Anyssa Park Foaling Thread~Gypsy,colt 9/8, Ruby colt 20/8.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok now looks like the cam is running in quad mode. how many cameras are we going to add?? I still see no Ruby but am assuming that she may be out for the day.

hey guys sorry I haven't been around for the weekend lol will update you all on my thread.

Here is an update and introduction to Ruby from Renee
default_smile.png

"CAM LINK http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=anyssapark

Ruby is next up to foal. She is actually further along that Gypsy was, but Gypsy beat her to it
laughter01.gif

Ruby is a 31" maiden mare. She looks totally ready in every way, except her udder, but of course, being a maiden mare, she may not bag right up anyway. Her butt is loose, her hoohar is relaxed, her belly is dropped etc. She is 317 days today, i dont expect her to hold on for too much longer, but we will see...

We have awful, freezing weather here at the moment and howling winds, so i decided it was best to move Gypsy and her new foal to a different stable, and get Ruby in under cam and out of the weather as well...

Ruby is NOT wearing a halter alarm at this stage, so if you see anything that makes you think she may foal, please do call! I will be checking in on her several times a night, but as i have a new baby, and i dont think she is totally ready to foal yet, i will not be staying up through the nights just yet...

This is Ruby

931999.jpg

And this is Warrior, who she is in foal to

922016.jpg

Thanks for watching!!
smile1.gif

Edited to add:

Ruby will be turned out during the day, from around 7-8am onwards, unless she looks really close to foaling. She will come back in at approx 5pm each night, and the cam turned back on."

I am so excited to see what she has!! she is such a gorgeous mare, and warrior is a stunning stallion!!!!! LOL gorgeous baby for sure! :D

last night was a bit exciting! she seemed to be doing some thing so we were watching her for a bit and she has progressed a little more this morning now has 1/2 full udder... and today Renee said she kept lying down flat then couldn't get comfortable so went sternal again and back and forth for about an hour!! so hopefully it will be soon! hoping either tonight or tomorrow... otherwise hoping she holds off till the weekend... as Renee and her husband have to go out his pop is really very sick and its a fair way away Renee is stressing alot because she thinks Ruby will foal while they are away... but she has our friend Karen staying there while they are gone... she has Lai Lai miniatures and comes onto LB occassionally. so thats a relief! really hoping Ruby is a good girl though and doesn't foal while Renee is away... scary stuff!

looking at Ruby tonight I think she has hollowed out a fair bit compared to last night... that baby is looking like its in position to me (I'm still such a novice so if any of you think not please correct me
default_smile.png
)

anyway sleepy time for me, if you see anything please text or call myself or Renee I can get through to Renee if we have to
default_smile.png

Keeping my fingers crossed that Ruby will be a good girl and wait for Renee to return from her trip. I know she is very busy, especially with a new baby, but I would love to have an update on Gypsy and her new little colt if possible Cassie?

better yet, how bout some pictures of him? lol hre is Anyssa Park UItimate Gladiator at 4 days old
default_smile.png

he is sooo cute!

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

he is doing really well and Renee thinks she will keep him and use him as her next season show gelding
default_smile.png
so thats very very exciting!! ;D

Renee said she thinks Ruby is going to hang on till she gets back so hopefully she will be a good girl and take mummy's instructions
default_smile.png

g4.jpg

Oh thank you Cassie/Renee, he is really cute!! I'm sure he will make a great show gelding in the future.
default_yes.gif

I too hope that Ruby has been listening to her instructions!

isn't he gorgeous!!! :D

Ruby so far has been following the instructions... the foaling alarm is playing up on them at the moment though :/ so any extra eyes watching her at night would be appreciated for Renee and Karen,

I have her up beside my bed and wake up several times during the night to check on her... but any extra eyes are much appreciated
default_smile.png

will get an update from Karen shortly

update from Renee

"Im home! And darling Ruby waited for me
love.gif

She has progressed since i left, with her udder now being quite full and firm, just teats to fill, and she's fairly sunken in the flanks, so i think foal has moved into position.

HUUUUGE thank you Karen for staying here and looking after her with my mum while i was away! xo And thank you all for watching her for me.
bighug.gif
bighug.gif

The other cameras turned up while i was away, so i will set up the outside camera tomorrow"

sounds like Ruby is getting close
default_smile.png
so just in time for Renee to get home, what a good girl she was for waiting for her mummy
default_smile.png

I will have her up, and I check on her during the night, though any extra eyes are appreciated as she is on the home stretch... if only she would give that memo to Bree's girls LOL
default_whistling.gif

Hi everyone!

Thank you all so much for watching, and thank you HEAPS to Cassie for the thread, updating everyone and keeping an eye on my girls
default_smile.png
bighug.gif
bighug.gif
Sorry i dont get on here very often, I constantly seem to be wondering where the time went lately! But i will do my best to pop on when i can. I just wanted to thank you all for watching
default_smile.png

YAY Renee, has jumped on here
default_smile.png

update this morning, poor little Gator (Gypsy's foal) has had a tough time with Gypsy's foal heat, poor little guy has scours pretty bad... thinking of you little guy...

"well i am pretty convinced that Gator is not drinking much, or at all right now. He nuzzles under Gypsy, gets her milk streaming, but doesnt latch on, he just stands there. So we will be loading them up to go to the vet in an hour or so. He is still quite bright, but his poop isnt firming up any, so if he isnt drinking, hes going to dehydrate quickly.

Rubys udder seems to be filling in the teats now
smiley.gif

I couldnt get in to the vets until 11am, as the vets are all out on farm calls (none anywhere near me!) so i am leaving in 15mins to take him. My husband will be home to keep an eye on Ruby, but he also has our baby to look after, so may get distracted, so if you see anything that needs attention, please call me, or his number is 0404057691

Thank you

Renee"

internet has just dropped out for Renee again, poor thing must be so frustrating for her! she is aware and is looking at changing internet providers... hopefully they can sort it out for her!

thanks for anyone who has been watching the lovely Ruby
default_smile.png

update from Renee,

udder full and firm, cow patty poops and major V belly!!! Ruby could foal tonight!!

I told her she needs to take another trip to the post office LOL (as thats when Gypsy foaled LOL) she agreed

so any extra eyes are appreciated
default_smile.png

Sending good wishes and prayers for a smooth and safe foaling for Ruby.

Prayers also for little Gator - hope he will be better really soon, bless him.
default_yes.gif

Hey Renee
default_smile.png

Fingers crossed for a safe foaling tonight!

Have you tried the Tuffrock Foal Guard liquid? I've heard of it helping some foals through foal heat scours.

Latest posts

Back