"The Public" just gotta laugh and go on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
As a manager of a Feed/Retail store, I've got to say as the economy has gone down hill, the general public has become somewhat,,,well, let's say not so nice and even less reasonable.

Wanted to share a few entertaining stories with you,,, gosh, I hope it's just not me.
default_smile.png

This has all happened within the past 10 days.

We had a lady return an empty needle. It was a 5 way shot for a dog. When she went to give the dog the shot, the dog moved, she pushed on the handle and all the medicine came out,,,did not go into the dog. So she was returning it to get another full one,,,after all it wasn't her fault the dog moved.

We had a wind storm one day, this older lady comes in carrying a picture of a flag pole all bent over. She wants a refund on the broken pole, just from the picture. The flag pole was only 5 1/2 years old,,,it only had 3 flags on it and the wind blew it over. A flag pole should be guaranteed for life and she wanted another one. My store hasn't been here quite that long either.

A guy came in with a receipt for a hitch for a Blazer. He bought it 4 months ago. The Blazer quit running, too much to get it fixed so he sold it to a junk yard, he wanted his money back for the hitch,,,and oh, it's still on the Blazer.

And my favorite!

A lady bought a $30 Carhart shirt, she got ink on the front, and it wouldn't wash out!! She wanted her money back.

Sometimes I have to ask huh, several times because it seems so unreal, other times I get a little giggle out of it, and still other times I want to scream,,,you have got to be kidding me,,,but I don't.

Maybe if the economy improves it will get better, or the stories will.

Just unreal! Tell the idiot with the ink, hairspray will get the ink out. I can't believe how stupid people really can be. I guess thats why I love and work with animals. Wow! You must have the patience of a Saint!

Oh man, forgot another good one.

A guy wanted to exchange a bag of dog food. No receipt and he can't bring it back in. It was really bad, probably poison, so he burried it to make sure no animal got a hold of it.

By the way, statements in this post were what the customer actually said.

OMG!
default_new_shocked.gif
These stories need to be PUBLISHED! Can I share them???

Let me know and I will give YOU credit!
default_laugh.png

You can use them, but don't give me credit,,,some one may think it was me who said it.
default_smile.png

And these were the short versions! All were several minute long explainations. I guess if you pay that much for a shirt, anything and everything should wash right out if there.
default_smile.png

thank you for the Laugh I need that. I have heard the same stories when I worked for Dollar General!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_please.gif

WOW!!! Our society is getting dumber by the day.... geese..... And yes, hairspray will take ink off of anything. Doesn't the person know about "home remedies"?!?!

Carolyn, that made my day!!!!!!!
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png

Yeesh, what is wrong with people??

The gal with the ink that wouldn't wash out--how foolish is she--she should have taken the shirt back to where she bought the pen, and complained that the pen ruined her shirt and therefore the seller of the pen should make it good for the price of the ruined shirt.
default_laugh.png
default_wacko.png
After all, it was clearly the fault of the pen, not the shirt.
default_biggrin.png

I guess we shouldn't be surprised--it's the same kind of thinking that causes people to sue the fast food place when they spill hot coffee & get burned while driving....

My personal favorite:
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

A guy came in with a receipt for a hitch for a Blazer. He bought it 4 months ago. The Blazer quit running, too much to get it fixed so he sold it to a junk yard, he wanted his money back for the hitch,,,and oh, it's still on the Blazer.

Yeesh, what is wrong with people??
I live in the same town as Carolyn, and I'm thinking it might be something in the water.
default_biggrin.png

Hey Carolyn, My horses halters have faded. Can you please exchange them for new ones?

And oh, I didn't buy them from you.
default_new_shocked.gif

I know we are not the only place getting these. Also wanted to say, we also have some wonderful people come in and I love talking with them.

Oh man Marty I wish I knew, our return anything from anywhere day was on Monday. But if we have another one I will be sure to let you know!

People are stupid.
default_rolleyes.gif
We were at a park yesterday, lady parked in a clearly marked no parking zone and got towed. Couldnt understand why. D U H !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If its in the water, then its national
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the great laugh this A.M. Those were too funny. May I add one??

We do alot of catering and had a business BBQ for a group. We had a chaffer dish out on the table filled w/BBQ chicken 1/4s

(Wings and Breast..white meat ) and (Thighs and Legs...dark meat ) our server went to pass a lady a piece of the dark meat and she was horrified "I DONT EAT DARK MEAT"......

"Oh thats no problem mam' I have plenty of white meat right here"

" Do you have any that have not been touching the dark meat....I hate it when the dark touches the white"

"I'm sorry mam but they are all cooked together and we cant guarantee that a particular piece of chicken was not touching another piece"

" Thats ABSURD!! WHAT IF IM ALLERGIC TO DARK MEAT" blah, blah,

She went storming off to speak to the owner ( my husband )...I think she ended up w/the riot act and I cant remember what happened ...he most likely refunded her the $$

Lady the white and dark run around together for years before it even gets on your plate!!

P.S.

IF ANYONE ON LB RAISES ALL WHITE MEAT CHICKENS SOUTHERN ACCENTS CATERING WILL PAY TOP DOLLAR, THANKS!!

Dear lord, people can be so dumb. I stopped keeping notes of calls I get here at the nurse line and it's really too bad, they made great conversation starters! Some people can be so stupid.
default_rolleyes.gif

Leia

LMAO!
default_laugh.png
Too funny!!

I work with the public as well and we get some real "winners" in here, too....I just
default_rolleyes.gif
at most of them (after they leave the store, of course....LOL!)
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

LOL. I don't miss my days in retail. When I worked for JC Penney, my department had a notebook where we wrote all the crazy things people would say or do at our store. It was one of the best things we ever did. When we started our shift we would look to see if there was anything new from the day before or earlier that day. Great way to start the day, we would laugh so hard at some of the things people would do. If only they could have seen themselves from our point of view.

OMG those are GOOD!
default_laugh.png

People like that are why they print directions of use on bars of soap!
default_wacko.png

For $30, she expected a "magic" shirt? LOL

I love all these stories!

Latest posts

Back