Adventures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
🤣🤣Haha! Yes he was tied up to the rail under a car overpass. He has his halter on but you can’t see his lead rope which I assure you is tied to the rail behind him 😘 such a little sport 😂😂 I was sitting in the bench in front of him just chilling 💕

So awesome to have a good driving friend for sure! 💕

Nope, we never come across any other driving horses or ponies. We have only seen a team of horses pulling a huge wagon to give tours to folks in the Stockyards for a fee, so that doesn’t really count. Sometimes at the state parks we will come across horseback riders but so far never any drivers.

This is a pic from the Stockyards. If you zoom in you will see the team of horses, maybe mules, in the background.

IMG_2333.jpeg

That looks like a good size team back there and probably a fun ride. Not, however, as much fun as a ride in a Bentley. 😂

You’ve gone on so many trails, it is surprising not one other pony, or horse, in harness ever crossed your path! I suppose it just isn’t as popular.

You gals are real trailblazers! 😁

Took Breezy swimming 💕💕
View attachment 50584

I have a quite unreasonable fear about horses and water: it involves the harness which is likely completely unused with miniatures. It is the 'hold-down' or in the English tradition, the 'Standing Martingale". This is the strap from the halter to a chest ring on the girth strap. It prevents the horse from pulling its head towards the vertical. In deep water, this prevents the horse from keeping its nose above water - and I think of it as water torture. Only a child would not realize the danger, I know.....

Gorgeous area in your photos! Breezy is such a little trooper, sand, cliffs, water, troll hiding tunnels, all in a days work! 😍

A wonderful roomy and airy trailer for your horses. Climate makes such a difference in out trailer choices! A preference up here is the partially or fully enclosed trailer with windows you can open or close.

How many miles do you think you have on your bike, Kelly?

Always great to hear about your travels and look forward to learning where you explore in 2024!

Back