Adventures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, my bike isn’t “roomy” at all, but it is pretty comfy. We drove for about 2 hours today and when we got back to the van I don’t know how I got out of the bike! It felt like I had been ”riding” a horse for 2 hours! My everything was a little stiff LOL With my Aerocrown, it is very “roomy” and I can move around and adjust, so I dont think i would be as stiff driving for that long in it .… but it does weigh more, so Stormy might be more stiff if i where to go that long in it.…hmmm… I think I’d rather have my horse more comfy and pulling a lighter load 💕💕… soooo I’m good… just give me a few minutes to straighten up 🤣🤣

😂 It’s been many years, Kelly, since I’ve ridden but I do remember that too many hours in the saddle feel!

You are right to put your equine buddy first! Stormy says to take all the rime you need Mom! I’ll just stand around and visit with my fan club! 😉

I have a huge adventure coming up!! This week we settle on our new home! and another week til we start moving in!! We have bought an acre in the Northern Beaches! An acre! 10 minutes drive from the beach and 40 minutes to the city! It has a beautiful home that is a bit smaller than we are used to... we are used to having a playroom, an office and a garage for all our stuff but we are losing all of that... We will build a garage and lodgings and fencing for animals and a driveway etc! but it all takes time. We’ve just sunk ourselves into a huge debt right as everything is getting expensive!! A very big adventure indeed! Here’s our new home ... lots of bush around, a riding club with great facilities just down the road and the ocean on the horizon!

Attachments

• 40D72D9E-D306-4E86-9D82-1792DBC8EAB2.jpeg
    40D72D9E-D306-4E86-9D82-1792DBC8EAB2.jpeg
    999.9 KB · Views: 11
Congratulations! What a beautiful spot!!!

I live inland for the first time in my life and really miss being on the coast. Enjoy your new home!!!
Thank you! The move has started! It was sunny yesterday so popped to the beach with kids after taking a load! it was amazing but the erosion from all the storms and rain has cut a big slice out of the beach! 😵 Do the kids care?! not at all!! They love the beach even in the rain! 🤣

Beautiful!! Can’t wait to see you get it all set up, that’s the fun part. Best wishes to you on your new home and your new adventure! How exciting!! 💕💕
Thanks Kelly! Will be posting photos as we go! So far I’ve just started on a bit of a temporary coop for the hens! Not sure what the foxes are like in the area but want to get to building this chicken coop asap. I am going to attempt to build it myself with the help of my 2 year old and 6 year old and occasionally my husband... so it’s going to be interesting!! I feel very enthusiastic but actually have no idea what i’m doing 😭 We’ve been so lucky and never had an attack so far despite being brazenly neglectful of closing the henhouse every night. This temporary housing is not fox proof at all so really gotta get a move on and get building.

What a great weekend at the Glen Rose show! We won the best stall decorating contest! The prize is a free stall at an upcoming show! Woohoo!
2E7A6714-C4EC-439B-9F24-117124E07B94.jpeg

I am so proud of Breezy! He did awesome at his second show. The amateur obstacle class was large but he still managed to bring home a second place ribbon! He is an AMAZING little horse, I’m looking forward to future shows with him.
A79CB4A5-0243-406F-BCE3-3CCBF235079F.jpeg

Here we are in the adult costume contest as Princess & the Frog. So FUN! Clearly he is happy 🤣
C879227B-A71F-48F0-8F7D-8CD448A083B7.jpeg

And finally the showmanship class. Breezy knows how to pivot at home but can’t figure it out at the show 🤣🤣 I have to remind myself, he is a 2 year old LOL
2A1B407A-F574-45C6-88C4-2E50F5C949CC.jpeg

Breezy & Me with my cute little hat 😍
0F7D94DE-D8A7-4C60-BE5D-DCB2196EA869.jpeg

Fabulous photos! Loved seeing how you worked in the tutu! I would never have guessed the Princess and the Frog! All I could think of was tutu..ballet…Swan Lake? 😂

You two look great together and your hat is adorable. I love how modest Breezy looks about the whole thing! ;) You must be very proud of both of you!

Your stall was gorgeous! Enjoy your reward!!

We had a super fun day at the Horse Park of NJ @ Stone Tavern! They had an open cones/obstacles schooling going on along with a beginner driving clinic/private lessons. The clinician was our trainer so we didn't do that so that other people could have time with her since we only live 5 minutes from her. 😅

Bee and Katie navigated a hazard beautifully for Bee's first time really going through one. She tried so hard and took direction very well. I let Katie do the hazards and cones courses with Bee because they're the ones showing this year. I just get to have fun and play around and trail drive!

We also enjoyed canter and even a surprisingly brisk gallop across the cross country fields! We always have so much fun when we get together. It's nice to have friends with minis!

If you're within a reasonable distance of NJ, definitely like the horse park's page and come attend their events. They have on-site camper hookups and stalls to rent if it's a trek for you. They host trail drives as well that go through the state park that's connected to it. So much fun!

Lastly, I'm so thankful for the van and the opportunities it brings us.

VideoCapture_20220410-163831.jpg
VideoCapture_20220410-164216.jpg
VideoCapture_20220410-164406.jpg
VideoCapture_20220410-181801.jpg
20220410_104159.jpg

Back