Adventures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@MaryFlora thank you so much for your kind words!!! I'm thinking the jacket in black with a bit of yellow piping around the collar and the pocket accents. Just enough, but not so much that it's tacky. And then I'll be able to use the jacket for in-hand sans apron. The apron I want to have a nice yellow border round the bottom. But I've spend enough money lately, it's going to wait a bit yet!

Hi all! Long time no talk. We have been adventuring, but haven't been doing it as much due to our friend's mini nearly dying from a vaccine reaction so we haven't gone out.

However, we have been experimenting with driving on the road, we went to the Driving Derby at the NJ Horse Park, we went to the Delmarva Driving Club Spring Show, and

WE ARE SHOWING AT DEVON!

Katie and Bee will be doing the pony classes on Memorial Day! I'll be the nervous wreck owner at the ringside. LOL. Here's a collection of photos.

**My wife Katie is usually the one shown in photos as the driver unless it's a photo of just Bee's butt. 😂 She does all the showing! I'm more of a casual trail driver and the Photographer.**

View attachment 49981
View attachment 49983
View attachment 49982
How did it go at the show?

Kelly, your weeks always sound fun and interesting! Your pony mobile will be at 200,000 miles in no time! 😂 Was it hard to not buy a horse at the sale? How were the sale prices?

It was so easy NOT buying a horse, I am really enjoying the ones I have. I went with my friend to the sale, she sold her biggie. I thought the prices at the Shawnee auction were really good for the sellers, I think it is a higher end auction, they only have it twice a year. She got really close to what she wanted so for the most part she was happy. They didn’t have too many little horses. There was this really cute little black one that was advertised at 36 inches but he was smaller than Stormy so my guess he was only 30-32 inches. I also found a really cute pony, but he had a really bad attitude. He paced his stall all pissed off and his ears penned! What a terd 🤣🤣

It was so easy NOT buying a horse, I am really enjoying the ones I have. I went with my friend to the sale, she sold her biggie. I thought the prices at the Shawnee auction were really good for the sellers, I think it is a higher end auction, they only have it twice a year. She got really close to what she wanted so for the most part she was happy. They didn’t have too many little horses. There was this really cute little black one that was advertised at 36 inches but he was smaller than Stormy so my guess he was only 30-32 inches. I also found a really cute pony, but he had a really bad attitude. He paced his stall all pissed off and his ears penned! What a terd 🤣🤣
I've been to the Shawnee sale; it is advertised as a higher end sale. But our little local horse sale has been rather high also. My sister took Princess Caroline to this sale last weekend. She is a sassy little miss and does not get along with anyone. So my sister took her to the sale. She is going to Florida to be a pasture pet for an older woman; sounds ideal for the Princess. My sister was very happy with what she brought. She said there were some littles there, right out of a pasture, and were run through as a herd. I'd have been tempted...

Y’all are probably tired hearing about all the fun adventures we are going on…but …. off we went today to the Stockyards for lunch. We had a great time!
View attachment 50036

View attachment 50037

Do you see all 3 ponies in the below pic? 🤣 yes, Breezy pooped! And Bentley peed & pooped! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ 🤣🤣 Hollee was the perfect angel, show off 💕💕
View attachment 50038

View attachment 50039
I never get tried of seeing your adventures! Love the pic of Holly wanting some of your lunch😊 Nice braids on Bentley too🙂

Ditto here….I always enjoy everyone’s stories and photos. They never get tiring! Especially this past winter. They have all been excellent therapy as well as informative, and inspiring.

Keep em coming everyone! 🤗

Breezy and I rode with my friend Julie and her horse Hollee (in their truck & trailer) to the Grasslands, about an hour and a half away. We had a blast! Ponies were AWESOME! The terrain was difficult at times, but I felt completely safe in my bike. There were a couple of questionable hills where one tire would be high up on a berm and the other tire low on the ground, but I was able to always keep both tires planted and not once did I do a wheelie. Never a dull moment!

IMG_2347.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, I am so proud of Billy!! My sister took Jackie O and I took Billy to the nursing home today. I was worried for nothing. Billy enjoyed visiting with everyone and being petted. He acted as though he visited old folks all the time. We even went into the Memory area and he did very well in the close quarters, visiting. We were there almost an hour and he did not "make a mess"!! He was calm as a cucumber. Their boots really got comments. Jackie was wearing her Easy Boots and Bill was wearing glitter Cavellos.
Also took one of my chickens. The daughter of one of the care givers volunteered to carry her around to visit. She did perfect also, not pecking anyone, allowing petting, and not even making "a mess"! How cool is that?
On the down side, we stopped at the elevator to weigh when we got home and Billy is still holding the scale at 300.
Notice the plaque on the wall of the building above Billy's head.

Attachments

• corn1.jpg
    corn1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • corn2.jpg
    corn2.jpg
    698.6 KB · Views: 0
  • corn3.jpg
    corn3.jpg
    830.1 KB · Views: 0
  • corn4.jpg
    corn4.jpg
    742.9 KB · Views: 0
So THAT’s why you go to the stockyards and here I thought it was about the driving. 🤣

You have every right to be proud, Marsha! A fun and even stylish day with glitter boots! 😍 The home has certainly been established a long time. No doubt many stories are stored within those walls.

You know, when your pony has a heart of gold, he just naturally weighs more. ❤️

I sent a picture to Billy's former owner, and she told me that he went to a school with Santa for two years. She had this photo. He looks so young in the picture! She says she still has the sleigh part that fits over the EZ cart. I probably should see if she wants to sell it, but not sure I want to store it.

Attachments

• 355024147_1550951179038499_7641881826733545879_n.jpg
    355024147_1550951179038499_7641881826733545879_n.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back