AMHR Futurity Payback

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was not jumping all over her and sorry if it came off that way. That is why I asked what they paid to and such. Lyn explained it I had heard before only to 5th and others say no which is what I asked. I have not shown in the futurity before and I would honestly say that I would have had no idea what place got what amount of money and could have thought it was possible to get that as well until this thread

Oh for gosh sakes you people!! No wonder the forum gets such a bad rep.

Keul NEVER stated half of what you guys keep quoting. What to do when reading these threads, is start with the OP..Original Poster, read all the replies and then go back and RE-READ the OP...then formulate a reply..you guys have all the posts mixed up into Keul's....geeesh

Anyways,

Keul..the AMHR screwed up, not you. If you had not paid your nominations ahead of time and then tried to show in the Futurity I am darnED sure the AMHR would have stopped you dead at the gate.

The AMHR has had NOTHING but on-going problems since I joined. The "arbitrary" rules that apply to some and not others, the so-called web site that is NEVER up dated, the emails that never go answered, the wishy washy intrepretation of the rule book/measuring etc etc and now this???

Dear AMHR MEMBERSHIP....is this what we pay our money for???? Lets try to send representatives to the Convention that will...

1. STAND UP AND BE HEARD

2. MAKE SURE THEY ARE REALLY HEARD

3. TAKE OUR CONCERNS DIRECTLY OFF THIS BOARD AND HAND THEM OUT

4. MAKE OUR DIRECTORS MORE ACCOUNTABLE

5. GET THE AMHR ON BETTER FOOTING AS AN ORGANIZATION THAT IS BENEFITING ME THE MEMBER

and last but not least

6. TAKE OUT A FULL PAGE AD IN THE JOURNAL OH GREAT HEAD OFFICE OF THE AMHR AND MAKE AN darn APOLOGY FOR THE MULTI and ON-GOING SCREW UPS..WE THE PEOPLE WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

Thank heavens for the Directors that do post here, however, the info has never ever been given to me officially by the AMHR...

If there are more people required in the office, so be it, have a real life job competition/interview comittee. But in all honesty, these screw-ups keep reminding me of why the AMHR has to drag the $$ out of me for my membership, as in so far I have nothing to show for my $$, except some registration papers (oh yeah there are other registries) and an AMHR H.O.F....yipee...it makes it all worth while...NOT

Stick to your guns Keul...and my attorney agrees with yours I'm sure :bgrin

Kim
And the people all shouted, "AAAMEN!" And the truth shall set you free.

ajesse, are you one of the "concerned members" group that was (is?) involved in the lawsuit against AMHR?

I'm just curious because you sound so vitriolic against AMHR.

ajesse, are you one of the "concerned members" group that was (is?) involved in the lawsuit against AMHR?
I'm just curious because you sound so vitriolic against AMHR.
Tabitha...

Ajesse is actually quoting me..I have no beef with the AMHR other than they should work for my money.

Kim

Well, again, this is a misreading of words. I didn't say anything about me suing AMHR, but I did say that it could be a good law suit if AMHR keeps this kind of ignorance up. They're liable to run across someone who isn't afraid to take legal action and then where would they be. I am concerned because I don't understand how somethin like this could go unchecked. I have never heard about this happening in the large breed registries. Not saying it never happened; I've just never heard it happening and neither has anyone else I know with large horses had this kind of thing done to them. So why is the mini registry different? I also have a friend who is into mini's and I help her sometimes at shows. I have no mini's myself, but it doesn't take a genious to figure out how screwed up this was. As far as the AMHR goes, I've got nothing against them, it's the irresponsibility that hacks me off. If money is soooo important to them, then why didn't they keep better track of who it was suppose to go to? I'm vitriolic towards the person(s) that created this whole mess to begin with. No kind of common sense was used in the money and winnings management of the whole thing. That's what irritates me.

OK we are all human. Look at our Goverments, :new_shocked:

What about banks, do you not owe them back with their mistakes.

I agree there should be sometime to pay it back, but must be paid back. Sooner the better, so the true winner gets what is coming to them.

What about the person that did win and nothing?
default_wink.png
:

Tabi, I was wondering the same thing.

ajesse, no misreading of your post on Tabitha's part--since you don't have minis you wouldn't know, but awhile back there was a lawsuit launched against AMHR by a group of "concerned members". That is what Tabitha was referring to when she asked if you were one of "them". When I read your previous posts that was the thought that crossed my mind too, you must be one of that group judging by the way you seemed so down on AMHR, and going by a few of your statements. Don't ask me about the lawsuit, the stuff I've read on it didn't make any sense to me at all, but I think that lawsuit is the reason that the individuals in charge of the Futurity resigned and the office was forced to take over from them. (Investigation showed no wrongdoing on the part of those individuals, but the lawsuit continued & really who needs that kind of irritation--the people resigned.) Perhaps blame those concerned members for this mess!? Like others have said, it was better before.

