75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the update and clarification as well. I am hoping that the rescues (local) that were instrumental in the physical removal of the ones that were released by Mr. T. will come and visit this board once and awhile and give us an update as the progress of these sweet horses. For now. like everyone else, my emotions are totally spent at this point, I am almost to the point of being numb. I am glad to know that the help will be ongoing with this herd and I will pray that the numbers are further reduced to make things more manageable as well.

I can't remember being more emotionally spent than I was leaving Mr. Trembly's place. I'm with you there, Danielle. There are images that will never leave me.

Mr. Trembly has a pony ride business. He showed me photos of a 6 horse hitch of matched duns, a few of carousel rides where he walks with the horses. I think that's a crappy job for a pony, but they aren't subjected to it often. He has carpet for them to walk on when they're on pavement.

I realize that many of you will not care but I just realized that Mr. Tremble, Ginny, Wendy, and I did not have lunch yesterday. I wonder how many days Vern goes with out lunch. Like many of the horses he does not have any fat to spare.

Perhaps someone who is in touch with Ginny today could remind her to go eat as well. She was too exhausted from her long drive to think about food yesterday.

I just spoke with him for a minute to tell him I was still planning to purchase 3 of his stallions and will be down to get them within the next week or so.

When I asked how he was he said he had a lot of company out there today.

Maybe someone could get a sandwich and cold drink for Vern as well.

Faye

Marty..........or anyone from CMHR. A friend of mine works for a company that makes probiotics, and has offered to donate to this cause. Originally the boss offered a one gallon jug of probios, but Ginny mentioned it might be hard to dose to those who need in multiple locations. My friend (and her boss) said they could donate 10 - 80cc tubes of probio if that would help. She is in Kansas, and can get them out quickly I'm sure. I had e-mailed Ginny, not remembering she wouldn't have e-mail access.

I believe the ones that were surrendered are the worst of the group, so the probios may be very helpful. Can someone tell me if they feel these would be needed, and I can see what I can do about getting them out. Also, p.m. me with addresses of where they need to go.........who wants what of the 10 tubes, etc. Anything you can give me.

OK now im confused (maybe cause im blonde and looking at things upside down all the time- farrier thing)

but he is now getting his placed cleaned up by the rescue? and he has money? im sorry but that sounds like its not right.

Dan and I just found out yesterday that our house is being sold out from under us. WE are packing, trying to locate another place, get ready to move, and to keep our client appointments on top of our normal chores.

so if i dont sound sympathetic to the clean up cause its because im not. and he only wants it moved not removed. not much sense to me sorry

dawn

Can someone please tell me how a horse can get maggots up in his D__K holder? :smileypuke:
A couple people on the forum have mentioned that their horses have had bouts with summer sores this year and that it was nasty to take care. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how the problem started, but it wasn't taken care of right away and it got this bad.
Any time there is an open sore that is not treated it is subject to get maggots from flies blowing it. But that may be what stopped it from going to gangrene. I just thank God he is outta there and getting such wonderful care. I bet he thinks he died and went to heaven.

[SIZE=14pt]Judy Mooore is the lady who left with her husband on a moment's notice to drive to Uniontown and pick up the first group of surrenders. They kept two of them to foster and she is also the lady that was on the channel 12 news yesterday. Her husband had a heart attack last night and had open heart surgery early this morning. I have arranged for the horses to go to another foster home, but I wanted to let everyone know so you all could keep John & Judy in your thoughts and prayers.
default_pray.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Thank you for all you have done and know that we are here for you Judy.
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Judy Mooore is the lady who left with her husband on a moment's notice to drive to Uniontown and pick up the first group of surrenders. They kept two of them to foster and she is also the lady that was on the channel 12 news yesterday. Her husband had a heart attack last night and had open heart surgery early this morning. I have arranged for the horses to go to another foster home, but I wanted to let everyone know so you all could keep John & Judy in your thoughts and prayers.
default_pray.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Thank you for all you have done and know that we are here for you Judy.
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon [/SIZE]
Oh my gosh!!! Why of course we will keep them in our thoughts and prayes. Bless them for helping us and I certainly hope the stress of this situation didn't bring on the attack! And if you talk with them, let them know we appreciate their help!

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Our prayers are with John and Judy at this most difficult time. God Bless you for helping the horses and I pray that John has a very speedy recovery.

