! And Major is so beautiful-I'm jealous!

Latest posts

Back