"as the stomach churns"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
amy worked monday and tuesday because i was off.

she text messaged me yesterday at 5 a.m., sick, not coming to work.

liz had me running in 20 different directions yesterday trying to get some of amy's work done that HAD to go out in the mail. court orders, divorce settlements, etc. all of this, while i'm trying to get ready for a big jury trial.
default_rolleyes.gif

i got another text this morning, she's still sick, not coming in today. tomorrow is her regular day off so she won't be here, i know.

i'm calling the public defender i used to work for in a neighboring county. he told me a long time ago that he would hire me on a part-time basis. i'm fixin' to see if he was serious. i've had it.

I agree with you that it's time to look elsewhere. Unfortunately, as nice as Liz seems to be, I was concerned that she wouldn't follow through with her promises to make things better. Keeping my fingers crossed that your call pays off for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, why won't she just FIRE HER???? I hope everything works out great for you Sweetie
default_wub.png

Gad Charlene...why won't Liz can her A--? I swear I went thru the same thing in a Medical office. The hard workers they just dump on and the worthless ones they let do whatever. When my daughter was in labor & possible problems with the baby, I let my work know way in advance I would be taking off work cause she lived out of town. Left messages to three different people and my friend at work said no problem I will cover you. ONLY missed one day and the nx day when I got back to work MY boss called me in the office and said "You really put US out on a limb...not being here, I should write you up" Needless to say I gave my notice! They have been thru 5 girls in two years and asked me to come back....Sorry ...NO!

i called. as luck would have it, he hired a part-timer just over a year ago. oh well, easy come, easy go. lol

liz has had it. she is hotter than a firecracker right now. i would NOT wanna be opposing counsel in court this morning.

she said we will talk this afternoon and come to a decision. amy's job is in serious jeopardy. liz is ready to fire her and hire somebody else.

long story, short...this morning when liz came in, she said she was going behind closed doors with amy when gets to work. i told her amy isn't coming in. she said that's IT, she and i will talk sometime today and come to a decision. you KNOW what I'M gonna suggest!
default_wink.png

i called. as luck would have it, he hired a part-timer just over a year ago. oh well, easy come, easy go. lol
liz has had it. she is hotter than a firecracker right now. i would NOT wanna be opposing counsel in court this morning.

she said we will talk this afternoon and come to a decision. amy's job is in serious jeopardy. liz is ready to fire her and hire somebody else.

long story, short...this morning when liz came in, she said she was going behind closed doors with amy when gets to work. i told her amy isn't coming in. she said that's IT, she and i will talk sometime today and come to a decision. you KNOW what I'M gonna suggest!
default_wink.png

[SIZE=18pt]YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!![/SIZE] Let us know what happens

It sounds like you and Liz are in many ways two peas in the pod. You both know this has gone too far, but you're also both too nice to take that final step. Just about every post you've made on this situation you've commented on how Liz said this was it, now this was it, now Liz has finally had it, etc. I hope your meeting today results in more than another ultimatum for Amy, because it's clear she doesn't respect them and is setting her own boundaries now. I just feel very very bad for you because your good work ethic has obviously got you cleaning up after Amy's bad one. I hope the situation finally gets handled, so you can start enjoying your work (and just your work) again. Good luck at your meeting!

WHOA!!! I missed Amy coming back?!?!

Oh man, that sounds like sooooommmmeeee fun....I would love to know how people like that keep jobs....really, really irritates me....

~kathryn

You need to tell Liz if something is not done you will be looking for another job!! You know she does not want to lose you!!
default_wink.png

tiff, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

there are hearings set for tomorrow morning. two adoptions. neither will be done because amy never had summonses issued nor has she sent notices out for tomorrow's scheduled hearing.

other things have gone undone, the more i dig, the more i find. unfortunately, liz and i did not get a chance to talk today, at least not yet. she's with a client and i am buried in paperwork. hopefully, before i leave today, we can hash this mess out.
default_rolleyes.gif

stay tuned for part II. or is it III? IV? oh heck, i've lost track. in the meantime, vince would love to sell you a pedipaws...or some floor cleaner....or, or, or....oh heck, i forget what he sells!
default_new_shocked.gif

Ditto Tiff's comments.

This will sound harsh, but nothing will EVER be done unless you take a stand.

Give Liz notice. Tell her you are resigning. When she shrieks in horror, tell her that you are leaving. Period. The only way you could possibly change your mind is if Ms. Donothing is gone.

Otherwise I would gird myself for an eternity of this, because your boss is a softy and won't do anything unless she absolutely has to.

liz got called over to court for an emergency shelter care hearing for some babies so we didn't get our talk in plus, i had to leave an hour early for a hair appointment. i just had a message from her on my cell phone. she said we are on for lunch tomorrow and we will get this ironed out. i intend to do exactly that. either she gives me assurance that this will change or i'm telling her i'm walking.

liz got called over to court for an emergency shelter care hearing for some babies so we didn't get our talk in plus, i had to leave an hour early for a hair appointment. i just had a message from her on my cell phone. she said we are on for lunch tomorrow and we will get this ironed out. i intend to do exactly that. either she gives me assurance that this will change or i'm telling her i'm walking.

[SIZE=18pt]You rock girl!! [/SIZE]You have to stand up for yourself because Amy sure isn't going to be there for you.

