75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=12pt]It is now 3 am. I spent the last 1 1/2 doing a sheath cleaning...I don't think I'll ever be the same!!! But the penis was INFESTED with maggots. I think I've got them all. The size has went down considerably. Poor little guy, he fought me for a few minutes and then I think he figured out that I was trying to help him. He then stood like a perfect angel for the rest of the time.[/SIZE]

default_crybaby.gif
: that poor little guy!
default_crybaby.gif
:

and OMG :smileypuke: poor foster mom!! GOD BLESS YOU for doing what needed to be done right away to get this little guy on the road to recovery. 2-3 a.m. :no: you are awesome
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

Who is criticising Ginny???

No, that should not be happening!!!

I see no harm in purchasing horses at that price, none at all so long as they are in acceptable condition, I am very surprised (and favourably so) that Trembly has put such an acceptable price on them- now, if only he will let at least 40 of them go, and let the rescues geld the stallions the whole thing might start to settle down.

Speaking as a "senior citizen" , on my own, with no running water or electricity and living 7 miles form my horses, I cannot even begin to imagine why anyone would want 40 horses, let alone 100- I keep cutting back and cutting down and I fight to keep my number below 20 as that is what I can cope with.

It would be a good idea if he could be brought to think the same way.

I just talked to a member of SWER. He will be at Vern's place Sunday and he asked me to ask you if you could move the clean up date to this Sunday. It's short notice, I know. He asked for a skid loader and a tractor with box blade. At this point, nothing will be hauled away--it will be moved to make the place safer. Any takers? I am sure no one that would volunteer would be judgmental or critical, but I was asked to state that anyone on his place conduct themselves with respect and compassion.
I can't make any guarantees as we only have 1 vehicle at the moment and hubby maybe doing house repairs this weekend, BUT if the vehicle is available please add me to the list of volunteers this weekend. I live about an hour from Uniontown and would be honored to assist.

It is impossible to understand how a horse could be in that condition and have a vet there overlook it and not treat it! How did Vern over look it? This is the kind of thing that keeps me so upset and yet those minis were supposed to be so "loved" :no: :no: Mary

[SIZE=12pt]It is now 3 am. I spent the last 1 1/2 doing a sheath cleaning...I don't think I'll ever be the same!!! But the penis was INFESTED with maggots. I think I've got them all. The size has went down considerably. Poor little guy, he fought me for a few minutes and then I think he figured out that I was trying to help him. He then stood like a perfect angel for the rest of the time.[/SIZE]

default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
:

and OMG :smileypuke: poor foster mom!! GOD BLESS YOU for doing what needed to be done right away to get this little guy on the road to recovery. 2-3 a.m. :no: you are awesome
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Preach it Marty! That is so true, Ginny is doing the best she can by the horses and Mr. Trembly. I think that is ALL we can ask of her right now, JMO.

Dani, I just talked to Ginny and she is on her way to the farm now. I asked her about the horses in question. She didn't see the bay mare down yesterday. The white horse down was in the stallion pen so is assumed to be a stallion and he was up yesterday. She didn't comment on his appearance. She did ask Mr Trembly about the gelding with one eye wanting to buy him for herself and take him back to Tennessee since he stole her heart last weekend and he told her that he was "already sold to someone from Kansas coming to get him". Any time she asked about one in particular, she got that story. :eek:

Shannon

Shannon, thank you so very much for all your updates and for asking for me. It's difficult when you aren't there to "see" who perhaps some of us can help get out of there and who really would benefit by being in a new environment immediately, but it is starting to sound like he may be starting to dig his heels in a bit. I could call him and offer but without knowing which animal........
default_sad.png

default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
:

default_cheekkiss.gif
:
[SIZE=14pt]After talking to Foster Mom and getting more details of that night's sheath cleaning than I cared to post, I'm convinced that the gelding was supposed to be with her. SHE is the angel here... :worshippy: [/SIZE]

I just talked to a member of SWER. He will be at Vern's place Sunday and he asked me to ask you if you could move the clean up date to this Sunday. It's short notice, I know. He asked for a skid loader and a tractor with box blade. At this point, nothing will be hauled away--it will be moved to make the place safer. Any takers? I am sure no one that would volunteer would be judgmental or critical, but I was asked to state that anyone on his place conduct themselves with respect and compassion.
I can't make any guarantees as we only have 1 vehicle at the moment and hubby maybe doing house repairs this weekend, BUT if the vehicle is available please add me to the list of volunteers this weekend. I live about an hour from Uniontown and would be honored to assist.
That's awesome! Which way do you live from Uniontown? Maybe we can find you a lift!

