75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God Bless the wonderful lady that took the cancer gelding. I am so glad he is getting the care he needs. Thank you so very much. Bless you, Bless you. I am praying for you and him.

If anyone is going down there or if anyone speaks to either of the two rescues on site (Ginni, etc), can you find out please and post if he is willing to let some go for $. That is all I am asking. I understand the posters that are saying do not enable him, as I said at this point I am going to focus on the horses that are still in his care, this group of horses, that is my focus at this time.

If anyone is going down there or if anyone speaks to either of the two rescues on site (Ginni, etc), can you find out please and post if he is willing to let some go for $. That is all I am asking. I understand the posters that are saying do not enable him, as I said at this point I am going to focus on the horses that are still in his care, this group of horses, that is my focus at this time.
"I was wondering if anyone that has purchased some horses, has a price ever been mentioned what they had to pay per horse?"

I asked Mr. Trembly to sell 3 stallions to me- he asked $1000 for the three. As I mentioned earlier we are negotiating on the price. (and I am negotiating with my husband LOL) Ginny seemed to think I could get them for 800 so we will see. Strikes me that $1000 is what he needed to buy more hay so that is the figure that popped into his mind to replenish his bank account or buy more hay.

I do not want to take advantage of him but want to get some of the horses out of there. (I hope that noone else would want to pay less than what they are truly worth) Please understand that this will be my way of saving a few horses. Sorry if everyone does not agree with me.

Anyone wanting to buy from him- his cell number is 620-22-7320.

As usual Vicki you said what needed to be said in the way it needed to be said. I think Mr. T is going to need a little time to adjust to what he needs to do with respect to greatly reducing the size of his herd. I truly believe with caring support he will get to that place. True change is incremental and everyone needs to be very aware of things that could impede that process. Having people pressuring him to surrender all/some of his horses is not the way to go at this point. The horses that needed intervention were surrendered. So it's time for the dog to let go of the bone in that respect. With a caring and measured approach this man will come to terms with the inevitable. At the end of the day we will have a human being who will feel good about the outcome and horses that will be cared for as they should be; those remaining with him, with the rescues, and those he will have placed in homes of his choosing.

Please keep in mind that right now we do not have a legal leg to stand on to continue to go after Mr. Trembly. Bashing him continually and doubting what others have confirmed make the situation unstable and ineffective.

I had asked that letters get written to pull the community together to put the situation in a positive light and I have not seen one. I am not asking that you in anyway support him, encourage him or enable him, however behaving as a madding crowd will cause severe damage to our ability to effect any change from this day forward.

Kansas has a very strong harassment and stalking law. We have to befriend him, earn his trust and assist him in reducing the herd to prevent a recurrence and to help the horses he has legal ownership of. Let's not be so defensive about our early response to the photos (I counted less than 30 out of 100 portrayed) that we cannot adjust to the change in the information and change in facts coming from the scene. There are no missing horses, the vet visit was the state KSU vet and was confirmed, that vet was the best independent expert we could have selected if we could have selected ourselves, the laws of the state are being followed, yes the sheriff lied to some of you but he has no duty to tell the truth to multiple callers from out of state or out of the county (grow up - law enforcement has always had a license to tell the public anything they choose for the situation) and pictures out of context belie the context of the facts - that is why in court photos without eyewitness accounts are not admissible.

If you want to help stop bashing and start thinking as a professional support group. Get a postive word out all over the world with the same energy as before about the good that the rescue groups are doing. Don't be so hard on yourselves for believing it was one way and finding that it might be something different. Calling the man names or labeling him as a hoarder will not change the facts on the ground. IF you don't want to accept the information coming from the eyewitnesses then go see for yourselves. Don't be arm chair quarterbacks. It is doing more harm than good at this point. Flame away but get a grip.

thanks for the number and glad 3 more will be out of there, no matter how we have to do it.... It would be nice to know which were saved as far as knowing the ones that remain. Not being there is tough and not knowing per say. The grey that was pictures lying down is that one that is safe? What about the other, the dark bay that was down, is it safe? Maybe I need to take a flight..might be easier.

