ARC Lollipop

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildoak

Reaction score
I'm trying to satisfy my curiosity about an Affirmed Royalty filly born a couple of years ago. She was a loud sorrel overo, the only thing he's produced with more than a blaze. I assumed it came from the dam (not my mare) but got to looking at her pedigree and she's Orion bred, out of a snowflake appaloosa dam - although she's a solid with blue eyes. At any rate, I think Lollipop is the missing link I'm looking for. He is Affirmed Royalty's grandsire, he is pinto but of course no specific information on his markings. I did find a picture of another of his foals who was sorrel, maybe tovero. Anyone have ARC Lollipops picture, or remember what he looked like?

Thanks,

Jan

I'm trying to satisfy my curiosity about an Affirmed Royalty filly born a couple of years ago. She was a loud sorrel overo, the only thing he's produced with more than a blaze. I assumed it came from the dam (not my mare) but got to looking at her pedigree and she's Orion bred, out of a snowflake appaloosa dam - although she's a solid with blue eyes. At any rate, I think Lollipop is the missing link I'm looking for. He is Affirmed Royalty's grandsire, he is pinto but of course no specific information on his markings. I did find a picture of another of his foals who was sorrel, maybe tovero. Anyone have ARC Lollipops picture, or remember what he looked like?

Thanks,

Jan
ARC Lollipop is the sire to Shredder.. who is the backbone to LTD's Overo program!!!! Sonrisa Hajel is the sire to Lollipop and probably the missing link.. In his photos he is not a overo.

You can email me for more info.

Angie/buckonranch

Last edited by a moderator:
ARC Lollipop is the sire and grand sire of a few of ours. I have not been able to find a photo of him.

A photo would be nice?

Does anyone know about ARC., who they are and what those initials mean? I have a mare with lots of ARC in her pedigree. She is a red road and just produced a loud overo filly by Mime. She has also produced a splash overo filly bred to Flabys Medicine Man.

Another mare I owned also had ARC in her pedigree, produced a visual frame overo colt by Mime, she was a bay roan mare.

The extended pedigree of my mare Star Fire shows most ARC horses as pintos.

To answer your question, I sure don't have photos of any ARC horses, but would love to see some if there are some available.

B

Last edited by a moderator:
My palomino stallion I have just sold is Arc Pal. He was bred by a Martha K Crandall from Milnor, ND. Pal is a Mickey Mouse grandson.

ARC - is the farm prefix used for all Alten R Crandall bred horses from Cayuga, North Dakota. As added info, he was owned at one time by Mr Joe Jeter who crossed him with his World champion mare whose offspring for generations down has produced many National and some Grand champions when crossed with First Knight stallion power. See First Knight site for some exceptional ARC Lollipop crosses.

WE BRED THE ARC HORSES!!! Well my great grandmother did....she and my grandmother and I now have the O Henrys Minitails and Mars Minis-the names changed when my great grandmother, Martha Crandall, divorced Alten R. Crandall. Our horses are either ARC or are from an ARC dam or sire. ARC Lolli Pop was from one of ARC's very first foal crops. I've looked for foal pictures but could not find any unfortunately--yes he was a pinto/tovero as most of the ARC horses were. They were known for their loud color. Lollipop is the grandsire to some pretty darn amazing horses-many of First Knights Ntl. Grand Champions and also Runnin Bares Classy Comment who was a tovero mare that won both Ntl Grand Champion Junior and Senior mare titles.

I have seen pictures of ARC Pal-I will have to check around and see if I can find them again!

mizbeth--you should tell me what ARC horses are in your girls pedigree because I can probably tell you ALOT about them and could most likely send you a whole bunch of pictures of relatives!

OMHT, thank you! Lollipop sired Runnin Bares Lovely Lady, herself I think a National Res Champion, and the dam of my stallion Marks Duffys Affirmed Royalty, sire of the filly in the original question. He has apparently passed his quality down through generations - Affirmed Royalty was a National Top Ten stallion and has sired a World Champion and several Top Tens, and is now grandsire to another Res World Champion.

