Adventures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kelly, CONGRATULATIONS!🎊 🥳

It's so very nice to see you having an enjoyable introduction into the show world. 😊

And Thistlebee, thank YOU for sharing your photos, too. I like the way your mare moves. The color she's wearing suits her. Your description of your little gallop makes my heart swell with memories and a bit of envy.

Sure makes me want to make plans to do things again.....

Thistlebee, what is her breeding? I'm enamored of her.🥰

If you'd be so kind as to share her pedigree I'd appreciate it greatly. If she's on allbreedpedigree.com let me know. Or you can pm me or whatever.😁 Thank you!

Julie

She's grade! I went with my friend's mom to pick up her and her dam from a dealer out near Lancaster, PA so the dam could be used for pony rides. The second I laid eyes on Bee, I knew she was meant to be mine and by the time we got home, I bought her!

Her mom looked identical to her and she came out of the womb gray so I don't even have an idea of what her sire was. She has pink spots all over, but that's the extent of her coloration lol!

We think she may be a Shetland x Mini perhaps? She borders right on 39/40 inches depending on how grown out her hooves are and who is measuring lol.

We went camping with Rocko and Annie at a horse park. There was a Spring Fling event for the Northern California miniature horse club on Saturday so we went on Friday and drove around having the whole place to ourselves except one other horse.
Then on Saturday there were 19 minis and we did a cones clinic. They also had an in hand obstacle clinic for the breed show people which I watched. Then we drove around and went through the water hazard which was really fun. It is really pretty and there are covered bridges there too.

Rocko did amazing in cones!
Since it was his first time at an event he was excited so super forward and really fun to drive.

This weekend I am volunteering at an HDT. They have some really neat obstacle courses there. I can take some photos and do a post.
Just let me know if that would be interesting.

20220422_161549.jpg20220422_151040.jpg

Last edited:
Of COURSE we'd like photos and things about the HDT! How else could we vicariously enjoy it??? 😉

I have a question about the covered bridge. It says "narrow bridge" but looks kind of low. Is the clearance high enough for the biggies, or is it designed specifically for miniatures?

They all go through the bridges on the marathon even full size horses 4 in hand. I have volunteered at the HDTs and CDEs and once I was stationed here. You come through the bridge to the water hazzard where I was stationed. Some horses balk at the bridge and some at the water. I have seen a navigator get out and lead the horse and driver through the bridge. Also seen some horses leap straight up in the air at the water. I wasn't sure Rocko would drive through the water but once he saw Annie doing it he went for it.

Latest posts

Back