"as the stomach churns"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Charlene I really feel for you!

and to think this all started with a simple problem with your co-worker letting her kids play on your work computer.

I think you have done the very best you can do in this situation. By what you are telling us I also think you are a very good hard worker who gets her work done but is also fun to work with. If i ran a company you are the kind of person i would want working for me!

You have let your boss hear all the issues you are having with your co-worker and she has still not taken action. She could have not signed the check and told Amy that there was something they needed to discuss, or left a sealed note on her computer explaning that they needed to have a meeting before friday (since friday is payday).

I think that your boss better get her head out of the clouds, she will be losing a great employee and will have a hard time finding another one like you.

Charlene I'm sorry that things aren't looking more positive. Life is just too darned short to be so miserable for so many hours a week. You're a good employee and there are employers out there looking for someone like you. Keep checking those ads, call any contacts you have and see if they're hiring, send that updated resume out and see what happens. Let's face it.....it's gotta be better than the crap you're putting up with right now....from both Liz and Amy. Hang in there - we're all rooting for you!!!

Oh Charlene I'm so sorry for you.

You have said a couple of times Liz doesn't like confrontation then how is it she is a lawyer? I thought lawyers thrived on confrontations the bigger the better, or is it she doesn't like to confront employees?

I just know the perfect job is out there for you.

Awwww Charlene, I am so sorry this is happening to you. Why is it that the good people/workers always get the shaft. I've wondered about that for a very long time. I can't believe that another attorney wouldn't hire you in a minute. Is there any way to get the word out to the other lawyers? Whoever brought up the point about lawyers usually like to argue, I agree. This is strange that a lawyer can't "defend" herself or stick up for what is right. Better days are coming Charlene!
default_wub.png

Charlene-

Hoping you had a good day at work today and got to do "your" work and "your" work only.

Barbie

Oh man, sorry to hear this too.... wish I had a job I never had to show up for and I got paid anyway!!! Cripes!

Well, I guess I would do what you are doing, and continue looking elsewhere to go someplace where you will be appreciated for YOU, and I am glad you didnt fax that stuff either. And I would still keep refusing to do her work and maybe after 2,585 times that she doesnt get stuff done she is supposed to, Liz will catch on!!? But don't hold your breathe. I agree, I just dont think Liz is going to ever get on Amy, and will always have an excuse as to why she hasn't. And Amy knows Liz is totally wishy washy and spineless!

UPDATE?????

Did Liz fire Amy?

Did Amy show up for work?

Did Liz keep Amy, give her a raise and 3 more weeks of paid vacation?

Did Charlene find another job.... as a ShamWow distributor?

Stay turned for the answers....

Oh darn, I missed Amy's return! Any assertiveness classes for lawyers offered in your area?
default_gaah.gif
She needs to lay down the law and when it isn't followed, hand down some serious verdicts and sentences!
default_xbud.gif

Sending positive thoughts your way...Like, Amy gets the opportunity to "work" somewhere else, you get your pay & Amy's, plus a nice fat Christmas bonus. Liz begs your forgiveness and happily ever after... In case that doesn't happen, keep that resume polished and I'll hope some wonderful employer gets the opportunity to hire and appreciate you. Hugs and wishes for a restful weekend...and thanks for the loads of support with my coworker's tough situation with her husband. ~ Bec

Stay tuned for further episodes after these words from our sponsors Kool Aid, Chuck Wagon Dog Food and Slinky!

i've been so busy getting things winterized, i haven't been online a lot but i am happy, happy, HAPPY to report that things at work are really looking up!!! i don't know what liz said to amy but she has buckled down, has been at work every single day except friday, her usual day off, and when she is there, SHE ACTUALLY WORKS!!! her desk is clean most of the time and when i answer the phone and it's one of her clients, i tell her so and she picks up instead of telling ME to give them a message.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

also, FINALLY, on fridays when a civil matter comes up, liz will take the information down and tell the client that whatever it is will have to wait till monday when amy is back. this has happened numerous times and liz always says to me "i knew you wouldn't want to do that so...." i have told her each time that should an emergency arise, i will stop what i am doing and do my best to help out but emergency means just that...EMERGENCY!

i can't even begin to tell you how much less the stress is and i think my blood pressure is happy again, for the first time in almost a year. i just hope it stays this way because i would NOT make a good door-to-door shamWOW representative. if i knock on a door and somebody won't buy my shamWOW, i'm afraid i'll rip their head off.
default_new_shocked.gif

if things go south again, maybe i'll just run for president! my campaign slogan...A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A MINI IN EVERY BACK YARD!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
my campaign slogan...A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A MINI IN EVERY BACK YARD!
LOL Well that would get ya some votes anyway. You'd definitely need a Mini Ambassador. I'm applying for the position right now.

Seriously though, glad to hear things are going so well....although I know a lot of us will miss the show.

i can't even begin to tell you how much less the stress is and i think my blood pressure is happy again, for the first time in almost a year. i just hope it stays this way because i would NOT make a good door-to-door shamWOW representative. if i knock on a door and somebody won't buy my shamWOW, i'm afraid i'll rip their head off.
default_new_shocked.gif

*hastily hands over money for a shamWOW*
default_wink.png

this is awesome news!! Ok, Charlene, I guess you are just going to have to give us the lowdown on the tensions between the dogs or horses or something. Come on, there has to be SOME interesting stuff going on, with your new Great Dane and established dogs? Horses getting up to hijinks? Your advertisers need you to have more "air time"!
default_smile.png

i have your application filed away for future reference, appy. i will let you know if and when interviews are scheduled.
default_wink.png

LOL magic, i'm afraid my life is pretty boring at the moment. the dogs are all best friends and once i got the fence panel fixed, the horses aren't up to any hijinks at the moment. of course, all that could change in the blink of an eye.
default_new_shocked.gif

although office matters are going smoothly for now, i'm not holding my breath. there could be a new season of "as the stomach churns". we all know a leopard doesn't change its spots so there could be more to the story. only time will tell!

although office matters are going smoothly for now, i'm not holding my breath. there could be a new season of "as the stomach churns". we all know a leopard doesn't change its spots so there could be more to the story. only time will tell!
WOW - Great cliff hanger Charlene. LOL

AHA!! So THAT'S it! A real cliff hanger! Everything just SEEMS to be fine... and then............

LOL, Charene, glad for the moment that things are going well. Boy, she must have told her SOMEthing cause it has certainly turned things around right now. :DOH! Can't imagine what she may have said but it obviously penetrated through the bone density of the skull somehow. Now to see if it will last.....

as much as i'd love nothing better than to keep you guys entertained over the long upcoming winter, i am SO glad things have worked out. i was NOT looking forward to training in a replacement and i was NOT looking forward to pounding the pavement in search of other employment. so, for the time being, you'll just have to make due with what i can come up with. lol

one thing that may cause a bit of a stir...amy's bulldog is having a c-section on november 7. amy is planning to bring her and, of course, the puppies to work every day for heaven only knows how long sooo.....

the way that dog farts, OMG!!!!!, she will HAVE to be kept in the back room. not sure how that's gonna set with amy but after all, it IS a business, not a freakin' ZOO. it's one thing to bring a dog to work occasionally, i love for my own dogs to go with me once in a while, but a new mommy with puppies is a little over the top, as far as i'm concerned.

stay tuned....
default_wink.png

That's great news Charlene! When life is dull it's great and although I miss the soap opera, I'm very happy your work life has calmed down!!
default_smile.png

Back