AMHR Convention News (Unofficial)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As to the concept of voting on the different sections the proper manner to conduct this process was to adopt these revised bylaws as written and the to offer an amendment to them once adopted..the reason being is you cannot mix and match old and new.
So what Ray is saying is you vote the whole thing in and then go back and fix them. Im sorry thats just not a good way to do it, and there is no possible way all of that could have got done in the 2 hours we had left (if we didnt take lunch) It would be really dangerous to vote them in as is and then fix them later. If the point was to fix them why would we have to immediately fix the fixed bylaws
default_smile.png

Like dannigirl I felt these sweeping changes should have been mailed to every member of our association. This stuff is way too important and affects every member.

I feel so strongly after attending convention that we need to start using Parliamentary rule/Roberts Rules of Order. This would stop a lot of the fighting, lack of organization, lack of accurate agendas etc.

Like John said whats done is done and we all just need to move forward. I think the new board will do a great job and the future is bright. I met such awesome people, laughed until my cheeks hurt and stayed up until I couldnt keep my eyes open LOL

I would rather discuss how to get back all the members we lost and promote horses
default_smile.png

Kay

Not FIX but change them IF that is the desire of those present and voting..its each members right to offer motions but the vote is what does it...If you think about it if the people vote them in then they or at least the majority accept them...it could go on forever yes but at some point everyone must realize what they are now and what they will be if accepted is change...they are dynamic but common sense must prevail and although everyone cannot agree on everything we must have something and we must start someplace...FIX is what we do by revising the existing bylaws change is what we do for the future

Do you think we just fell off the turnip truck? I personally think it would be a huge mistake to vote in in favor of revised by-laws that we don't agree with and have those by-laws in place for the next year while people come up with new wording to "fix" those by-laws at the following convention. That is the wrong way to go about it. Each by-law should be voted on separately, if we don't like it the way it's worded we should either come up with a wording we do like or vote it down until the wording is changed to something acceptable to the majority of us. Telling us to vote it in the way it is and we can 'fix' it later is much like the witch handing Snow White the poisoned apple and saying "eat it dear, it won't hurt you"

I think that instead of tabling this proposal it would have been better to let it go to a vote and then voted down--and then with discussion on which of the by-law proposals were the issue the committee could work on rewording those specific proposals.

These proposed by-law changes should have been sent out to all members. Sure, we here had the opportunity to look at the website & read the proposals there, but there are still members who do not have computers and who do not have internet access, and those members are completely in the dark about these proposals. I did read the proposals on the website, but for something like this I much prefer to have an actual printed version that I can read and re-read when I please--with dial up internet and a very old, slow computer it's just a hassle to go to the website if I want to re-read something...and printing with this computer? Forget it, it just doesn't work.

Latest posts

Back