Any luck returning software?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivin*me*buggy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought a program called My DVD 9 by Roxio that I was hoping would help me easily edit video and also create awesome slideshows. Well, all it has done is to give me a headache. It freezes up but the biggest frustration is I get my slideshow ready to burn and click the burn project button and it sits at 0% and does NOTHING. My computer is only a couple months old and is supposed to be set up to be a digital imaging powerhouse
default_wink.png
: and I have used the burner before so I know it is this program.

I see on my receipt for Staples (where I bought this demon program) says it gives refunds only for unopened software and exchanges for the another of the same title if the software was opened, wich why would I want another if this one was driving me nuts?

Any ideas on how I could sweet talk them into giving me my $50 bucks back?

Angie

Probably not as in the US most software that has been opened is unreturnable once opened. Try selling it on Ebay, you may recoup some of your money.

I bought in the last week a piece of Hardware that plugged into the USB port and would be able to use it as a TV port. See TV and VCR tapes on the computer. Now one of them said minimum of 512 of RAM, but I tried to put in the Software anyways. Didn't work, Brought it back tried a smaller unit, try to Load the Software, and it would not load on my machine, Took it back, Tried a 3rd and smaller one yet, Could not get the software to load, Took it back also to Best Buy and Each time with No Questions asked they refunded the money~! Even After I had Loaded the Software on my computer. Course they "really" did not know I did not try to Load the software, ah too bad sooo sad. But in any case they took all 3 items back with no problem what so ever. Now they KNEW this PCTV thing had software~!

So anyways good luck giver it a try nothing to lose and everything to gain in trying to take back that My DVD 9 back. Also I was Very Careful in opening any and all plastic bags things were wrapped in and so I could then seal them back up. Also the package itself I resealed with tape again. Even the plastic bag the Software CD Discs were in, and put them back in and closed the bag back up with Scotch Tape like they were before.

sh, see you were returning hardware technically which is a different story altogether. Due to the vastness of piracy, software is usualy not returnable when opened. it does not hurt to check, but don't get your hopes up.the laws in US are very stringent on that!

Latest posts

Back