I agree with Kim that the club should put its money to work for its members, but I'd have a big issue with a club that didn't try to recoup monies from members when an error such as this occurs.

Tabi, I was wondering the same thing.

ajesse, no misreading of your post on Tabitha's part--since you don't have minis you wouldn't know, but awhile back there was a lawsuit launched against AMHR by a group of "concerned members". That is what Tabitha was referring to when she asked if you were one of "them". When I read your previous posts that was the thought that crossed my mind too, you must be one of that group judging by the way you seemed so down on AMHR, and going by a few of your statements. Don't ask me about the lawsuit, the stuff I've read on it didn't make any sense to me at all, but I think that lawsuit is the reason that the individuals in charge of the Futurity resigned and the office was forced to take over from them. (Investigation showed no wrongdoing on the part of those individuals, but the lawsuit continued & really who needs that kind of irritation--the people resigned.) Perhaps blame those concerned members for this mess!? Like others have said, it was better before.

I agree with Kim that the club should put its money to work for its members, but I'd have a big issue with a club that didn't try to recoup monies from members when an error such as this occurs.
That may be true, but still the point is it should have never happened to begin with. It did and now everyone is having to re-adjust everything due to someone elses negligence. I'm not down on the registry itself, just those running it. I wanted to join, but I'm hearing a lot of complaints about it. I own a horse, but would like to get into mini's for something a little different, but if this appears to be an ongoing problem-amongst others-I'm not too sure if I want to put my money into something that can't manage its funds responsibly. I never have had any problems like this from the USDF or USEF. Honestly, if you found out stuff like this was going on before you joined, wouldn't you think twice before joining? That level of incompetance makes a registry, or anything else, look bad.

ajesse78,

I'm not sure what type of mini you are wanting but if you stay with just the A size there is another club called the AMHA (not sure if you know this or not). So far I haven't heard much complaints on them except they are a little higher priced to show with (but not at all the shows). You might want to look into them. I went to my first AMHA show earler this year and other then the fact it was burning hot, it was really fun. Nice group of people. So don't give up totaly on the minis, there are other clubs!

As far as the AMHR if you are just wanting to show they are a good club to. I've really never had much problems out of them before this whole Futurity thing. So I will stall show with the AMHR because I like the people I show with and well I just have a lot of fun, but you can count me out of the Futurity program.

I really hope this topic didn't run you off from getting a mini. You don't know what your missing!
default_smile.png

As I read this, my biggest thing is,,,,,,,,,,creatures called humans made the mistake, and as one of those creatures,,,,,,,I have done the same,,,,,,more than once. :bgrin

IMO, they did what I would do. The error was caught,,,,corrections are being made to the best of their ability, and more than that can not be done. Can not go back and fix it, hopefully learn from it and make the next payout correct.

We all screw up a time or two, but can only fix it the best we can.

If you will not put up with human mistakes, don't be involved in anything that involves humans at the other end. When it comes to an honest mistake,,,, I'll only have a cow over, and file a suit over,,,,,,,the day I become perfect.

[SIZE=14pt]KUEL, AMHA has its own problems.... they have fired whole groups of office people twice in the last two years..... lots of inner office termoil there too with presidents, dirrectors, the head of registrations all being asked to leave...... Every registry has issues...... You just havent been in the minis as long as some of the rest of us who have been thru a few purging processes. The office taking over the futurity has only been for the past year or two. Before that the Mini futurity was taken care of by Dale and Shirley Lutke and the shetland futurity by Doc and Shirley Tayor. Transition has not been easy for anyone. I think for people that have not been participating in the futurities for more than a year or two, it really isnt right of them to judge how things have been handled. It is a huge undertaking and not for the faint of heart.... We appreciate all they have done for us to be able to continue the program at all![/SIZE]

Lyn

If you will not put up with human mistakes, don't be involved in anything that involves humans at the other end. When it comes to an honest mistake,,,, I'll only have a cow over, and file a suit over,,,,,,,the day I become perfect.

boy isnt that the truth

If you are under the impression that mistakes dont happen in all registries big and small and that they dont have there issues as well you are sadly mistaken

Last edited:
As I read this, my biggest thing is,,,,,,,,,,creatures called humans made the mistake, and as one of those creatures,,,,,,,I have done the same,,,,,,more than once. :bgrin
[SIZE=12pt]...and when you combine human errror and computers, things get REALLY complicated! I'm one of the people who hasn't received my futurity money yet, and my horse placed 3rd. Barbara did receive the check for her filly last week. It'll happen eventually and I'm willing to give them a little time to sort it out. Yes, I WANT it now, but in years past it took months to receive Futurity payments, because it was being run by volunteers who worked thier B U T T S off, for nothing and very little thanks. Mere weeks are not going to tick me off too badly right now.[/SIZE]

Also, AMHA has had MAJOR problems, for YEARS, they aren't pure as the driven snow as most of us who have been around a while know VERY well. If you want to see gross examples of nepotism, just do a little research. It has been cleaned WAY up in recent years, due to some pretty great people we know here on the Forum
default_wink.png
:

Also, ASPC/AMHR is GROWING and growing comes with growing pains. For those of you recently come to AMHR, you don't know that in the 14 years *I* have been showing at AMHR Nationals, it has gone from 250 horses in a small arena in Illinois to almost 2000 horses, at one of the best facilities in the country! That growth is indicative of the entire registry.