As far as buying horses - what do we all do when we look around and realize we *need* to cut down? We sell some. Wasn't this guy trying to sell some, and that was how the condition of the herd came to light?

I don't see the harm in helping the horses by buying them, selling them is what anyone would do in this guy's position. Yes, I can understand about the "enabling" bit - but as someone else has already pointed out, who will he buy from now? I think the vast majority of the miniature horse community knows about this situation.

It also sounds like the horses are going for fair prices, for what they are today.

Since the state is now involved through the vet, I believe that Mr. Trembly will spend the money on feed and care. I think there has to be a show of good faith. I think not only would that help to cut down on the number of horses and help out the others, more people could have a relationship with Mr. Trembly and a reason to stop by and say howdy.

[SIZE=10pt]I was wondering if anyone that has purchased some horses, has a price ever been mentioned what they had to pay per horse? Just wondering for us that want to purchase one or some from him if and when that is possible for us to do. I have already offered to keep a few here for rehab if needed. I live in SW Arkansas tho, but if any are being shipped to Tenn or close to my area I have a large barn, stalls, pastures and an awesome Vet. [/SIZE]

I know therer are a lot of you that will disagree with what I did, but I publically appoliged to Mr Trembly in the news paper comments. I feel that although it was wrong to let the horses get to this state of condition, I feel he is human with feelings such as we all have, and I had the strong urge to let him know how I felt. I also feel that his tender age, I for one don't want to be the cause of him having a heart atack or get sick over this trama.
Personally, I think I agree with you, LindaB. I have done enough rescue to know that the most important thing is the horses and the only ways to help them are through either legal means or working with the owners to reach a successful resolution for the horses. The latter is MUCH easier and of shorter duration, plus it hopefully creates a win-win situation. When I spoke with the Sheriff, he actually did tell me the truth and I think that was the turning point this week. And personal contacts with KSU did confirm the vet going out there.

Vicki, I am going to suspend my YouTube slideshow and edit it to let the world know that progress is being made as well as include action people can now take to help this situation continue on the road to success for the minis. Can you please let us know what types of information would be most helpful at this point? Names of rescues, letters of thanks for progress, ways they can help, etc.

I hope no one feels the need to flame me, but whatever. I won't go down that road. I am too focused on doing what needs to be done and expending my energy there.

God bless you all (especially you, Ginny and Vic McMullen! :aktion033: ) for continuing the work on the "front lines". Please keep telling us how we can continue to help YOU.
default_yes.gif
:

"EXACTLY!!!! Like it or not it sometimes takes a bit of butt kissing to get a job done!" Amen, Shannon!! You must work/have worked in "Corporate America". Okay, back to butt-kissing.
default_cheekkiss.gif
: (we need a butt-kissing emoticon! :eek: )

Last edited by a moderator:
I just talked to a member of SWER. He will be at Vern's place Sunday and he asked me to ask you if you could move the clean up date to this Sunday. It's short notice, I know. He asked for a skid loader and a tractor with box blade. At this point, nothing will be hauled away--it will be moved to make the place safer. Any takers? I am sure no one that would volunteer would be judgmental or critical, but I was asked to state that anyone on his place conduct themselves with respect and compassion.

None of us can see into someone else's heart, but I have a strong belief all the money coming in from sales of the minis will go towards the care of his herd. You must understand he loves those horses. Purchasing them is not enabling. I suspect his numbers will be monitored and it doesn't seem reasonable that he would be allowed to purchase more after all this.

Things are rolling. I respectfully ask that the phone calls cease to the Sheriff's office. This incident has not put horse rescue in a favorable light. It is my hope that someone hears rescue is involved, they will thank God and cheer. I don't want horse rescue to bear the stigma of PETA. Dorrie & Frank's post was excellent.