It isn't right how she takes advantage of you and Liz's kindness. She is selfish and only cares about what makes Amy feel good.

We should have started a poll on how long it would be before she went back to her old ways. It could have been a money maker for CMHR!
default_wink.png
default_aktion033.gif

Charlene-

It is time to play hardball - you have given and given and given. Enough is enough.

I got fed up one time and went out and found another job. I gave notice, my boss said ok, the next day he came to me and asked me if we could talk. I said sure - that Saturday when we met, he asked me what I needed to stay. I got everything plus and I'm still there 8-9 years later.

Hang in there - you go girl!!!!

Barbie

Charlene, you take care of yourself--ya hear me!! Life's too short to have to keep going through all this garbage. I'd give Liz my resignation and tell her to call if she ever fires Amy!!
default_wacko.png

Keep your chin up!!
default_wink.png

I know you like Liz but she's really taking unfair advantage of your good nature and work ethic. It's definitely time to let her know that you'll no longer accept responsibility for more than your job. I agree that a resignation (or at least a promise of one) is the right thing right now. It's time for Liz to wake up and smell the coffee....and NO....you shouldn't be making it.
default_wink.png

Edited to add - I don't understand why "we" have to get this ironed out. She's supposed to be the boss for crying out loud. Why does she keep dragging you into the decision making when it comes to her other employee?

I agree!!! Her business and the office can't continue to function like this!! The tension, anger, frustration, etc.... is just going to send everyone over the edge.....

I would also tell her you have had it. You can be good and thorough at your job and try to do someone else's too because they dont feel like showing up.

This gal is never going to be responsible- ever - she doesnt care if she comes in to work or not and does NOT care one iota that she leaves others in a bind. She has no feelings of responsibility or loyalty at all.

SHE MUST GO!!!! You guys just can't keep functioning like this... It's not even functioning.. it's barely getting by is what it is. I would tell Liz you just can't work like this any more- you have more pride in yourself and your job than this and can't keep flopping around like a chicken with it's head cut off....

I bet she will take a stand then.... She has given MORE than enough chances... And why is Amy texting YOU?? Cause she doesnt want to call and leave a message or talk to the boss? That is chicken s*** and if someone at our company did that.... we wouldnt need to worry about coming back except to pick up personal belongings at the front desk stuffed in a shoebox.

P.S. Amy has not changed and is not going to. My mother used to say you can't make silk out of a sow's ear... and she is obviously a sow..... oh, sow's ear!!

you guys have really given me a lot of food for thought. everything you say is really very accurate. several times yesterday, my head was about to explode. liz and i came very close to popping each other, the tension was pretty obvious. and, ALL of this is due to AMY. i will incorporate some of your thoughts into our discussion, you have managed to put into words what i have been thinking for months now.

HG, yes, amy is texting ME because she does not want to have to explain these absences to liz. liz has commented to me more than once that amy should be letting HER know she's not coming to work, not texting ME. this, she needs to tell AMY!

i have always taken pride in my work and i work very hard to make sure that the documents i turn out are accurate and that my work is timely. for the most part, unless i am buried, what comes in goes out the same day. i have always, ALWAYS, personalized my correspondence. i have anywhere from 250-300 public defender clients at any given time. for the past few months, rather than sending personal letters, i have been reduced to "dear client" form letters and that just really sticks in my craw. with all of the extra work piled on me, if i tried to personalize everything, i would be LIVING at that place.

since i am so busy with my own work, i don't know much of what goes on with amy's civil cases. when i have to draft a document or write a letter to a client, i am always afraid that i will do something wrong or that what i do won't make sense because none of it makes sense to ME! i simply do not have time to try to learn it all so i wing it as best i can. so far, there have been no major snafus but if this keeps up, it's only a matter of time before i adopt the wrong child to the wrong people or the warranty deed i do will grant the wrong house to the wrong people!!
default_new_shocked.gif
LOL

i have also explained to liz that i simply cannot and WILL NOT subject myself to the rantings of people going through a divorce. i've never liked divorce work and i've never had to do much but lately, it has all been piled onto me. i told liz it isn't because i CAN'T do it, it is because, emotionally, it is just too draining. since gary's death, the last thing i want to have to do is sit and listen to couples bickering over TUPPERWARE. and no, i am NOT kidding!

as for the "we" ironing this out...liz has always considered us more as co-workers than employees. that is part of the reason amy has gotten away with this behavior for almost TEN MONTHS now. our working relationship, up until all of this started the week after i returned to work after gary's funeral, was perfect. everything went like clockwork. amy did her work, i did mine, and we helped each other out in a pinch. at this point, i am pinched beyond my capabilities and i am done being taken advantage of.

thanks so much for your input! i'm glad to know that others see it my way and it has empowered me to stand up for myself. charlene is DONE being a doormat!!! i will let you know if i remain employed at the end of the day.
default_biggrin.png

thanks so much for your input! i'm glad to know that others see it my way and it has empowered me to stand up for myself. charlene is DONE being a doormat!!! i will let you know if i remain employed at the end of the day.
default_biggrin.png
GOOD! Now Liz needs to grow a set and be a boss, not a buddy to Amy and FIRE HER and maybe things will improve!

default_biggrin.png
GOOD! Now Liz needs to grow a set and be a boss, not a buddy to Amy and FIRE HER and maybe things will improve!

Well said!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Back