Connie Parr

CLP Miniatures

Michigan

Just a few comments:

1. I hope that the great folks who have taken the surrendered or adopted horses so far have been documenting their conditions with notes, pictures, or video. If it does become a legal case that evidence could be important down the road (I'm think especially of the gelding with the maggot infested penis).

2. Has anyone looked into contacting human or social services about Mr. Trembly? I am concerned for the horses but all the things I'm hearing about him are pointing to a man who's alone a good deal of the time and even if he DOES have money and access to food and water, may not be making the best decisions. We can take care of the horses, maybe Mr. Trembly needs someone to step in and help him take care of himself for a while.

3. If there's any chance any of these horses might make their way out to California someday, I'm sure we could open up our barn to one or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK now im confused (maybe cause im blonde and looking at things upside down all the time- farrier thing)

but he is now getting his placed cleaned up by the rescue? and he has money? im sorry but that sounds like its not right.

Dan and I just found out yesterday that our house is being sold out from under us. WE are packing, trying to locate another place, get ready to move, and to keep our client appointments on top of our normal chores.

so if i dont sound sympathetic to the clean up cause its because im not. and he only wants it moved not removed. not much sense to me sorry

dawn
I don't know where that got started. This man is poor.

Well he maybelieve he loves the horses but he sure didn't show it the way a person who truly loves their horses would have. I was speaking of true love not an obsession as some say it has turned into. Just so no one confuses "true love" which I was speaking about with the obsession of ownership he and others seems to say he has. I do understand that you are saying he is obsessed with his horses and isn't thinking clearly. So at this point, if this is true, maybe he needs to spend some money on a shrink and be gently told his love is not a healthy love And if this is true then the sherrif needs to write this up in a report so both he and the horses get help. . Thanks, Mary

It is impossible to understand how a horse could be in that condition and have a vet there overlook it and not treat it! How did Vern over look it? This is the kind of thing that keeps me so upset and yet those minis were supposed to be so "loved" :no: :no: Mary
Mary, this is what is so bad about these types of situations. The owners REALLY believe they love their horses. In fact, they love them to a point where it is not healthy for the owner or the horses. When an object (someone or something) becomes the whole reason for the person's existance, it is then an obsession.

When someone loves something that much to where it becomes obsessive, it is not healthy. In this case, it was summed up as Vern sees these horses as his life's work and that others are trying to destroy that work. IMO, that means that he feels that these horses were one of the most important thing that ever happened to him and that is what a life's work is. He honestly loves them with all his heart. But, when that love reaches this level of obsession, that is where things go terribly wrong.

Now I am not saying that all cases of neglect are because the animal is loved. Some people just get an animal as a novelty and when that novelty wears off, they just don't give care any more. But in this case, from what I see, this is not the case. In this case it appears that Vern believes with all his heart and soul that he loves these horses. He wasn't lying about that. You could see the pain on his face in those videos, and from the fact that not once did he ask anyone to leave his property when he was legally able to do so.

This is where our compassion and for that matter, mercy, should come into play. We don't have to condone the situation in any way. We don't have to give up trying to help those horses. But we should reserve our judgement and let that judgement fall on the shoulders of a higher diety.

We, as good, caring, compassionate, and merciful people, should also care so much for those horses that we are willing to lay aside our hatered and anger of the situation and realize that we are dealing with someone who does honestly love his animals and try to understand his story and how he got to this point as that will almost always aid us in the recue effort. We don't have to agree with him in any way or condone his actions, and most certainly we don't have to allow this situation to continue, but we must not loose site of the fact that as a human being he does have emotions and pride, and we should not see him as a heartless evil creature.

Lets try to continue to help those horses, and maybe in doing so we can help the man as well.

Just my thoughts on the situation after staying awake all night for the past few weeks thinking on this. I know that others will not agree, but IMO, this is what compassion and mercy are all about.

dawn
I was at Mr. Trembly's this week. I saw no evidence that he has an excess of money. He drives a very old and rundown vehicle, is dressed in outdated clothing, and his cellphone is at least 5 years old. From all of the evidence I've seen, he lives very meagerly. Just because someone reported on this board that he's rich, doesn't necessarily mean that he is.