There really hasn't been a bad guy here. There is no black and white. Forum members reacted out of a love of horses and a need to protect them. Mr. Trembly is not an evil man. Be a positive, professional part of the rescue. Yes, the focus is on the horses, but no rescue is entirely about the horses. They are owned by someone. Other people are involved. There is publicity involved, etc. It's a huge undertaking, but there are qualified and compassionate people to step in and make things work.

Thank you so much for your posts, Vicky, EMB, Jacquee' and Windingroad........as well as all who pm'd me and emailed me when I posted last.

I appreciate them more than you know.

Susan O.

But Marty's words are haunting me......because I certainly don't think I can "do better" than Ginny is. Part of me feels that maybe the more of us that Vern meets the more he might learn to trust us. But because of the "can do better"

Ginny is running on exhaustion and is being critized from every which way and that is why she said that if anyone can do better to come join her .

How would you guys feel if you were at the receiving end of "why don't they do this, and why can't they do that" every 5 minutes and be critized no matter what you do. All I can tell you is that she is doing anything she can to try and get horses out of there.

Trembly does not want to remove any more horses. He is very attached to them and at this point legally does not have to get rid of any of them right now. There is no court order, nothing forcing him to even allow her on his property. He is doing that to show he is trying to co-operate. She has much difficulty getting the ones out that she did. She said he really gives the impression that he is not about the money but looks at these horses as his life's work and is proud of that accomplishment, but he really does not see some of the things we see. That being said, just cross your fingers that she will be able to get him to relinquish more horses to her or anyone else that shows up.

[How would you guys feel if you were at the receiving end of "why don't they do this, and why can't they do that" every 5 minutes and be critized no matter what you do. All I can tell you is that she is doing anything she can to try and get horses out of there.

Marty, Shannon, whomever - if you are in contact with Ginny, you make sure that girl knows she has a heck of a lot of people cheering for her. I don't think that this board or CMHR has put horse rescue in a bad light. If I see a herd in big trouble in my area, you better believe this is one place I'm turning if I can't get anywhere on my own or through local legal channels.

I asked Mr. Trembly to sell 3 stallions to me- he asked $1000 for the three. As I mentioned earlier we are negotiating on the price. (and I am negotiating with my husband LOL) Ginny seemed to think I could get them for 800 so we will see. Strikes me that $1000 is what he needed to buy more hay so that is the figure that popped into his mind to replenish his bank account or buy more hay.

I do not want to take advantage of him but want to get some of the horses out of there. (I hope that noone else would want to pay less than what they are truly worth) Please understand that this will be my way of saving a few horses. Sorry if everyone does not agree with me.

Bootise do what you gotta do. I just hope to heck he does not continue to breed or buy anymore horses because if he did, that would be the final straw that breaks this old camels back.

I am not good at writing letters, but I see some you are excellent at it. I think it is important for these rescue groups to be seen as warm and helping people. I think that when some else finds themselves in a situation like Mr. Trimbley and doesn't know how to get out of it or is afraid to ask for for help because they are going to be judged and persecuted by the public, they need to know where they can get help without judgement.

I also think that these news organizations are going to want to do a follow up story on this and it will be a good opportunity to show how great the rescue groups really are. It should also show that they are approachable and not every situation come to this. When they can get someone to cooperate with them it can be a very rewarding experience for everyone involved. The animals can get the care they deserve and the person can be relieved of the burden they have taken on and now can't manage. As most of you have said, it does happen. Our little horses will outlive a lot of us so we will all be faced with these decisions someday.

Shelia

PLEASE read the star fish story and see how you too can walk along with Ginny for each and everyone can make a difference there. GO girl go :saludando:

She said if anyone thinks they can do better, to please feel free to come to Kansas and join her at any time.
I've debated for several days now about going to Uniontown (it's about 200 miles) to see if I can help or just to see the horses for myself. When I got up this morning I was ready to go. But Marty's words are haunting me......because I certainly don't think I can "do better" than Ginny is. Part of me feels that maybe the more of us that Vern meets the more he might learn to trust us. But because of the "can do better" part of that statement, another part of me feels that by going I'd be in some way saying that Ginny isn't doing enough, or her best.....and that certainly isn't true!!