If you ever run across a photo I'd love to see it.
default_smile.png

Jan

Oh my gosh, yes! I meant to answer this email the other day when I saw someone answered my question about ARC, but gee forgot.

These are the ARC's.

FLYING W FARMS LITTLE RED RANGER - A 04356

| | | | |[07/07/1979 : S : RNR : - : DC : 30.000]

| | | | | ROSIE - UNREG.

| | | ARC BANNER - A 13530

| | | |[07/23/1986 : S : SCS : - : DC : 29.750]

| | | | | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

| | | | | SONRISAS HAJEL - A 03389

| | | | | |[05/00/1971 : S : PCS : - : - : 33.250]

| | | | | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

| | | | ARC BUNNIE HOP - A 03653

| | | | |[04/19/1981 : M : PCS : - : DC : 32.500]

| | | | | | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

| | | | | | SONRISAS HAJEL - A 03389

| | | | | | |[05/00/1971 : S : PCS : - : - : 33.250]

| | | | | | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

| | | | | ARC SQUEAKI - A 03650

| | | | | |[05/14/1976 : M : PCS : - : DC : 33.500]

| | | | | | ARC SUGAR - UNREG.

| | ARC TEGO - A 29098

| | |[06/19/1989 : S : PPA : BT : - : 27.750]

| | | | | LITTLE RANGER - UNREG.

| | | | FLYING W FARMS LITTLE RED RANGER - A 04356

| | | | |[07/07/1979 : S : RNR : - : DC : 30.000]

| | | | | ROSIE - UNREG.

| | | ARC TAFFY - A 17348

| | | |[05/02/1987 : M : RNR : DN : - : 31.500]

| | | | BROWN SUGAR - UNREG.

| T RED BANNER - A 47708

| |[05/03/1992 : S : RNR : PQ : - : 30.500]

This is the mare and her 2007 filly!

th_StarandBaby6-23.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Not a problem! I have actually seen your boy-he is beautiful! Yep-Lollipop did a pretty darn good job. I think he is a VERY VERY under rated sire. He is in the pedigrees of quite a few Champion horses. My great granparents really did a great job of breeding horses before their time. If you ever want an amazing broodmare-go ARC. All the time my great grandma brings over old pictures so if I ever come across a picture of Lolli Pop you'll be the first to know!

mizbeth-I know ALL of those horses!! ARC Tego...wow... well he was not a palomino pinto...he was a dun tovero that was almost ALL white. The same year he was born we had a colt that was IDENTICAL to him--right down to the very last spot. It was CRAZY. We have a picture of those two standing nost to nose and you CANNOT tell them apart. I believe Tego was named after my brother, Teagan.

ARC Banner--Banner was a 'blonde' dun or otherwise known as a very very light red dun. He was my grand grandma's favorite stallion of all time. Sooooo refined. He was a babe. Died very early though due to pneumonia I believe. Didn't get to sire too many foals. My great grandma still has a look alike daughter of his if that shows you how much she liked him
default_wub.png

Rowena-head2.jpg

Rowena-1.jpg

Terrible picture but shows the color that her and Banner shared.

ARC Taffy was a small heavy set mare that we sold around 96' ish. She was a red roan with a big blaze and blue eyes. Her sire FWF Little Red Ranger was a small red stallion that my great grandpa used ALOT because he was good for downsizing...he had a lot of BIG mares. Most pushed 38" I think. It was when the registry first opened and he just went around and bought super nice ponies for cheap. ARC Bunnie Hop was a red dun roan pinto. She was the sweetest little mare and so very pretty. We owned her up until her death at the age of 30. That birth date was wrong. She was an OLD gal. Gave us a pretty bay pinto colt when she was about 28...we had no idea she was in foal. Hope this helps. I have pictures of these horses that I can scan and send you when i get back to the farm if you'd like them.

Back