The debris is being cleaned up and moved to another part of the property for the safety of the horses . There is a lot of metal (bale wire, old vehicles, wheels, steel barrels, refrigerators and freezers, etc.). It all needs to be sorted through for recycling. A recyclying center needs to be contacted to bring out bins for the metal unless someone is willing to haul multiple loads of the stuff to wherever the nearest center is. It's a big job and won't be accomplished in just one day.

It was reported that the sherrif said "he had more money than god." If he truly is poor that would explain why the horses have been neglected in many ways. I was told by someone close to him that he is "frugal" and I know a person can appear poor if they are very frugal. My mother-in-law was that way. She probably saved the first dime she ever had so she could see on paper just how rich she became. After she died we found out she had holdings of over a million dollars! [and her son wore shoes with no soles hardly left to them when he was just a kid] Looks can be deceving and many people in her town gave her a lot because they would see her buying at thrift stores and living like a pauper. I think this happens more often than we know about. Now, I am not saying Vern isn't poor for I don't know that as a fact but with him being known as frugal he could have one heck of a stash that is not known about. We only speculate one thing and then another. mary

dawn
I don't know where that got started. This man is poor.

Well he maybelieve he loves the horses but he sure didn't show it the way a person who truly loves their horses would have. I was speaking of true love not an obsession as some say it has turned into. Just so no one confuses "true love" which I was speaking about with the obsession of ownership he and others seems to say he has. I do understand that you are saying he is obsessed with his horses and isn't thinking clearly. So at this point, if this is true, maybe he needs to spend some money on a shrink and be gently told his love is not a healthy love And if this is true then the sherrif needs to write this up in a report so both he and the horses get help. . Thanks, Mary

I think it is great the way everyone has stepped in to see that the horses get help but quite a different matter to try to make Mr. Trembly get professional help. Please lets not start attacking his mental state. We don't know anything about his life really. About how many friends he has, whether he eats right or not, blah blah blah. I'm mostly concerned about the horses.

ok i apologize for miss reading

and im sorry

i hope that everything goes as planned up there

dawn

Yes, lets stop the specualtion. Mr. Trembly is subject to reading or hearing about every word written here. He's going through enough. Everyone speaks of how much they love their horses--can't we give him the right to love them? Please stop. Please.

Unfortunately, Ginni is in the 'hot seat'- and it is a thankless job. Yes, it is easy for others to make suggestions or demands of what she is doing/trying to do, without being on the 'front lines' and taking all this on face to face!! It is NOT easy!

Please DO NOT make her or CMHR out to the be 'bad guys' here!! That will not help here or in future rescue situations at all. :no:

If you make volunteers feel that they are not worthy, or 'cant do anything right', etc.. guess what? You will have no volunteers because frankly, they dont get paid enough to continue to deal with that- especially if others feel 'they can do better' -but dont step up to the plate.

People do the best that they can with what they have to work with and it is extremely difficult to get things straight factually when it is done over the internet. That is why Ginni went out first hand, as did others as well.

HUGS AND THANKS to all of you and your efforts!!

Well my emotions are more than spent.

I don't know if Trembly is a hoarder or what he is or is not but I know he is wrong.

I have had enough saddness and torment to last me another lifetime and I hate to think of any animal out there that has to suffer and has no voice. If it was not for the beautiful people that stepped up and gave these Kansas horses a voice they would still be out there in dier need.

I remain angry of the attrocities that went on out there and what those poor little horses have been subjected to. I hate it.

I am still very angry to think after all this help going out to those animals that he may still continue to breed and breed and produce more of the same and has not been stopped. I hate it.

I shutter to think about what will happen to remaining horses when it's foaling time or winter comes with no barns or shelters; nothing other that trees with for a "windbreak" whatever that means.

I do not wish this man any harm or any ill-will and want him to get the help he needs for himself but

now he is getting his junk yard cleaned up for free and money in his pocket because apparently there seems to be no other way. It's almost like he has been rewarded for cruelty to his own animals.

I stand my ground and want to see every last horse removed from Mr. Trembly's ownership and hope he never is allowed to have another horse again. Call me cold hearted I don't care; I call it the way I see it. Enough is enough.

There are more Tremblys in this world that must also be stopped.

Please give a voice to animals that you see in need.

Disgusted.

Over & Out.

Gone fishing.

There have been a number of people that lived in a state of poverty yet when they died they left substantial amounts of money behind.................... I am so sorry to hear about the Moores - bless them & I hope all will turn out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back