I'm still dressed to go. Got the directions, Ginnys number and my camera. But here I sit...undecided about what to do.

If I went I'd be willing to buy a couple, but I have no way to bring them home and the health certificate question is still there.

I haven't had the time to read through all of the posts here so I apologize in advance if this has been mentioned before. I did see that someone mentioned donating the old cars or whatever to charity. I have a metal recycling place just down the road from me that will buy old cars, pop/beer cans, and whatever else they can get their hands on. Is there a way that someone can check and see if there's a place close to Mr. T that does that? That would be a way for him to get some extra cash for hay, wormer, or whatever, and also help to clean the place up in the process.

Just a thought. I'm only a few hours away, but I can't get up there to actually help :no:

Edit: I just found a news story on another local TV station where you can actually watch the story. Not much and I'm not sure if it was posted before or not, but here it is.

Preach it Marty! That is so true, Ginny is doing the best she can by the horses and Mr. Trembly. I think that is ALL we can ask of her right now, JMO.

Dani, I just talked to Ginny and she is on her way to the farm now. I asked her about the horses in question. She didn't see the bay mare down yesterday. The white horse down was in the stallion pen so is assumed to be a stallion and he was up yesterday. She didn't comment on his appearance. She did ask Mr Trembly about the gelding with one eye wanting to buy him for herself and take him back to Tennessee since he stole her heart last weekend and he told her that he was "already sold to someone from Kansas coming to get him". Any time she asked about one in particular, she got that story. :eek:

Shannon

But Marty's words are haunting me......because I certainly don't think I can "do better" than Ginny is. Part of me feels that maybe the more of us that Vern meets the more he might learn to trust us. But because of the "can do better"

Ginny is running on exhaustion and is being critized from every which way and that is why she said that if anyone can do better to come join her .

How would you guys feel if you were at the receiving end of "why don't they do this, and why can't they do that" every 5 minutes and be critized no matter what you do. All I can tell you is that she is doing anything she can to try and get horses out of there.

Trembly does not want to remove any more horses. He is very attached to them and at this point legally does not have to get rid of any of them right now. There is no court order, nothing forcing him to even allow her on his property. He is doing that to show he is trying to co-operate. She has much difficulty getting the ones out that she did. She said he really gives the impression that he is not about the money but looks at these horses as his life's work and is proud of that accomplishment, but he really does not see some of the things we see. That being said, just cross your fingers that she will be able to get him to relinquish more horses to her or anyone else that shows up.
I hate to hear Ginny is being criticized and is put in any position to feel like she needs to defend herself. She has to work within the parameters of the law and work with Mr. Trembly, who you described very well. He doesn't see things like we do. And though he is cooperating, it's impossible to get him to see it in the same light. I believe she's already gone above and beyond to make this trip and take this much time out of her life. I trust completely she is doing everything she can--and I understand how difficult this task is from so many standpoints. I've only heard praise for her and don't know where the criticism is coming from. In any event, it's inappropriate to criticize the volunteer in the trenches with the shovel.

And I will second that ! I too have not seen anyone critizing Ginny ...we know she has a tough job along with the other rescue people and we are cheering them on to do the best they can with these minis. Any body that is trying to save even one of those minis needs to have a medal of honor!! From what has been said Mr trembly does not need more money to meet the needs of those horses he just didn't and now he is being asked to. Mary

I hate to hear Ginny is being criticized and is put in any position to feel like she needs to defend herself. She has to work within the parameters of the law and work with Mr. Trembly, who you described very well. He doesn't see things like we do. And though he is cooperating, it's impossible to get him to see it in the same light. I believe she's already gone above and beyond to make this trip and take this much time out of her life. I trust completely she is doing everything she can--and I understand how difficult this task is from so many standpoints. I've only heard praise for her and don't know where the criticism is coming from. In any event, it's inappropriate to criticize the volunteer in the trenches with the shovel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back