Anyone near Ft Collins Colorado?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floridachick

Reaction score
Anyone near Ft Collins? Has anyone pulled a black and white 33" mare from Auction up there? She was in with large horses at the auction. It was 2 yrs ago. She is very correct and cute as a button. Just wondering what her past is.
Picture378.jpg

Picture149-1.jpg

Picture153.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to the auction, I used to live in Ft Collins. Its actually quite a nice little auction... they run about once every two or three months. I don't know the paticular horse though, I wasn't there three years ago.

I am completly not sure, but I think I may know that mare.

If she is the horse I am thinking of, then her name is Moe. First of all, she can't lead worth crap, we always called her the cow. I am 40 min below Ft. Collins in Berthoud.

She sold from my trainers house about 3 years ago, and to be honest I don't know much about her at all. She does look really familiar though. I will ask PJ more about what her markings were and such and get back to you though.

I am about 45 minutes north of Ft. Collins in Laramie. You might want to contact Sandii Turner of Quartermoon Farm. She knows where most of the mini people are around here.

Jean

I've been to the auction, I used to live in Ft Collins. Its actually quite a nice little auction... they run about once every two or three months. I don't know the paticular horse though, I wasn't there three years ago.

thanks

I am completly not sure, but I think I may know that mare.

If she is the horse I am thinking of, then her name is Moe. First of all, she can't lead worth crap, we always called her the cow. I am 40 min below Ft. Collins in Berthoud.

She sold from my trainers house about 3 years ago, and to be honest I don't know much about her at all. She does look really familiar though. I will ask PJ more about what her markings were and such and get back to you though.
She was sold July 2003 LOL Yep we called her a bull in a CHINA shop when we first picked her up she would plow you over and thru you. She is coming along now but still has her moments. HATES To be caught. Thanks for any leads.

Kari..does she have reg papers?? she looks very much like MY mare.. the markingsj, conformation, and everything ...wondering if they might be related

Hey Hill, she is supposedly registered AMHR BUT no one can get me the papers. :eek: What a mess. She is a lil brick $#@@ (*!! LOL

Just called her old owner. Apparently she just had a baby up in Nebraska, and that she is living with Amish people.

The markings are exact though. Kinda scary.

Hi, did you get my private email reply on her? In case you didn't, I don't recognize her, but the Centennial Auction runs horses every Wednesday year round..it's a kill buyers auction too, so glad she's outta there at least! I'll call some folks we helped rescue minis with..every Wed some of us went to get the minis out of the killer hands. Their are a ton of pet minis in the Northern CO area and lots of breeders, some of which do sell there
default_sad.png
I'll make some more calls and see if I can locate any info..stay tuned~

Thank you so much. I am glad she is here, Just wish I knew something about what may have happened to her. Maybe I don't want to know. I can't imagine people throw minis in with the big horses headed for slaughter to fend for themselves. :no:

I can't imagine people throw minis in with the big horses headed for slaughter to fend for themselves. :no:

hard to believe isn't it... in fact a lot of people don't believe it happens - after all, they say, how much money can you make off that small of a horse? well, bottom line is it depends on what you paid for it so if you pick one up cheap of course you can make money selling it by the pound for slaughter! we ransomed two off the slaughter truck last year, the poor little mare had a big cut on her face from being kicked by a big horse, should have been stitched but of course they didn't care because of her destination! i am happy to report that both have found loving adoptive homes and the mare's cut healed really well despite not having stitches :aktion033: i contacted both prior owners via info on the health certificates as they came over state lines. no response on the gelding but the little mare's owner was horrified to find out, she sold her filly thinking she would go to a nice family!

SICK I tell ya! I am all too aware of slaughter, I rescue/rehab/ gentle wild Mustangs and I can not tell you how many go to slaughter. THere are so many 3 strikers and non branded Sheldon horses out there
default_sad.png
I just couldn't imagine MINIS!!! :eek: I mean what do they make $50 off it one GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

If you PM me I will give you the name and number of the person I believe to be the breeder of this little mare. Do you have any papers on her? A Brand Inspection perhaps?
default_smile.png

Hey Jamie, just for the record this little mare is not "Mo". Silly Mo as we call her.
default_wink.png
:

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help and leads. No papers, they never came :no:

Latest posts

Back