15 years ago the registry was in COMPLETE disarray and near collapse, vastly understaffed and underfunded. People who are are STILL involved in the ASPC/AMHR stepped up (again with little thanks and much criticism) and made changes that made the growth in recent years POSSIBLE and PROBABLE. Larry Parnell was one of those people and I have nothing but the upmost respect for him.

Yes, I'm unhappy these mistakes were made, but they were MISTAKES. Yes, I believe the problems will be resolved as quickly as possible and stronger safeguards will be in place, as soon as they can figure out HOW to do it. No, I'm not even CONSIDERING seperating myself in an way, shape or form from ASPC/AMHR. I'm here for the long haul
default_yes.gif
:

Here is an update for everyone.

I spoke with Joe again today and I was very pleased. He was very polite today and we have gotten everything worked out. I can do everything with the registry just like I use to. No problems selling horses or transfers or anything of that matter just as long as I keep up on my end of the deal.

So please do not talk about my problem anymore because it is no longer an issue. I will still be showing with the AMHR and AMHA. I still stand by what I said about the Futurity though. I will not be doing the Futurity Program until I fell the kinks have been worked out.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

IMO, they did what I would do. The error was caught,,,,corrections are being made to the best of their ability, and more than that can not be done. Can not go back and fix it, hopefully learn from it and make the next payout correct.

We all screw up a time or two, but can only fix it the best we can.

Okay, first of all, I am quite aware of the "human" situation. I, by no means, am perfect. But, when you get a screw up like this then have someone telling you that you have a week to correct their mistake or suffer the consequences (if you read, they told Kuel to get another credit card and Kuel made the comment that they were rude to her/him) then it's time for legal action. Don't sit there and act like you wouldn't "have a cow" on that. I've only been wrapped up in one law suit in my life and that was a car accident last year where an idiot woman ran a stop sign, hit me, totalled my car, broke my wrist, and on top of that she left the scene and was only cited for failure to stop at a stop sign. I just settled this year. I'm by no means one of those suit-happy people, but when it comes to unfair treatment such as this, then it warrants a suit. And as far as "...don't be involved in anything that involves humans...", I spent four years in the military and the last three years working the county jail. I've seen every mistake known to man, so I am quite familiar with messed up humans are and I am one of them too, but when it comes to others' consideration, I am a lot more stringent about things. If I didn't think I could handle a responsibilty, such as other peoples money, then I would seek professional help or double check myself and if that won't do, I would turn it over to someone more responsible than I. Thank you for informing me about how stupid people are.

boy isnt that the truth

If you are under the impression that mistakes dont happen in all registries big and small and that they dont have there issues as well you are sadly mistaken
Okay, again, you have thoroughly misread my post. I said that I personally never witnessed this kind of stuff from the larger registries. I didn't say they never happened, I just said that I've never seen it happen.

ajesse78,

I'm not sure what type of mini you are wanting but if you stay with just the A size there is another club called the AMHA (not sure if you know this or not). So far I haven't heard much complaints on them except they are a little higher priced to show with (but not at all the shows). You might want to look into them. I went to my first AMHA show earler this year and other then the fact it was burning hot, it was really fun. Nice group of people. So don't give up totaly on the minis, there are other clubs!

As far as the AMHR if you are just wanting to show they are a good club to. I've really never had much problems out of them before this whole Futurity thing. So I will stall show with the AMHR because I like the people I show with and well I just have a lot of fun, but you can count me out of the Futurity program.

I really hope this topic didn't run you off from getting a mini. You don't know what your missing!
default_smile.png
Oh, well that sounds like a good deal. Can you tell me more?

I feel sorry for you all about the mess up, however, I will tell you that if a credit card company or a bank puts funds into your account in error, they dont care if you spend it or not, or how long it has been, they are taking it back, once the error is discovered.

I do admit, what a great inconvenience for everyone involved. Does the original poster have ANY money coming for placings? If so, then why can't she just repay the difference, not the whole thing?

Wow, what a mess!!

P.S. Lyn J, I agree wholeheartedly with your last comment above.

On a more positive note, it was very big of "Joe" (whoever he is) to set things straight with Kuel. Now that does take a big person to do. The world is full of people who won't take accountability for their actions and worse yet, blame others for their mistakes. I know, I worked around murderers, thieves, rapists, child molesters, gang members, and so on a so forth for the last three years. So, KUDOS to Joe.

Latest posts

Back