"as the stomach churns"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! glad i can entertain you. i just gotta know...how many of you fell for that goofy "shamWOW" crud?? i gotta hire some better advertising!
default_new_shocked.gif

LMAO!! I had never heard of ShamWow....until I was at the Fair in London, ON a couple weeks ago. Saw the booth selling them there and broke out laughing!!!
default_biggrin.png
I tried to get back for the demo, but I was really more interested in the herding dog demo!
default_wink.png

~kathryn

I admit it! "As the stomach churns" is one of my guilty pleasures!
default_jerry.gif

Now we bring you the lastest handy dandy piece of crap that you can't live without! Guaranteed not to fall apart until you've had it for a week! All this for only $19.95!! BUT WAIT! Call now and get a second piece of crap for only the cost of shipping & handling!

Seriously, I hope things work out for you at work. Life is hard enough without all that added stress.

it seems ironic to me that you would spend any amount of money on crap. this is a HORSE forum, for pete's sake! my horses provide me with all the crap i need.
default_new_shocked.gif

kathryn, you gotta get out more!!
default_biggrin.png

Charlene, I've been tuning in but haven't commented yet. What patience you have! You remind me so much of ME, I'm just so gald none of my co-workers are THAT stressful!

I just wanted to say... at least if you have to leave the position, you'll have time to write one heck of a novel about all this...
default_wink.png
: Sounds like you could live for a year off the sales to forum members alone!
default_laugh.png

Of course, I think all the forum members would expect each copy to come with a ShamWow!
default_rolleyes.gif

What? You already have enough crap? Bummer!

I was hoping someone would buy all the crap my minis gave me
default_laugh.png

Ewww Charlene I don't need to know what Amy does on her days "off"or "sick" or whatever they are LOL.

I hope your boss does what she said she was going to do about her pay. I also hope for your sake that she fires her and hires someone else, who shows up for work, does their work, and doesn't tell you about their "wild weekends". I know that is what i would want if i were in your shoes.

What? You already have enough crap?
Okay, now, don't start bragging about all your crap (horse or otherwise). You don't want the opposing political perspective to accuse you of having too much of something...
default_laugh.png

Charlene, I've been tuning in but haven't commented yet. What patience you have! You remind me so much of ME, I'm just so gald none of my co-workers are THAT stressful!
I just wanted to say... at least if you have to leave the position, you'll have time to write one heck of a novel about all this...
default_wink.png
: Sounds like you could live for a year off the sales to forum members alone!
default_laugh.png
believe me, my patience has reached its end. i have no more left. none, nada, zilch. i will wait to see if she docks amy's pay later this week. what i do will depend on whether or not liz keeps her word to me. already today, she has given me two of amy's files to work on while amy sits at her desk and chats on yahoo. i simply took the files, put them on amy's desk and said "these are yours." i think liz is doing it out of sheer HABIT. she did not say a word to me when i gave them to their rightful owner.
default_rolleyes.gif

if i write a book, you'll all get a free, autographed copy along with a lifetime supply of crap. oops, i mean shamWOWs.
default_biggrin.png

if i write a book, you'll all get a free, autographed copy along with a lifetime supply of crap. oops, i mean shamWOWs.
default_biggrin.png

Oh, awesome!!!
default_laugh.png
I hope it's Shamwows that come with the book though, and not crap-- I have enough manure here as it is.
default_wink.png
Someone needs to invent a vehicle that runs on horse manure, now wouldn't that be something!!
default_smile.png

she has given me two of amy's files to work on while amy sits at her desk and chats on yahoo. i simply took the files, put them on amy's desk and said "these are yours." i think liz is doing it out of sheer HABIT.
As much as I hate to say it, it looks to me like if Liz is (already/still/so soon after your talk) giving you Amy's work while she sits there doing nothing, the handwriting is on the wall. Liz isn't gonna take action.....it's gonna be totally up to you to make your world a better place.

Oh I agree with AppyLover- she knew darned good and well who she handed the files to! Good for you for giving them to Amy! Has Liz even spoken to her about NO personal email or internet while she is at work unless she is on lunch or break?!! She might actually DO some of what she gets paid for!

I dont watch much tv so dont get the whole shamwow thing..... ???

I too have more than enough crap (in more ways than one) so dont need any more, even if it comes with a free what ever the shamwow thingy is, cause I dont even know what that is! (So I guess I can live without it!!) LOL

Charlene, if I was a betting person I'd bet that Liz will never confront Amy. I think Liz is afraid of confrontation and is never going to put the hammer down. I hate to say it, but you will probably have to leave in order to make things better in your life. It's just a little hunch and I sure hope I am wrong! Keep your chin up!
default_yes.gif

**sigh** i'm beginning to think you guys may be right. i'm watching the classified ads every day now.

yesterday, i finally just started ignoring both of them. liz was getting ready to leave early and was talking a blue streak, mostly telling amy what needed to be done with this and that. every once in a while, she'd slip my name in, in connection with one of amy's files. i simply ignored her and kept working on my own stuff. every single time she did it, i tuned her out and didn't answer her.

when she came out of her office, she was in a hurry to get out of there. she blew past me and asked why i was ignoring her. i just rolled my eyes at her and shook my head.

when liz left, i told amy i was sick of liz giving me HER stuff to do. i asked her if, on days when i am not there, does liz give her MY stuff. i knew the answer...it was no. i told amy i have enough to keep me busy and from now on, when she hears liz giving ME instructions (yeah, she even does it when amy is THERE!!!), i would appreciate it if she would take the initiative to get her butt up and take care of whatever needed to be done. that was the end of the conversation.

i'm thinking about becoming a shamWOW dealer. you know, a traveling saleswoman. having doors slammed in my face and wondering where my next meal will come from. it can't be any more stressful than my present job!!!

i am holding the fort down alone today. since i'm off tomorrow and friday, liz gave me my paycheck yesterday. it looks like amy got hers also, instead of waiting till friday. imagine this...i looked at the checkbook this morning that amy writes our paychecks out of and yup, she wrote hers for the full amount and LIZ SIGNED IT.

i am seriously considering my options and i'm watching the help wanted ads every day now. i am so sick of this crap.

oh, it just got even more unbelievable. liz just called and asked me to fax some stuff to another attorney, again, in one of amy's cases. i asked her why it wasn't done yesterday. she said because amy didn't DO it. i said no, i will not do it, it can wait till she's here tomorrow.

any other boss would have fired me on the spot but liz just said "ok".

i asked liz if she was aware that amy's check was for the full amount, not the amount liz said she intended to pay her (docking the 3.5 days she's missed since coming back from medical leave). she said yes, she was aware, but did not want to take it up with her yesterday because i was sitting there and it just wasn't a "good time". i told liz i don't believe there will BE a good time because i don't think she intends to do it. she said i was wrong, she will do it tomorrow when they are here alone since i will be gone.

i ended our conversation by telling her i updated my resume recently (which i did) and that i am watching the help-wanted ads every day (which i am). maybe that'll kick her into high gear. if not, i guess if i find something else, i'm not leaving much behind, huh?

Charlene...Sorry but I would give a two week notice and then sit back and do NADA...ZILTCH & see how Amy likes it (she would probably call in sick for the two weeks) but the writing is on the wall. Me thinks Liz thinks you cannot do with out the job and What the H--- she is a lawyer & doesn't LIKE confrontation? I would say "I'm outta here...
default_saludando.gif

Back