Adventures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's not too bad! Unfortunately I think the Connect is too small for my 37" guy, height-wise. :( The bigger ones look to be on the F250 platform and I know from having owned one of those that the mileage is abysmal. :)
I have a Nissan NV1500! It only gets 13 miles to the gallon and it's about $80 to fill. I don't drive much so a full tank usually lasts a couple weeks unless I have tons of errands or trailer the girls places often! It was what we could afford while also having enough space since our girls are bigger. I wish we could have gotten the high roof, but it was hard enough to find this one in budget! Vans are super popular and in short supply these days so you have to snap them up quick.

Right, I drive 100 miles every day so I can't imagine driving a truck or large van really. My best thought so far has been to get a Toyota Highlander Hybrid which gets the same mileage as my current car, and a small/light trailer. I also won't have time to take Rowan places too often so I need to prioritize my daily driving needs.

I drool over this one:

http://goretrailers.com/goatandsheep4gsingle.html
😍 So cuuuuuuute! :) Interestingly I could tow that one with my current sedan if the tongue weight wasn't so much.

Wow nice spot Kelly. I like that we got all that rain but it is so green and Rocko does not like to work with all that green grass everywhere. Would love to be on a trail like that! So nice of Stormy to take you there! ❣

Stormy drug Breezy & I to Rocky Creek Park in Crowley, only 10 minutes from the house. It turned out to be a beautiful day. There is no way a cart would fit on these trails nor would I want to go to this park in the spring or summer months because the grass was taller than my ponies! I can imagine the bugs would be very bad that time of year too. So I am glad we went during the winter!!

In the first pic you can see Benbrook Lake in the distance.
5C85854D-C754-42E2-B09A-10D240E3423D.jpeg

CB02B1EB-1655-4C97-919D-0833AD4DFE2C.jpeg

B940E7F6-6CA5-4B8D-A270-EFC2418B33AE.jpeg

Stormy is always off line LOL LOL he marches to the beat of his own drum with not a care in the world 🤣

Hey Willow, the surcingle works great! Breezy walks faster so I put him in the lead. He was always dragging Stormy along, Stormy is soooooo slow! The surcingle stayed in place, didn’t move at all, nor did I have to adjust it. I had it fitting snug, but not really tight. I used a biggie blanket leg strap to connect to Stormy, I like for him to have a little elastic stretch when attached to the surcingle.

We went to our local horse park on Friday! It was tons of fun. All the horses had a really good time and we finally had nice paths to let loose to strong trot and canter on! We finished up by playing with some cones in the dressage court as well.

The video is too large, but I'll include the link to it on TikTok.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdDCMQX9/?k=1
20220304_131701.jpg
20220304_140608.jpg
20220304_152827.jpg

Latest posts

Back