Maybe I missed something, but wasn't a vet official supposed to be on-site Thursday to examine the minis? Any comments on that?

Is there a way to arrange follow-up care/oversight of the minis that remain in Mr. Trembly's possession? If we (meaning the rescues) don't have a legal authority to stay involved, how can we (meaning the rest of us concerned folks) head off further problems?

Has anyone from the local community volunteered to help with the clean-up on Sunday? I recall seeing mention of a local minister in early posts. Could they sponsor a Mini-Watch as part of their community outreach??

So many questions and so few answers. Include Mr. Trembly in your prayers that he will receive understanding and an openness to receiving help.

Faith

Maybe I missed something, but wasn't a vet official supposed to be on-site Thursday to examine the minis? Any comments on that?

Is there a way to arrange follow-up care/oversight of the minis that remain in Mr. Trembly's possession? If we (meaning the rescues) don't have a legal authority to stay involved, how can we (meaning the rest of us concerned folks) head off further problems?

Has anyone from the local community volunteered to help with the clean-up on Sunday? I recall seeing mention of a local minister in early posts. Could they sponsor a Mini-Watch as part of their community outreach??

So many questions and so few answers. Include Mr. Trembly in your prayers that he will receive understanding and an openness to receiving help.

Faith
A veterinarian from Kansas State University was there yesterday. I don't know ifhis report willl be released or not. Mr. Trembly showed me the report from Doctor Gray and it did not do him any favors. The K-State vet is absolutely the best we could have hoped for.

This deal is not going to go away. Yes, there will be follow-up. Kansas rescues will monitor it, as well as the Sheriff's department. (They are NOT the bad guys depicted in earlier posts. Lots of miscommunication took place. They had a lot to deal with in additon to their regular duties.)For what they've been through, too, you can bet they don't want a repeat. Vern has some great friends who will continue to help him. They have made recommendations to him, just like Ginny, and always hit a brick wall. I wish I had gotten their number. I know they would help, but as close an eye as their keeping on things, I'll bet they'll be there.

It is impossible to understand how a horse could be in that condition and have a vet there overlook it and not treat it! How did Vern over look it? This is the kind of thing that keeps me so upset and yet those minis were supposed to be so "love" :no: :no: Mary
Mary, this is what is so bad about these types of situations. The owners REALLY believe they love their horses. In fact, they love them to a point where it is not healthy for the owner or the horses. When an object (someone or something) becomes the whole reason for the person's existance, it is then an obsession.

When someone loves something that much to where it becomes obsessive, it is not healthy. In this case, it was summed up as Vern sees these horses as his life's work and that others are trying to destroy that work. IMO, that means that he feels that these horses were one of the most important thing that ever happened to him and that is what a life's work is. He honestly loves them with all his heart. But, when that love reaches this level of obsession, that is where things go terribly wrong.

Now I am not saying that all cases of neglect are because the animal is loved. Some people just get an animal as a novelty and when that novelty wears off, they just don't give care any more. But in this case, from what I see, this is not the case. In this case it appears that Vern believes with all his heart and soul that he loves these horses. He wasn't lying about that. You could see the pain on his face in those videos, and from the fact that not once did he ask anyone to leave his property when he was legally able to do so.

This is where our compassion and for that matter, mercy, should come into play. We don't have to condone the situation in any way. We don't have to give up trying to help those horses. But we should reserve our judgement and let that judgement fall on the shoulders of a higher diety.

We, as good, caring, compassionate, and merciful people, should also care so much for those horses that we are willing to lay aside our hatered and anger of the situation and realize that we are dealing with someone who does honestly love his animals and try to understand his story and how he got to this point as that will almost always aid us in the recue effort. We don't have to agree with him in any way or condone his actions, and most certainly we don't have to allow this situation to continue, but we must not loose site of the fact that as a human being he does have emotions and pride, and we should not see him as a heartless evil creature.

Lets try to continue to help those horses, and maybe in doing so we can help the man as well.

Just my thoughts on the situation after staying awake all night for the past few weeks thinking on this. I know that others will not agree, but IMO, this is what compassion and mercy are all about.

