AMHR Futurity Payback

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjc

Reaction score
default_wacko.png
: I just received a call from a friend who was just informed by AMHR that the Futurity Payback check sent to her was not hers and the money has to be repaid - they miscalculated on all THREE of her horses. Has this happened to anyone else?

[SIZE=14pt]never had that happen before.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Hey, you know what they say "things" happen. Not such a big deal. Not like they are telling her she doesnt get any money........just that they made a mistake. How do you know the "mistakes" won't be in her favor and mean more money? And if not, it wasn't her money anyway.

Heck, I got a check for my yearling filly, and she wasn't even AT Nationals, lol! :lol: She was sustained in the Futurity but I ended up not letting her go.

I contacted my Director and she checked into it and said that there was a massive mix-up, and to send the check back. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
default_smile.png

[SIZE=14pt]I actually got a second check in the mail today for a little bit more...seems they had marked my placing wrong and they owed me a little more.[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=12pt] We're still waiting for our futurity checks. We did have horses place well. The screw up in question is major and I could sure use that money right now. I know Joe's working on it as fast as he can, but I'm interested to find out how so MANY mistakes were made. :no:[/SIZE]

I didn't place in the futurity but I did receive checks WITH notes stating that my horse had moved up one or more places do to disqualification's of another animal(s). I honestly thought that the money was mine due to the note enclosed. So, I cashed the checks and paid off my vet bill. Today I received notice that they had made a mistake and need their money back. I called the AMHR today to make arrangements for a payment plan so I could return their money. I was spoke to very rudely and was told that if ALL the money was not returned by the 5th I cannot do any registry work. I was also told that if I sell a horse, the horse cannot be transferred out of my name until the balance is paid off. If I do sell a horse and the transfer goes through the association they will hold it.

I got a call on Thurs morning asking me what my address was cause it seemed that my 'futurity checks' got sent back to them. I confirmed my address and they claim they are resending them. Hubby and I were puzzled cause we didn't place and didn't even make final cut with any of ours. Then Thurs afternoon, we get three letters telling us that we were placed incorrectly because of an e-mail glitch on four of our yearlings. We are to send the checks or the money back to them. Since I still haven't gotten any checks, I sure do hope I get the ones they think I did because I will be really upset if they expect repayment on something I did not even get. I plan to deal with it on Monday cause I figure that a remailed letter should be here by then and I will just mark the checks void and return and then mail them back to them. I can see a glitch or two, but so many is just a little beyond a glitch.

Angie

If it is not too personal or rude, I am curious how much can the futurity winnings add up to? I have sustained DunIT and I will as a practice futurity nominate foals since I think it will help with marketing them.

However, I never "thought" the futurity winnings would be very substantial. Now I am wondering! I have no clue as in my mind you all could be talking about $10 - thousands.

Can someone clue me in?

Last edited by a moderator:
jill i have heard amounts anywhere from 300-1000 per horse. I know the sweepstakes class was worth 4000.00 pretty big chunk of change!

how in the world did they mess the checks up this badly??

Thats really not right of them to do that to Kuelgh. Its their mistake so they should give you time to pay it back.

Had this happen to us 2 years ago. We received a check and then another that they did not figure right and we redeived more money. :bgrin

Apparently, someone put the horses in order as they were registered for the Futurity, and not as they placed. Whoops! Fortunately it didn't happen in all of the classes.

Jill

In the official pages of The Journal, I think the issue after Nationals or maybe the second issue after, they list the people who received futurity checks and the amounts they received. It's just a grand total, not a total per horse but it will give you an idea at least.

It sounds like there are re-occuring problems with the Futurity Payback - not just this year but previous as well. Maybe it needs to be monitored a tad bit better? We have just purchased a colt that will be sustained - and have another we were considering nominating for the Super G - but would like to see a little more control and less confusion.
default_wacko.png
:

[SIZE=14pt]I am willing to say... Sweet Tart placed 5th in halter and 4th which was last in roadster. The first check I received was for 475.15.....the once that came yesterday was for 68 more. The sweepstakes class isnt part of the futurity. It was the result of the stallion service auction which is now defunct. That was the last sweepstakes class ever.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I can tell you that the checks I received total up to a little over $1,800 and I just can't come up with that amount in a week! I was trying to work out a payment plan of sending them $100 ever 2 weeks. (that’s the best I can do) and Their reply to that was "apply for a credit card and put the money owed on it". I was foaming at that point.

I would also like to add I don't believe I will be donating any more money to the Futurity program if this is how I'll be treated for THEIR mistake.

I have also spoke with an attorney and I must say I was very pleased with what he had to say. The AMHR has absolutely no right to do what they are doing to me.

[SIZE=14pt]Wow!!! 1800 is a lot of money!!! You must have had several in the futurity...[/SIZE]

Actually I think there were fewer mistakes when the futurity was done by Dale Lutke and Doc Taylor.... now that it has become an office thing, Im afraid it hasn't worked out so well. No offense meant to the office, just an observation.

Lyn

lyn you know i love amhr but i have had so much trouble this year. My horses are still being put in the wrong area and I have called since may trying to get them to correct it. I also still have someone elses horses points on my horse. So it doesnt suprise me at all that the futurity is messed up. I think they need to hire an office manager. I have also heard a lot say that the futurity was much better when doc taylor had it

Latest posts

Back