Can someone please tell me how a horse can get maggots up in his D__K holder? :smileypuke:

I swear I cannot figure that one out.
default_frusty.gif
:

Observations of the day:

1. There is only 2 years difference between my Hus and Trembly
default_unsure.png
:

2. And I am beginning to think I have a hoarder.......you should see our garage :eek: Men!
default_wacko.png
:

(I"m getting skeert)

A veterinarian from Kansas State University was there yesterday. I don't know ifhis report willl be released or not. Mr. Trembly showed me the report from Doctor Gray and it did not do him any favors. The K-State vet is absolutely the best we could have hoped for.
This deal is not going to go away. Yes, there will be follow-up. Kansas rescues will monitor it, as well as the Sheriff's department. (They are NOT the bad guys depicted in earlier posts. Lots of miscommunication took place. They had a lot to deal with in additon to their regular duties.)For what they've been through, too, you can bet they don't want a repeat. Vern has some great friends who will continue to help him. They have made recommendations to him, just like Ginny, and always hit a brick wall. I wish I had gotten their number. I know they would help, but as close an eye as their keeping on things, I'll bet they'll be there.
Thank you for the update and clarification as well. I am hoping that the rescues (local) that were instrumental in the physical removal of the ones that were released by Mr. T. will come and visit this board once and awhile and give us an update as the progress of these sweet horses. For now. like everyone else, my emotions are totally spent at this point, I am almost to the point of being numb. I am glad to know that the help will be ongoing with this herd and I will pray that the numbers are further reduced to make things more manageable as well.

:aktion033:

Okay, time to make some soap
default_wink.png
:

Kristin, we can't be there this Sunday. We don't have any spare weekend time until the 27th. We were willing to haul our loader there to help with the clean-up, as I've seen in person how badly it's needed, but the timing isn't going to work for us. If there is any other way we can help out, please feel free to email or call me. Vern has my phone number if you don't.

Franny

It is impossible to understand how a horse could be in that condition and have a vet there overlook it and not treat it! How did Vern over look it? This is the kind of thing that keeps me so upset and yet those minis were supposed to be so "love" :no: :no: Mary
Mary, this is what is so bad about these types of situations. The owners REALLY believe they love their horses. In fact, they love them to a point where it is not healthy for the owner or the horses. When an object (someone or something) becomes the whole reason for the person's existance, it is then an obsession.

When someone loves something that much to where it becomes obsessive, it is not healthy. In this case, it was summed up as Vern sees these horses as his life's work and that others are trying to destroy that work. IMO, that means that he feels that these horses were one of the most important thing that ever happened to him and that is what a life's work is. He honestly loves them with all his heart. But, when that love reaches this level of obsession, that is where things go terribly wrong.

Now I am not saying that all cases of neglect are because the animal is loved. Some people just get an animal as a novelty and when that novelty wears off, they just don't give care any more. But in this case, from what I see, this is not the case. In this case it appears that Vern believes with all his heart and soul that he loves these horses. He wasn't lying about that. You could see the pain on his face in those videos, and from the fact that not once did he ask anyone to leave his property when he was legally able to do so.

This is where our compassion and for that matter, mercy, should come into play. We don't have to condone the situation in any way. We don't have to give up trying to help those horses. But we should reserve our judgement and let that judgement fall on the shoulders of a higher diety.

We, as good, caring, compassionate, and merciful people, should also care so much for those horses that we are willing to lay aside our hatered and anger of the situation and realize that we are dealing with someone who does honestly love his animals and try to understand his story and how he got to this point as that will almost always aid us in the recue effort. We don't have to agree with him in any way or condone his actions, and most certainly we don't have to allow this situation to continue, but we must not loose site of the fact that as a human being he does have emotions and pride, and we should not see him as a heartless evil creature.

Lets try to continue to help those horses, and maybe in doing so we can help the man as well.

Just my thoughts on the situation after staying awake all night for the past few weeks thinking on this. I know that others will not agree, but IMO, this is what compassion and mercy are all about.

very well said Nila! trying to help and being polite and caring does NOT mean we condone what he has done... at this point the reasons why aren't as important as getting the horses we can out of there, and establishing a relationship to ensure monitoring future care for those we can't get out...

Can someone please tell me how a horse can get maggots up in his D__K holder? :smileypuke:
A couple people on the forum have mentioned that their horses have had bouts with summer sores this year and that it was nasty to take care. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how the problem started, but it wasn't taken care of right away and it got this bad.

Everyone wnoders why a vet can overlook flat out skinny. I don't. I had a Japanese Chin dog shipped from CO to Nevada (well she had to go to Sacramento because the airline said it was too cold to land her here) When we got her you could not see her bones because she has a full coat. But, there was not a bone that didn't protrude from this poor dog. How can a vet give a health certificate on a dog he wasn't currently treating that had so many bones exposed? Same with the horses. Unless they do blood work and test for worms and all the other things that horses get, How can they say they "ONLY" have worms? However, vets are only people too. They can make mistakes too. Lets just PRAY that this KSU vet didn't make any mistakes. Oh, and by the way, on Monday the Sheriff told me that "HE" was having the vet out NOT Mr T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back